7,226 results
All reviews castle club inventions restaurant california grill disney characters cafe fantasia private lift park entrance worth every penny my daughter premium half board magical experience fast pass turn down service family room main street peter pan christmas decorations
Reviewed 9 February 2018

So where to begin. This hotel looks like the rooms have not seen a decorator since the 90s. Black mouldy mastic around the bath, rusty stains on the tiles and flaky paint around the frames is just the tip of the iceberg. The Hotel itself from the outside looks lovely all be it not very Disney looking though. You really have to look closely to spot anything Disney in the rooms. The characters on the wallpaper are so faded they are hardly recognisable. Not what I expected from Disney’s flag ship hotel. We Upgraded to premium full board which cost 200 Euros. What a disaster, we were unable to book any of the premium restaurants, we were told they were fully booked this was on check in. Staying for 4 days again I expected to be able to book a premium restaurant. After waiting and getting a couple of cancellations I honestly wish we hadn’t bothered. The so called best you can get California grill food was cold Luke warm at best. The 36 hour slow cooked hamburger at WALTS was like a microwave mush burger. Both of these options were around 70 Euros each person in fact the best we meal we ate was fish and chips from the lucky nugget at 43 euros for the 2 of us. The receptionist advised me this is a massive problem he hears 20 times a day. Not enough seats in premium restaurants for the amount of premium packages sold. I have a voucher left over because we were unable to use it. The hotel buffet was like a bad wedding on a budget buffet. Not worth 10 Euros a head let alone 60. Leaving here I’m absolutely devastated. Over 2000 euros for 4 days. some of the most expensive and worse food I’ve ever eaten. Honestly book one of the other Disney hotels like the New York or New Port Bay. Much better value for money and more of a Disney feel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Disneyland Paris ®
5  Thank Companion477919
Team_DisneylandParis, Guest Experience Team at Disneyland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for leaving a review about your stay in Disneyland Hotel.

Customer satisfaction is taken very seriously, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention to investigate further. It is always disappointing to hear if a guest leaves dissatisfied for any reason and we would like you to know we have contacted the Hotel Manager to let them know about your experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. While we understand your disappointment, we sure hope we will get another chance to see you again in Disneyland Paris.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I absolutely love this hotel and if I could afford to stay here every time I would! A lot of people do moan that it's dated, but for me I think there's something quaint and charming about it. I think if it was modern it would throw the atmosphere off for me. But that's all personal preference I guess. The service is above and beyond (which to be fair I'd expect for the cost) but nothing is too much trouble. We went for the first time for just one night. We were staying off site and just booked one night in there and went back for 4 nights for my birthday. We had real problems with some excursions that we had booked in Paris where we were going after Disney and they helped us sort it all out which they really didn't have to do considering they book tours themselves and we hadn't used them. I had a birthday badge and every time we walked past somewhere with a phone like the bar or reception they called me over to say I had a phone call and it was Mickey Mouse on the other end of the phone wishing me a happy birthday.

We were fortunate enough to eat in California Grill on our dining plan while the renovations were on so we got moved upstairs to the Castle Club restaurant so we had a table overlooking the castle and the fireworks. The meal was fantastic and the service again was great. Dinner in Inventions was perfect so if you get the chance make sure you do that (especially if you can get a table for while the fireworks are on, we got to watch that from our table) - the food was good - there was an excellent selection and character interaction was great too.

The first time we had a standard room, but the second time we upgraded to a terrace room. The terrace room was lovely for a bit of outside space and I must admit, we were at the corner of the hotel so we only had one neighbour. It felt a lot more secluded and less "hemmed in." We felt it was much more spacious but that's probably due to the outside space, I don't think the room was miles bigger. Disney is such a crowded place it's nice to have your own bit of space if you want it but it's not make or break for us, if it's not too much more we'll go for it, if not the other rooms are perfectly fine.

Being that close to the park, especially when it's cold is an absolute god send. One morning we used about 45 minutes of early magic hours and then went back for breakfast but this was a big mistake. When we came back out the lines to get in were enormous and the thing most common in the rest of Europe - no queues. Everyone was just pushing forwards in a huge crown to try and get in. This is obviously not the hotel's fault but I just thought I'd add it in to my review just to give you an idea of timings and what to expect depending on what time you go in.

As a couple it also felt a little bit more luxurious and peaceful to stay there. There were children of course, but we didn't feel over run as such. The only thing I would say is that if you fancy a drink in the evening, if you go in to the piano bar it's a lot more peaceful than sitting out in the atrium bit as you do get a lot of children running about outside inventions - it didn't bother us too much it's Disney so you will obviously get children but it was nice to be able to get a little bit separated from it.

