“Convenient and its the small touches that make it special!”
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
Reviewed 20 October 2017

At first we thought about booking at the recently revamped New Port Bay, but after lengthy research we decided that as a family of 4, (Children aged 9,14 , youngest is autistic), that being closer to the parks was well worth the extra cost.
We booked a classic family room and decided to go with the Half board option, giving us a breakfast everyday and either a lunch or dinner option.

Check in took a little longer than expected, but then again it was extremely busy. As expected our room was not ready at the time we arrived, 11h30, but we were politely offered a baggage storage and our park tickets so we may enjoy the parks immediately. Explanation of the extras and Hotel layout was well explained and all staff was extremely polite.

The Hotel Foyer is simply massive and once you enter it, the kids and yes, the adults too start enjoying and living the Disney experience. From paintings on the walls to puppets of characters, to the small attention to detail items make the beginning of the experience magical. The hotel is literaly 50m from the nearest Disneyland Park entrance! A major boost for families like us with kids who get tired easily, so its an easy stroll back to hotel whenevr your legs and feet get tired. This is a huge saving in time, as getting onto a shuttle bus, or walking to a hotel that is further away, mentally is draining and fighting your way onto over crowded shuttle buses is not my idea of a magical environment! (By the way , we have stayed at 2 hotels before further away from the parks and had to take shuttle buses. NEVER AGAIN!)

Phillipe at concierge must be mentioned as he was extremely polite but best of all efficient and very helpful in whatever requests we had. Outstanding!

The two restaurants available in the hotel are , Inventions (Buffet Restaurant) and California Grill (Set menu or al la carte). Our first Dinner we enjoyed the California Grill. We had the premium set menu as this is what the half board package gives you. Fair selection of food, but be warned, kids might not enjoy any of the food available. Food more directed at Adults although, there is a kids set menu. My children did not enjoy any of the food , although it was delicious, but then again our kids are fussy.
Second day we enjoyed Breakfast and Lunch at Inventions! Well, I can only say WOW! What a variety of food available! Fantastic staff and characters running around. A very special mention must be made of Laura and Sonia, who were simply amazing with the care and attention the gave us. Outstanding service from these two ladies!

Our Family room was spacious, although probably needing a refurbishment sooner rather than later. Bed was very comfortable and bathroom was lovely with the little Shampoo's and Bath Gels on offer in a little Mickey Mouse bottle. Lovely little touch. Be warned, the chamber maids do not speak English, rather call reception or house keeping if you need anything.

The Hotel pool was also lovely, but the staff here seemed for less enthusiastic than their fellow colleagues at Front office and the Restaurants. Never the less very clean and most enjoyable area. Great for unwinding after a long day.

I could probably be able to keep writing, but in short here is a summary.
Is it worth the extra cost? To us YES. but then everyone is different. We were prepared to pay extra for the convenience of being a stone's throw away from the parks. To be honest, Disneyland Paris as a general rule is expensive. We all come to Disney to let our children and us enjoy the Magic for a little while. There is no price for that. We will definitely come back to this hotel.

Please ask any questions you wish, I will try answer as best I can.

Enjoy the Magic!

Room Tip: Family rooms offer more space and well worth it. Room 3222 was extremely comfortable , West Wing.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank luisrebelo
Team_DisneylandParis, Guest Experience Team - Disneyland® Paris at Disneyland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and feedback!

The location of the Disneyland® Hotel is truly one its best assets! We are more than happy to read that our hotel extended the Disney Magic beyond the Parks!

Your thank yous will be shared to the hotel! It will warm their hearts!

We hope to see you again soon!

Vanessa
Guest Experience Team - Disneyland® Paris

Write a ReviewReviews (5,987)

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We (2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 13) stayed here during August, and this was the second time we had stayed here. For those looking at prices you will know this is not a cheap hotel, and if you are expecting a VIP experience and/or luxury then you will be disappointed. Dont get me wrong, it is a nice hotel, but the decor has not been updated since we last stayed here 10 years ago, and the hotel is a little tired. The staff are friendly, and it is very comfortable....but so is a Premier Inn. You are not paying for luxury or VIP, you are paying for the X factor of being close to the park and the experience of it all. The children enjoyed it, but as an adult knowing what I can expect by paying this sum of money at an equivalent non-disney hotel and I cant help but feel ripped off.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Giles F
Team_DisneylandParis, Guest Experience Team – Disneyland Paris at Disneyland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Giles,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to leave your comment.

