Kanda Residences
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsrockpool restaurantbedroom villaprivate poolthree bedroomfull kitchenwellness centrewashing machine and dryerseparate buildinglaundry roomthrough luxury escapeschef lisavilla numberawesome villamain living areacooking classchaweng beachsea view
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Spent 8 nights at Kanda with all the inclusions of Luxury Escape Deal.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service was impeccable.

Check in was simple and the escort to and around our villa was exceptional.

We stayed in a 2 story villa (number 5) which was very well appointed with amazing views. Downstairs was the kitchen, dining, bathroom and lounge areas which were all well appointed. Out to the rear from there was the pool which was refreshing temperature. We had slight sea views from pool.

Upstairs was the Main bedroom & bathroom which was massive in size, along with a great balcony with sweeping sea views. The bedroom and bathrooms were also very well appointed. The villa was a private pool villa but I would like to note that the privacy is not that good. Unfortunately the Villa’s either side can overlook into your private pool and sunbathing area. This was the biggest downfall.

Whilst we were there we had a issue with the air conditioning which was attended to within minutes, again adding to the exceptional service.

Kanda is situated on a cliff which has beach access but the beach is not good for swimming. There are too many rocks. However the location is sensational. The Rockpool Restaurant within Kanda is a fantastic place to spend the evening where once its dark you will see a myriad of local fishing boats out catching squid. Rockpool is one of the better places you will eat on the island. Is subject to another review of mine. You need to take note of the special they continually have throughout your stay. If your lucky to be there for a Sunday Brunch (arvo session) you will be very impressed.

It is a very steep walk back up to the room but I found it was necessary after all the food and beers.

Kanda is only 5 km to Chaweng Beach and they run a shuttle couple times a day. You can get a taxi back for 3 to 400thb, depending on the season. We found that it was better to go over to Fisherman’s Village. If you don’t want the hassle of dealing with taxi drivers, you can use the hotel outside of shuttle times or I recommend using Mr Samui for transport. Mr Samui does tours on the island but also runs transport, which is better than taxi and cheaper.

Overall you will be very impressed with Kanda and I would not hesitate in going back here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
KandaResidences, General Manager at Kanda Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear SMT888,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor. We are most pleased that you enjoyed our resort and restaurant and had a great stay. We hope that you will have many wonderful memories of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were here for 5 nights. We booked through the luxurious escape. It was our first time in Thailand and we did really enjoy it. We upgraded our villa to the 2 level villa and the view from our room was amazing. The only thing is.. if you are frogs phobia like me, the frogs in here are not scared of humans. They jump on my hubby's leg on our 1st night walking out of the villa. The staff helped us to shoo the frogs away thou, which was very nice of them, but the frogs hid inside the rockwall around the villas outside door. The rockpool bar was great, a little pricey but its a resot restaurant. You would expect any restaurants in any resorts would be more expensive than the restaurants outside. The view from rockpool bar is also very beautiful. The gym was really small.. hard to move around especially when there is another guess using it. The same with the massage place, very small and the massage rooms were only covered by curtains. The massage itself was great thou. I really enjoy the complimentary massages. I sprainned my back muscle and the masseur fixed it up with a massage and tigerbalm. They do need more staff in the massage plc especially in the morning. Sometimes the masseur was half way massaging me and she had to stop because another customers came to book a time. Complimentary cooking class was awesome! One of the highlights of our holiday. The staffs were so friendly and always trying their best. If you want to book some tourists activities like watching muaythai fight, the hotel will help you to book the tickets. All you have to do is pay for the tickets and no other extra cost. When you ask for a cab from the hotel, they provide you with their private car with the same rate as taxi off the street (around 300-500 bath).

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
KandaResidences, General Manager at Kanda Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Jessica M,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the villa and the RockPool restaurant. Koh Samui has many frogs , but they are harmless, we are sorry to hear that you were scared of them. We do though hope that you and your husband will have many wonderful memories of your stay withus and we hope to see you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

the villa was very large and well equipped, including our own pool of a reasonable size and very private , a large sun bed and two sun lounges, there was never really a need to leave! the breakfast was good, not an extensive choice but all on offer was great, the staff and this place were the best, they were so attentive and friendly, for the first time we took a cooking class, in our villa kitchen, it was such fun and we got so much food it fed us for 2 days, very yummy

Room Tip: we had a room high up was great view but a bit of walk to restaurant and uphill on return, in end used the buggys
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
KandaResidences, General Manager at Kanda Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Rosemariie F,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are most pleased that you loved the villa and the cooking class and enjoyed your stay with us. I am not sure if you are aware that apart from the Buffet breakfast you can also order from the Ala cart menu for breakfast it is all included in the room rate. We hope you will have many wonderful memories of your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

My husband and I stayed at Kanda Resorts with our baby girl in April 2017.

The place was very spacious. I think it may have included a second bedroom etc in the outbuilding but we just rented the one bedroomed main building.

The facilities in the villa were great - fully equipped kitchen and basic toiletries in the bathroom.
Really nice terrace area with private pool. You are quite close to your neighbours though so prepare to potentially hear the family with 3 kids next door!
Lovely view from the bedroom of the ocean.

The dine-in food was delicious and always delivered to the villa promptly.
Really enjoyed the ambience at Rockpool and the food was delicious.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

We had one small mishap with a babysitter who couldn't speak much English. A lady from the front desk came to translate for me, which seemed good at the time but either my directions weren't translated clearly or the childminder just decided to ignore them, because I returned to find the woman playing with my daughter when she should have been in bed.

Location isn't the best but it was perfect for us; we just wanted a chilled weekend away and only popped into town once (it's horrible there!)

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
KandaResidences, General Manager at Kanda Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Donna_Duckworth,

Thank you for the great review on TripAdvisor, we are most pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Kanda. We do hope that you will have many happy memories of your holiday with us and look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

There is nothing I could fault with Kanda. From the prompt and professional reception staff to the delightful staff of The Rockpool. Not forgetting the superb chefs, (thanks Lisa ),the soothing care from the Wellness centre staff and the prompt housekeeping staff. Nothing was too much trouble and all enquiries were dealt with in super quick time. My partner and I booked a private pool villa and could not have been more delighted. Spacious, private and with excellent amenities, we can't wait to visit again.
I can honestly say they made me feel like I was one of their family.

Room Tip: If you enjoy the benefits of a private pool you cant go past a pool villa.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam L

Dear Pam L,
Thank you for your great feedback on TripAdvisor, we are most pleased that you and your partner enjoyed your time with us and and loved the food. We wish you many happy memories of your stay with us and hope to see you back at Kanda in the not to s
distant future.