Bandara Villas Phuket(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$224
By The Sea(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$39
Kantary Bay, Phuket(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$48
Amatara Wellness Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$143
The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$43
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$100
Agoda.com
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$312
Cape Panwa Hotel(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
US$190
Cloud19 Panwa(Cape Panwa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeachfront resortmosaic restaurantsam's kitchenloft suitelobby loungelow tidesea viewphuket panwa beachcheck in processbeautiful hotelprivate beachearly checkchinese touristswelcome drinkfront officekids poolkids club
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Bad location far from anywhere! Very bad service really is not suitable to Thailand! Very expensive prices so much more expensive from Europe or the U.S. but hello we are in Thailand! Beautiful beach for swimming but not for low water so that you can not swim. Check-in late evening and clean the room very late and only after that call acceptance!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank AVIV a
gagudju, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear Aviv A,

Sorry to read your review. I'm having trouble reading your complaint about our service or what you have found expensive......we just may need to find a translator to assist. Perhaps you can get in touch with us, and we can find a way to put things right?

With best wishes
Iain

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Lovely resort hotel but lacks in areas.

My wife and I have just returned from 6 days in Phuket, 6 days of which we spent in a beachfront hotel at the Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach Resort.

Having been regular travellers to South East Asia, we had done a fair amount of research as to where to stay, somewhere peaceful and quiet, away from the crowds.

Arrival:

We had arranged for a private transfer from the Airport and was greeted by a friendly driver (holding up one of those signs at the airport after the baggage claim). Everything was pretty easy and coordinated, so had an easy 40 minute drive to the resort. On arrival, check in was a tad slow but fairly easy, the usual cold drink was offered and quite refreshing.

The lobby is impressive - with huge ceilings, and a view that expands out to the main swimming pool and the ocean beyond. The atmosphere was very relaxed, summery, and modern. (New resort)

The Rooms

Great - very spacious, and the view looks out towards the main pool and the ocean. The big double sliding doors can open up so you can sit on the enclosed balcony. The two queen beds were enormous and oh so comfortable, the bathroom was equally as impressive with a huge shower. All the amenities were there as you would expect.

The Pools

Everything about this resort is water! There is an enormous main pool and a just as big secondary pool with various sections. Surrounding the pool are the obligatory palm trees and the deck chairs. Further down near the beach side restaurant is the infinity pool and the resorts own private beach and sunbaking area / deck chairs etc. Best of both worlds really with the ocean beyond and the all important cocktail service!

Food & Drink

The dining options are great at the Crowne Plaza because you have a choice of Italian, Thai or other traditional western style food . The main restaurant serves the buffet breakfasts in the morning, this however is where the hotel lacks in service, make sure you are seated either early in the morning or attend after 9.30am as the place is struggling to cope, not enough staff were on hand to cater for the rush. The Egg Station where they make you anything you want was particularly lacking, one morning they had only one young lady cooking who clearly lacked any real experience, not totally her fault but she could do with some extra tuition in the art of cooking eggs. Also, if you like bacon with your eggs, you have to ask for it as it always seemed to be hidden away under the cook top for some reason.

The menu items for lunch / dinner etc contained a mix of Western and Thai food.

Being a little far from all the normal goings on in Phuket, there is nothing in the way of bars or restaurants around the Resort, we did however find a gem of a restaurant approx 10 minutes away at the tip of Cape Panwa, the Laem Panwa Restaurant, choose your own fresh fish and prawns as you walk in, so cheap to dine here, $60 - $70 for 4 with drinks. Get a cab from the stand outside.

Fitness & Activities

The gym is great and managed to get some exercise in, also has Kayaks for a paddle around the bay. Definitely recommend.

Conclusion

Great new resort that is perfect for lazing about by the pool or beach, I'd go back here again but please fix up the breakfast shemozle.Less crowds, better value, and the rooms are great.

Room Tip: A room on the ground floor near the secondary pool was great, step from your room to the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank copperiw
gagudju, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Copperiw,

Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Phuket overall. I'm glad to hear you loved the aspect, design and outlay of our resort.

I've shared your comments in relation to your breakfast experience with our staff and fellow management. I understand this has been mentioned a few times by our valued guests either direct to us or via other forums.