We loved being able to use the pool and just take some time out to relax, especially when the weather wasn't great. The only down side for me was that the spa was separate for men and women, so I couldn't just go and sit in the sauna with my husband, we both had to go separately but that isn't the worst issue in the world, it was just a small negative for me. The smell of the hotel like people rightly say is amazing, breakfast was nice, the turn down service is a lovely extra and we felt a lot less rushed staying in here, even compared to other on site hotels and we just loved everything about it.

Room Tip: If you can get the corner room with terrace it feels much bigger and less hemmed in
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Becki A
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Amazing location made our holiday even more special than when we’ve been to Disneyland Paris before, food and drink is expensive but that was to be expected. I love it here and can’t wait to go back! It is worth the extra money to stay here for the convenicene of being footsteps away from the park. Truly magical.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Disneyland Paris ®
2  Thank Sally C
Team_DisneylandParis, Guest Experience Team at Disneyland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Sally,
We are so happy to see you left a 5 star review about your magical stay in Disneyland Hotel.

The location is indeed one of the best things of this hotel, you are right at the entrance of the Disneyland Park and only a 3 minute walk of the Walt Disney Studios.

We sure hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon in Disneyland Paris.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Wow... What a holiday we had.
We spent a few days in Paris first of all. We done all the tourist bits there. We then drove over to Disneyland to come and spend 4 nights here.
What an experience of a lifetime!
From the concierge that met us out the front of the hotel to help take our bags all the way up to the cleaners everyone was friendly polite and courteous. Most of them were bilingual and often the cast members (what they call staff) would have badges on their name tag to show the different Languages they speak.
Everyone said hello and good day to you as they walked past and you could tell it was because they wanted to. Not that they had to. The hotel was clean and tidy and gave us a larger room than expected.
We had a premium meal pass which for us meant a lot of money saved and a lot of food gained. It gave us great flexibility where we ate and we got a lot for it as well. I would definitely recommend it.
The first night we ate in the California grill in the hotel which was more like fine dining with some amazing food and had a great view over the entrance to the park.
The second night we ate in the steakhouse in the disney village. With our premium meal pass we had a choice of a lot of the menu and had a lovely meal. I would say it's almost like a TGI Friday/Frankie and Bennie's themed restaurant however the food was of a much higher caliber it was great.
The third night we ate in inventions in the hotel. Now this is a buffet which has a huge selection. But the magic in eating in here is that you get to meet all your favourite main Disney characters. We had Donald and Daisy, Micky and Minnie, Goofy and Pluto and Captain Hook come round to see us. They all wanted to have a laugh and giggle and were always willing to take pictures and make amazing memories.
Having the hotel soo close to the main park gave us soo many opportunities to pop back to the room and relax then head back into the parks. This helped a lot as we didn't have the best of weather whilst we stayed but soo much of the park stayed open during it. However if it drops below zero they won't do meet and greets in the park however being the main flagship hotel you often got to meet the stars in the hotel anyway!
I last went to Orlando Disney around 20 years ago and I feel this trip has been more special for me as I can do everything in the park now. It was our first anniversary and honeymoon as we couldn't afford a honeymoon straight after the wedding we saved our money up and done it combined. We had the best time ever and it will be an experience we will never forget. It was amazing! If you are thinking about it stop wasting time and just go! You will love it!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Team_DisneylandParis, Guest Experience Team at Disneyland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear Guest,
Your amazing review gave us goosebumps. We are so excited to read you had such an amazing time in the Disneyland Hotel.

The location is indeed one of the best benefits while staying in this hotel. You are right at the doorstep of the Disneyland Park. Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff, the restaurants and the room. Thank you again for the fantastic review and your feedback which we can assure you has given all of us here a great lift.

We look forward to creating more wonderful memories for you the next time you decide to visit Disneyland Paris.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Stayed with the family in the Disneyland Hotel with high expectations. Check in was very chaotic and long wait. I was given VIP status which they forgot at check-in. Asking about it and showing the proof it became a whole discussion which ended with finally getting the VIP status. Rooms are spacious, however clearly not of a 5***** standard.

Breakfast was chaotic, but quality of the food was excellent. Same for the evenings where we had diner in both restaurants. Great food, very high quality and the buffet with the characters was great for the kids.

Although the location and surroundings are great, the hotel could be of a better standard. Although kids where happy, I could not stop feeling cheated.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Paul,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your experience in the Disneyland Hotel.

We are happy to see you liked the food in the restaurant and that you had a great experience with the characters meals.

We are sorry to hear your comments about the hotel and the room. Please be assured we will address your concerns with the appropriate members of our team moving forward.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back on future travels.