All reviewsrockpool restaurantbedroom villaprivate poolwellness centrefull kitchenwashing machine and dryerseparate buildingluxury escapeschef lisavilla numbercooking classmain bedroomawesome villachaweng beachliving areasea viewspecial mention must go
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The moment I finished the Checkin formalities at the front desk and the Guest Service Team member Pat told me that I was sharing the villa with 2 other people I was in a state of shock but when I went in the villa I was pleasantly surprised.

Our villa had a common living and dining area and the pool which was shared among 3 families. We had a private bedroom and there was a Master bedroom on the first floor whereas my bedroom was on the ground floor. All my concerns of privacy were vanished and evaporated.

Its a wonderful property by the Choeng Moen Beach which is very close to the airport as well as Chaweng Beach. I didn't want to stay in an area full of night clubs, restaurants and buzzing with activity and this was the perfect location. I could spend some time in peace and quite here and to shopping, dine and drink I took a short drive to Chaweng Beach which was like 10 minutes drive.

The property is fantastic. Rockpool their restaurant and bar by the sea is must be place. The TV was subscribed to channels that showed good English movies. The staff is the highlight of the property. Very hospitable and helpful staff who helped me with almost every little thing possible.

The only hitch if I was forced to write about them would be that their Wi Fi doesn't work well inside the bedroom but works relatively better in the Living and Dining area.

Overall a wonderful experience with them and I would recommend this resort to everyone who is visiting Samui especially those with the family.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ronniethedevil
Karma_Resorts_Group, Manager at Kanda Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Dear ronniethedevil

Apologies for my late response

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your kind comments on Trip Advisor.

It is expressions such as yours that make the Karma Samui teams efforts are all worth while

the internet can be a little slow here if you're used to a more hi-tec environment, my apologies for any inconvenience that might have caused

We hope to have the opportunity of looking after you again in the not too distant future

Reviewed 12 March 2012

If you are looking for value for money then this is the place! Great location, not far from the airport or Chaweng Beach. Your accommodation is a fully self contained villa, that is beautifully decorated and very private. We stayed in a villa which was quite close to the reception area but once you opened the gate you were in a world of your own! Our area consisted of 2 buildings, 1 main area with kitchen, laundry and lounge that opened out into your court yard/pool area and offered ocean views. The other building consisted of 3 bedrooms all with own ensuites, one huge master room on the top floor with its own balcony and two smaller rooms on the ground floor.
We were totally amazed, as there was just the two of us! Would be an ideal place to go with a group of friends.
The staff were always very welcoming, they even dropped us off to our next hotel free of charge!
This place has a lot of villas, yet we never felt like we were amongst a large crowd. The Rockpool Restaurant is a definite must, especially for sunset drinks and dinner.
On our first night of dining we received several courses sent with compliments from the chef. The Breakfast menu offers a good variety and with its fantastic ocean views, it was always a great way to start our day. Unfortunately, we only stayed here for 3 nights, we could have without doubt spent our whole week here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jacjacjackeee

Dear jacjacjackeee

My apologies for this late response

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We have not stayed in this hotel, just went for a Sunday brunch they offer and it was just incredible. Stunning views, delicious food with a great choice, live music, very good service, beautiful pool with a view to the beach and the ocean.. simply great! We will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marvin M
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We just arrived back from 3 weeks in Thailand. The first week was in Koh Samui and we had chosen to splash out in the first week as it was Christmas and we don't often get to celebrate Christmas with the family as we live in New Zeland and they live in Denmark. So our Christmas present to our daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandkids (7 + 10), was 1 week in a luxury pool house at Karma Samui. And it was really a treat !!!

The house was amazing. It was divided into three houses. One house was our master-suite with big bedroom, wardrobe and big bath room. In the middle was another house with laundry, open kitchen and living room/dining room. And on the other side a third house with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. And in the middle - in front of the living room and with our bedrooms on each side - was the pool. Just amazing. The kids absolutely loved it and used it all the time. They only went to the big pool at the resort a couple of times :o)

The restaurant at the resort is really good as well. During Christmas they had some amazing arrangements - and none of these were compulsory - which is often the case with other resorts! And.. the chef from the restaurant helped us get some ducks for Christmas Eve where my husband wanted to cook for his family. Everybody was just so helpfull - all the way through.

The only 'bad' thing I can say about this resort - or our house - is that we didn't have a view of the sea, which we would have liked and thought we had reserved... (We had villa 22) and I think you need to get 1 level down to get a sea view.

But what a week - so relaxed :o)))

Room Tip: Villa 22 hasn't got a sea view. Think you need to get down close to the restaurant to have a sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Gitteand

Dera Gitteand

Please excuse my late response

Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed at Karma Samui for our honeymoon, and couldn't have been happier. Private airport transfers were included, and it was only a 10 minute drive from Samui Airport. The private villa was gorgeous, very spacious, with separate buildings, one with kitchen lounge dining, the other with bedroom and bathroom. Airy and spacious, with beautiful furnishings and fittings. They faced into our private courtyard with sunlounges and a massive daybed, and a surprisingly large private pool. There are only several villas that actually open on to the beach, so if that is what you are after, be sure to ask at time of booking. We ate at the resort restaurant, Rockpool, several times, and found the meals to be delicious and well priced. I ate the best massaman curry there while drinking a delicious lychee martini and looking out over the beach and ocean. Heaven! The staff were exceptionally friendly, and I would recommend the private bbq in your villa. I've never felt so spoilt! Karma is a five minute druve from Chaweng beach, so taxis, a scooter or a hire car are a must if you plan to leave the resort. Highly recommend as a place to stay while on Samui. :)

• Stayed: December 2011