“Marvelous”
Review of Aliwagwag Falls

Aliwagwag Falls
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Cateel
Reviewed 14 March 2018

The biggest and the most stunning waterfalls in the Philippines, yes it's Aliwagwag. I came here with my friend and we commuted from Panabo via Comval Route which took us almost 4 hours with a fare of 250 pesos. The Comval Route is the fastest way to get to Aliwagwag but the road at that time was so scary. By scary I meant the condition of the road, it was not all paved and very prone to landslides or something. We reached Aliwagwag before 8:30 AM and so we had to wait for it's opening. There are stores just outside the ecopark if you like eating breakfast or something. We were lucky though because it was Thursday and we had the place all by ourselves. Of course we had a tour guide who took us to the top of the falls and told us things we can still do in Cateel. We tried the Monkey Bridge for 50 pesos and it was one hell of a bridge. If you are that adventurous well you may want to try this. Unfortunately, the zipline was not available because it was under repair. If you are an instagram person, taking pics in Aliwagwag is not a problem. Anywhere is Instagram worthy I promise. What I like about this place was the people. They were so kind and accommodating and so welcoming. You will never have a problem talking to them as they were so attentive and helpful. It made my trip so memorable.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"pesos"
"travel"

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Friends from Davao told me their childhood stories of Aliwagwag falls. How the trees grew that you barely see the sky and swimming through its waters to climb up the rocks were their idea of fun. Their stories are their memories. I wanted to see it. You need to be patient to get there. It's a long drive from the city and there will be rough roads ahead. So gear up (bring food, snacks, download movies, update your spotify playlists) and suit up (swimsuits on and use aqua shoes or trekking sandals). When you get their make sure that you have enough battery life on your phone because if you appreciate the beauty of nature. The trees are not as many as my friends have described after typhoon Pablo hit the province in 2015. There are small communities before you reach the falls. There are also loggers and construction of streets that you will see along the way. The falls is maintained by locals and you need to pay P50 entrance fee. They have a restaurant and a few souvenir stalls in the area. Take a dip in the water. It's cold but relaxing type of cold. The people are friendly they will entertain your questions. All in all my experience was magical and perfect!

Explore our country. It is always more fun in the Philippines.

PS: When you visit a place (any place) please make it a habit to take your trashes home with you. Let's take care of mother nature. ❤

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Aliwagwag Falls and EcoPark is considered to be one of the longest waterfalls in the Philippines. It is good to visit on months when it's rainy because that's when the waters would be raging and the whirring echoes they make, makes for a more exciting experience. For those who swim or stay in a corner, the experience is akin to having an outdoor jacuzzi or a natural hydro massage.
The EcoPark also offers other adventures besides swimming in designated areas and one of those activities I'll never tire of doing is the monkey bridge.
This narrow bridge suspended over the tallest part of the waterfalls allows one to cross the waterfalls from one point to the other end and back. However, I usually pause in the middle and just take all the mist in. It's nature tripping at its best.
The locals manning the area are also very polite, courteous and eager to please.

2  Thank Eva A
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Cateel has fast developed from the devastation due to a typhoon.

Now they developed this attraction the best of its kind. the amenities and facilities are all guaranteed safe and clean and recommendable.

Canteen is within, picnic tables provided, clean and spacious rest rooms, parking is wide, lodging place in available.

If one is coming from Davao City, take the northbound bus like going to the town of Compostela. That is the shortest route. From there the group can hire a van to go Aliwagwag Eco-Park. Bring your own food, ready to pay 50 pesos for the entrance fee. This Eco-Park is still midway to the town center but you can proceed to Cateel proper for sight seeing or prefer to stay for the night. It is facing the Pacific ocean, so you might as well experience the ocean view.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

My friends and 2 of my younger siblings (8 & 10), had the best time here. Aliwagwag is a couple of hours away from my home, and since I was working outside the country, I haven't had the chance to visit it for a decade now. After Typhoon Pablo hit my place, Aliwagwag was one of the place where it hit hard, trees fell down and it looked bare, old, dirty; yet still strong and beautiful. When I saw on news that they restored it and actually add some more for tourists, I knew I had to visit it again on my next vacation, and I definitely did.

The motorcycling, the scenery, the weather (cloudy with a chance of meatballs), made it all perfect. Since we only rented a tricycle, we literally walked from Brgy. Aragon (we came through Cateel) to the falls since our ride can't get us through the bents and curves, ascends and descends of the place. But wow, was it magnificent. It made all the walkings more fun.

So we arrived with our tougues lulling on our mouth (haha) and found out that the actual entrance to thw famous park is CLOSED! The caretaker told us to go on the other side and just get in that way. We did. Well, I did after telling him to tell his boss that the park cannot just close because there's no cashier; and that they spend a lot of money in developing it and that we spend a lot of time walking just to get there and be dissappointed.

Long story short, we still enjoyed ourselves jumping off the lagoons way higher than the prohibited ones . We get to use tables ang get inside without entrance so we really did saved a lot of money haha.

It was still awesome, magnanimous, strong and amazingly beautiful. It rained after an hour so it was a triple treat we had. Man, such a bliss.