“Nice Resort, but......”

Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I spent about 5 nights at Crowne Plaza Panwa Beach in June. I need to take this opportunity to deliver my appreciation to the front desk staff Nong, she did an outstanding job. I was driving from airport to the resort, which I have never been to Phuket in before. I followed direction on the map, but unfortunately I was driving into Phuket town, where was difficult for me to get back onto the main road by myself. And then I started to call to reception, Nong was the one pick up the call. I was a bit angry with the road, but Nong was so polite and patient listen to me and lead me out of town and get back onto main road. I have at least called her 6 times before I get a right way to resort. She is the star!! Thank you Nong!!!!!

First impression the resort gave to me and my family was WOW!!! My family was immediately leave me along to check in and cannot wait to run to enjoy the outstanding sea view from lobby lounge. A very good check in experiences and warm welcomed by Nong and welcome drinks.
The rooms are new and I can feel the owner spent quite lots of money on choosing items. The bed is really comfortable and I slept so well in those days.
I had some problems with telephone functions, A/C functions, toliet roll has not been replaced, no shower gel but all replace by shampoo and so on. But I feel it is understable as this resort just opened less than 2 months. I am sure they will do it better in near furture as long as they always focus on services details.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shenyu H
DenisMartin_HKT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2015

Dear Shenyu H,

Thank you for taking the time reviewing your stay in our property.

We are glad to read that you have had a wonderful time and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon again.

The Management

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Just spent a week at the Crown Plaza Panwa Beach recently and your first impression is Wow! Arrived late at night and when I opened the curtain in the morning the view was spectacular. The highlight of our visit was my husband and Rosario the Executive Chef organised the first romantic dinner on the beach as a surprise for me - six courses with complimentary wines for each course on the last night of our stay. The wine, the food, the location it was fabulous. All the staff were so hospitable and friendly. The only thing I would suggest is a shuttle bus for guests. To get around we paid for use of the resort car or private taxi. Will definitely be back for another stay hopeful next time with all our family and grandchildren. Thanks Antje and all the staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Seaview Room on 4th floor looking down at the pool and the beautiful Markham Bay. The...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GroovyGranny1949
DenisMartin_HKT, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear GroovyGra...

Thank you very much for your valuable comments

The Management

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Found this hotel accidently. Didn't read any reviews before.
We came there after couple of dynamic days in Babgkok. It's a pity the hotel is a bit far from Phuket airport, but the road is good, though if you want to visit the town during your stay, be ready to pay some extra money for an authorised car service of the resort, or try to negotiate with taxi drivers just at the opposite side of the street :)
From the 1st steps in the lobby we were just amazed - truly stunnign view of Andaman sea, really warm welcome from staff with welcome drinks.
Hotel was so tiny - I guess occupancy was really low... Then I knew that it has been opened just 20 days ago! I was really surprised!
We got a very nice room with the view of the terrace & pool & beach at the same time. Undoubtedly - everything is new! It's such a pleasure to use all the facilities! The room itself wasn't small, big enough to fit 2 almost king size beds & sort of working area with the desk & sofa. Also - the balcony is sooo nice!
Hotel's beach is good - long enough & clean, but unfortunately we came in a low season, so the sea was about 100 meters away in the evening, but in the morning it was OK. Anyway we preferred to swim in a pool. There are 2 pools - interesting enough that the water in 1 of them in salty, but in the another - not. There were no problems with sunbeds, cuz as I said before - hotel was half-empty.
As for outlets - nice lobby bar with selection of cocktails, really good all-day dining restaurant Mosaic, great Italian restaurant.
Gym seems to be good as well, but we didn’t have any chance to use it – our stay was too short & we were too lazy to do any exercises 
Well, long story short – this is an excellent hotel! If I would ever come back to Phuket, I’ll stay there again. Thanks to all hotel’s staff, BTW 
I know that till September they have special promotions for their rates, so hurry up & visit it. I believe you’ll like it.

Room Tip: Better to book airport pick uo from the hotel, it takes pretty much time to explain to which hotel y...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank smolyany

Dear Smolyany

Thank you for staying with us in our new resort, and you've found our hotel shiny, new and looking the part.

We've just commenced shuttle bus transfers twice daily to Phuket Town and Central Festival at a nominal rate of THB 150 to give people the freedom to come and go as they please.