In response, we're undergoing a deep round of "sequence of service" training for all our front line staff in the next few weeks. We're giving it our top priority. It is very important we give our staff the tools and knowledge to convert their obvious enthusiasm into amazing service. I have every confidence they can.

On your return I'd recommend a few more bars in the area. Ao Yon beach, just 3 km's south from us, has a few good bars on the beach and Phuket Town arguably has the best restaurants in Phuket. I personally recommend Suay, Raya and Dibuk restaurant.

Thank you for your feedback, and I hope to see you on your next sojourn to South East Asia,

Best wishes
Iain

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Checked-in, at the beginning of August, with the family for a two week holiday to chill-out and relax. Booked the Crowne Plaza Panwa Beach Resort, as a 'Platinum' Priority Club member, expecting the usual high standard of service. Unfortunately the hotel have some work to do to achieve the same level of service found, and experienced, in the Crowne Plaza hotels worldwide. However, the hotel is new and still undertaking early start-up issues which I believe will be resolved in due course.

The resort location is quite beautiful with a private beach and two pool areas perfect for the kids, two lovely restaurants with good quality food which the kids are eating, so thankful of that. Kids club is excellent and offers a good program of activities for the kids to enjoy some time out of the sun. The beach area is clean and offers the worried parent some rest bite as the water is shallow for at least 500 yards with little waves, great for paddling. Low tide offers a chance to hunt for crabs in the sandy flats and rock pools, kids loved it. Tour excursions on offer at the resort centre or at a small tour operator along the beach, www.phuketmbtour.com (Mrs Sunny), which we found to be very helpful and met all our needs. Whilst the resort is slightly out of the way, a short taxi ride gets you anywhere you need to go. A couple of restaurants nearby offers a change of scenery with the food being of very good quality. The resounding positive for the resort is that the staff have been just excellent and will do everything to help, very friendly and accommodating. Any immediate shortcomings were addressed directly with the staff and corrected poste haste.

Overall the resort and holiday has been wonderful and ticked all the boxes for what we, as a family, we're looking for. Some chill-out time for a busy dad, sun worshiping for mum and lots of pool splashing and play for the kids, quality time as a family, just perfect.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
DenisMartin_HKT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2015

Dear Craigieloon,

thank you for your review.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I have just arrived at the crowne plaza Phuket and already I want to leave. On the website I booked a room with two queen size beds the room I was given was a twin room. I complained and they told me that it was a bedroom with 2 queen beds. They offered to move me to a king with an extra bed and they would not charge me extra. Wow so kind. The room was full of mosquitos perfect for a young family. We are 2 adults and 2 children. We thought it would be perfect. It isn't and to me the website completely misrepresents the real picture. Of course I have paid in advance so I have to stay in this hell hole. I thought we would eat at the restaurant we ordered our food and we were waiting for our main course very patiently when after 20 minutes the same waitress asked if we wanted our dessert yet. Can we have our main course first. When it came it was wrong. With 2 kids we then asked for some ice cream for the kids. 20 minutes later we had to ask again. I could not describe how awful the hotel is. I feel they have conned us with the promise of one thing when if I had known the reality of the rooms i would have booked elsewhere. Only a week to go.

• Stayed: August 2012
9  Thank Biglexy

Dear Biuglexi,

Thank you for your review and comments

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Environment is beautiful. We stayed for 5 nights. Rooms were spacious, comfy beds. Enjoyed the sunrise every morning from our balcony. My kids (2yo and 5 yo) loved the beach ... both when it is high tide and low tide. Calm waters when its high tide. You can loan kayaks and lifejackets from the station to paddle around the bay (FOC). Low tide - their playground (looking for assortment of crabs and creatures) relatively safe for kids to walk around without shoes (no sharp rocks or corals). Overall place is clean. My kids were walking around without their shoes. Breakfast buffet has good selection of international dishes (I personally love the juice bar and the egg station, my husband - the coffee). Staff can be better trained to provide plastic cutlery to young kids without having to ask. ordered room service once, food came promptly. Houskeeping was generous with toiletries and towels. Better if hotel provided printed hotel guide instead of listing stuff on the TV (if you dont turn it on.. you dont know what's going on). Managed to find rooms service menu and nothing else.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SSien

Dear SSien,

thank you very much for your comments and review.