I am happy to know that you had a nice family holiday in our hotel and appreciated our friendly and helpful staff.
I am very much of the belief that everyone who comes to our hotel should depart fully satisfied and I regret that you did not on this occasion.
Be assured I will address the shortcomings with my team.

I hope to see you soon!

Alban

Reviewed 15 October 2017

As this was a big birthday for me we decided to stay in the Disney Hotel and had the privilege of staying in the Sleeping Beauty Suite for 2 nights. The rooms were beautiful beyond all my expectations consisting of a 12 seated dining room ( we didn't use ), a baby grand piano ( I did have a plink plink on) all set in the opulent sitting room complete with a hand painted good fairies mural in the arched ceiling, both rooms also with first edition prints and antiques. There is a fully equipped kitchen with white linen tablecloths and napkins plus a canteen of cutlery and a rather smart crockery set, I believe these are used for guests who may have staff who cook for them ( we definitely didn't ). Then on to the four poster bed and dressing room with Jacuzzi bath and multiple shower, there is also another separate toilet/washroom to the one in the bathroom, bearing in mind that this is a suite for two people only. The icing on the proverbial cake, was watching the fireworks at the end of the evening from our balcony drinking ( complimentary champagne ) with my darling husband and son and future daughter in law who surprised and equally shocked me by turning up for my birthday, a massive thank you to all the staff and concierges who allowed them to have VIP fast passes also. Amazing Service. As you will gather this is not your archetypical Castle Room as I can't even begin to list all the complimentary extras (oodles), but if its a special event and you want the best this is the crème de la crème of suites. THANKYOU DISNEY you made my birthday incredible .

Room Tip: The views from all sides of the balcony are amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Team_DisneylandParis, Guest Experience Team – Disneyland® Paris at Disneyland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Marina,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am thrilled to hear you had such a lovely stay with us. It is wonderful to receive warm and positive feedback and I will be sure to share it with the rest of the team.
we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Ottavio

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I booked one night at the hotel just for my daughter spend her birthday 100% around the Disney characters. On our arrival we had diner reservations at “Inventions” + BDay Cake. We finished dining and no cake! I had to asked more then once what blowout the surprise, and made us very mad.

At the concierge they said that at breakfast we would have the cake. When we arrive “Inventions” was closed (the one I had reservations) so they send us to the one at the side. It’s very important to mention that the lady was yelling at us saying that the buffet was the same, as I had to now, when I mentioned the BDay cake the yelling lady went nuts!

Here we was at the fist hours of my daughter Birthday and she was already crying.

How can any one working at Disney be so rude?

If the concierge made a mistake promising something they didn’t had, why not explain only to the parents carefully and suggest a waffle mickey cake? Or a pancake? Anything with the Mickey face would made my daughter happy.

We left with no breakfast. My husband went to the manager and he only could help us not charging the dinner and giving 2 more fast passes - No Cake!

Checkout done and we went to the Disneyland park (forgot to mention that the BDay Pin also wasn’t possible- yes, I ask more then 10 times) we went to the waiting (30 mim + other yelling lady) line of the Plaza Gardens with no characters but at least a BDay Cake at the end.

Did all of that because she felt Disney didn’t care. At the end she was happy!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Manuella P
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I love this hotel. I have stayed a number of times and I always find something new to admire on my return. Yes, some rooms are probably a little bit tired, but it is always clean and has an undeniable charm. I especially love it around Christmas with all the beautiful decorations. Staff are always very pleasant and early access to the park is a bonus.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelbugRP

Dear guest,
Thank you for your lovely comment and your fidelity.

I am glad that you liked our hotel and our helpful and friendly staff.

I am looking forward to see you again.

Alban
Guest Experience Team – Disneyland® Paris

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
0.9 km away
0.6 km away
Disney's Hotel New York
1.4 km away
Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!