We've enough sunbeds for everyone!

You're correct in mentioning we have special rates. Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts have announced a region wide sale of up to 30% off, including breakfast and free wi-fi (we already comp wi-fi) so now is the time to jump on our website and book.

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you next time.

Best wishes

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed here in early June with my wife and our six month old baby. As many have said on here. It has only recently opened so there are still a few minor teething issues such as F&B mistakes. However, this is more than rectified by the attitude of the staff. All of the staff seemed very proud to work for the resort and went the extra mile to ensure we had a great stay. This ranged from the restaurant staff who often babysat for us informally through to the management personnel who went out of their way to ensure we had a car seat for our baby. The management team are readily available and visible and constantly check with guests to see if anything extra can be done to make the stay more pleasurable.
The rooms are great. We were upgraded to a pool suite and it was absolutely lovely. Spacious, stylish and with almost all the pool suites being empty we felt completely in peace and relaxed. Woudl definitely return here in future!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank waribai

Dear (Mr.) Boggler,

Great to see you've made it home safe. We remember you and your young family well and it was a delight to have you stay with us.

Our chef, Khun Aoy, was asking for you after you left. She wanted another hold of your baby!

Hope to see you when you next choose a vacation. Until then, our best wishes and to your success.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I visited the resort within 5 days of opening. The resort grounds are a comfortable size, with it proving very easy to get around from the restaurants to the beach to the pool bar.

The hotel was very empty due to being open only a few days. However, service was absolutely superb, in spite of most staff being new to their roles. I was escorted to the room for in-room checkin, and bags were delivered very quickly. At the bar service was instantaneous, and they were very good at timing when to approach me for a glass refill. At breakfast time, coffee was frequently replenished and 3 checks were made by the server to check I was happy with the food.

Rooms

I stayed in a loft swim up suite. It was a two floor suite that was incredibly spacious. Whilst it was well designed the only critisism would be that with its size, there was too little in the way of decoration - This made the room feel a little bare (But this is a MINOR critisism). The ground floor contains the living areas (With 40 inch flat screen TV - Decent range of channels from around the world). There is a separate dining area with dining table + 6 chairs, Tassimo style coffee maker (But no milk!) and a WC. All furniture was of very good quality; very solid and robust.

Upstairs was the main bedroom with a king size, very comfy bed, another flatscreen TV (Approx 32 inches), and a work desk. There is also a walk-in wardrobe with huge amounts of space (More than enough for a family for over two weeks). The bathroom connects to the main bedroom and is huge! It contains a spacious walk in shower as well as a separate Jacuzzi bath (Which size wise may be better described as a hot tub!). Should you so wish the whole family will comfortably fit in there, The only drawback is it takes about 30 mins to fill as it is so big, and also the water pressure is a little on the light side.

Patio Area

The patio is small, but does contain a double bed size lounger (Which takes up most of the available space!). A set of steps leads into a swimming channel, which in turn leads onto the pool and bar.

Beach Area

The beach area is tidy, although in places a narrow strip of sand. However it is very pretty with a number of palm trees to shield you when you've had enough of the sun.

I only ate breakfast at the hotel. The continental selection was buffet style, with hot food being made to order. As breakfast selections go it was good, with all food being fresh and juices being pressed from fruit, not out of a carton.

Overall

Whilst I can't make a comment on the overall atmosphere of the hotel due to too few guests, it is a well designed hotel, with service focussed staff how really wish to please. If you are looking for a quiet Phuket break it is in a great location. Getting to Patong is possible, but it can take up to an hour as you will be having to get from the east side of the island to the west. However I found it to be a welcome break and would thoroughly recommend it to those looking for a family or romantic break away from the tourist hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank willbad79

Dear Willbad79,

Milk for the complimentary coffee machine in those Andaman Pool Loft Suites - absolutely we should have fresh milk in the fridge - Consider it done.

We've increased the water pressure so you can take advantage of those baths quicker.

Thank you for your feedback. We really value all of our intrepid travellers who have decided to give us a go so soon after opening. We've seen some forums before we opened with advice like "give it a few months to shake out the faults", but our staff have risen to the occassion.

We hope we've paid back you decision to stay with us in dividends.

Best wishes

Cape Panwa Hotel
#3 of 13 in Cape Panwa
3.3 km away
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach? Share your experiences!