Duman Hotel
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Mood Beach Hotel(Altinkum)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$35
US$77
  • Pool
Tuntas Suites AltInkum(Altinkum)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$45
TripAdvisor
Temple Hotel(Altinkum)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We were rescused from Appollon Holiday Village by our friend Josh from the JA JA Bar in Altinkum and needed a last minute place to stay for 6 nights. The Duman, despite it's age and need of a makeover, was a relief after the sterile apartment at the Appollon (in the middle of nowhere)! The rooms are tired, the furniture is old, the showers have a mind of their own (be prepared for scalding hot then freezing cold) and the carpets in the room are reminiscent of your first teddy bear.....golden, furry and smudged by the odd bit of dirt!

The negatives.....old furniure, decor and poor plumbing. THE ROOM WAS NOT CLEANED, TOWELS NOT CHANGED OR SHEETS, BINS NOT EMPTIED the whole of our stay, I complained but they did not understand, I had to leave the rubbish in the corridor and miraculously it disapperared. Air con kept cutting out and electrics! Lifts got stuck if you tried to get out and someone on another floor called the lift....I took the stairs after that! Tiny balconies.

The positives ...great location, cheap but not cheerful, lovely swimming pool and sunbathing area and pool bar. Comfy(ish) beds and pillows.

Would not stay again but there are so many things to do and see in Altinkum, you needn't spend much time in the room!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Ally P
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I have never written a review before as I usually accept a bit of give and take, but this was the pits. I have stayed in hotels all around the world, but this was the worst ever.

From the moment of arrival to the moment of leaving, this hotel is a total disaster. Upon
checking in, the receptionist showed little interest and we had to carry our luggage to our room - which was no hassle but he didn't even have the courtesy to show us our room.

The next day, whilst returning from the beach, we were searched before going in so ensure we had no food/drink, even water. The facilities were non-existent as the hotel was shutting for the winter period - something we weren't informed of before leaving the UK. All the tables and chairs were stacked in the foyer, the bar facility inside never opened, the pool table, gym and sauna, as advertised as being available, were in fact unavailable. After seeing the state of our room, we didn't try the breakfast - I don't think anyone did during our stay. The pool was drained halfway down - but there was nowhere to sit as all the tables, chairs and sunloungers were in the foyer (there were only 2 usable sunloungers in the place anyway)

The room had carpet stained (god knows with what), so we walked around the room with footwear on at all times. There was no sheet on the bed, and after repeated attempts to obtain one, we resorted to helping ourselves from the linen store. The same applied to towels and toilet rolls, as all requests for these fell on deaf ears. The mirror in the bathroom was so cracked you couldn't see in it, the taps in the shower actually broke. As the thread had gone on the cold tap, I resorted to using cardboard for a day or two - until this wore off. When I took it to reception, he shrugged and took it off me. This I thought was a prelude to a repair - silly me. I again resorted to a DIY repair, luckily I had a screwdriver and we had to alternate the taps when the temperature was satisfactory. The hair dryer was non-existent for 3 days, despite repeated requests for one.

Whilst waiting for the rep to arrive on the Tuesday night, along with another couple who wanted to complain, we even had to turn away a man who was sent to the hotel, knowing they were closing on the Friday. So he went running off after the courtesy coach, god knows what happened to him either. There was no rep facility at the resort, neither did we have one on our coach or at the airport.

This hotel is a disgrace and should not be used under any circumstances.

Booked with Goldtrail, the flight with Onur air was quite good, considering the price - left and arrived on time both outward and inward.

I also have photos if anyone is interested in them - please go somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Went to Altinkum 1st sep with my 14 yr old daughter . Stayed at The Duman for 1 wk.
Late booking with Goldtrail , read reviews,was dreading it to be honest. Arrived at Duman 5.AM. Looks ok on the outside.check in -no probs.guy seems freindly.The rooms are definatley in need of a makeover tho - trip to ikea! (you will know what i mean when you get the welcome leaflet with Trips on...ikea being one of em ,very strange lol). rooms just on the shabby side,needs up dating but live-able for a wk. The only prob we had was a small hole in bathroom ceiling,water dripping.told the manager, we left day after- not sure what he did. He was pleasent enough if u were with him. Goldtrail Rep no where to be seen all wk,no welcome meeting morning after arrival. If u need help the manager will phone thro to goldtrail office. Cleaner- every 3 days, had to ask for loo roll an towels, she was fine tho- nice enough. Nothing was taken from us as with other reviewers on here. We took all our money with us just to be on safe side.Also the water wasnt a problem,just buy at hotel its cheap 1lira for 1ltr an cold, keeps the manager happy. We didnt eat here so cant comment,but plenty restraunts every where an cheap
(2 people- food an drinks 15 -20 lira) The victoria overlooking sea and The white House-opposite both lovely food and service, even pick u up from hotel.
The location of this hotel was fine,great beach 5min away.Main resort should be 15min but 30min with all the HASSLE. and i mean HASSLE (ladys,go with a man if u can) or get your mobile out and ignore em. Plenty to keep u happy for a wk,Great trips to water park an Bodrum.good value for money.The music might annoy u in bars towards the end of wk. (Akon -no more!) All in all a good break in the glorious sunshine. :-)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2009

THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN !. i dont usually comment on reviews but i had to for this HOTEL FROM HELL.....this hotel is not clean......note: the manager doesn't like british people......yes it is 'inexpensive' but you will actually feel ripped off.... its that bad. If i paid a ' £1 ' i would want my money back. the food provided was at best terrible. a hole in my bedroom wall allowed conversation about how bad it was with other people in their bedroom!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Was177
Reviewed 16 August 2009

having booked a late deal, and then reading the reviews on various sites, me and my partner were very down about going on holiday ! and especially about this hotel, but !!!!! we had a fantastic time, the location was superb with everything within walking distance, the hotel was not the best quality but then we didnt break the bank for it, the pool was great , the sun beds were all cracked but it was fun watching people get mad lol. we didnt have food at the hotel so i cant comment , but the local restaurants were fantastic, (touch of class our fav) the hotel staff were great, especially Mehmet and the night porter, they never stop working , how many of us could work 20 hours, sleep for 3 then do it all again, so respect to them. all in all a fabulous holiday !

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple