Firstly I would like to say we stayed here as it was a last minute decision to go away for the last week of the holidays and it was all Hoseasons had available.
This is how Hoseasons decsribes the holiday park
"Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes and Hadrian’s Wall There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on families. There are good facilities, including a fabulous indoor fun pool and all-weather football. Silloth is a peaceful Victorian seaside resort surrounded by lovely countryside and ideally situated for short breaks and touring"
This could not be further from the truth and feel that Hoseasons have let us down having had some wonderful holidays with them.
On arrival the holiday park looked like an abandoned shed site. The chalets looked horrifying. On entering the chalet the interior was awful, the bathroom had a horrid smell as the floor was green and mouldy. The hot tub had a fence built tightly around it which didn't look particularly enjoyable, pleasant or relaxing!
We decided to go for a look around the site to see if it could make us feel any better and the site just looked depressing, the food was horrible and over priced. The drinks were also expensive.The atmosphere was depressing as everyone looked utterly miserable. We decided to go back to our chalet and we left the site the following morning, however Solway would not give us a full refund and took one nights pay from us, disgusting!
The surrounding area is also dirty and rough. There was a small fair and one pub as the others were boarded up. No where nice to go for a nice meal or an enjoyable day out. Silloth is not a beautiful town as described, it looked more like the chav capital of England.
I could only best describe this as a set from shameless and that is doing shameless a disservice. Please stay away from this place if you want a holiday, however if youre into self punishment then this is the place for you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England Lake District, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes,Gretna Green, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres and only 100m from the sea. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park and Silloth Championship Golf Course . ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton