“CROWNE PLAZA SHOWS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Well what else can I say. As the Destination Expert for Cape Panwa I just had to stay in the areas newest resort hotel which opened its doors in May. It is not often that a hotel blows me away and this is the closest to paradise that you will get. Check in was welcoming with a cold towel and welcoming drink in the very comfortable lobby lounge with awesome views of Panwa bay and beach. My room for the next few days was an Andaman Pool Loft Suite. These rooms are duplex with a beautiful lounge and dining area leading to your outside terrace with your own access into a pool and day bed .You can relax and enjoy the amazing view that beholds you of Panwa Bay beach. Upstairs is an even bigger wow factor your bedroom with the view. Now bathrooms are normally just bathrooms here it is as much thought out as the rest of the hotel stunning with the largest jacuzzi I have ever had and a dressing room. The rooms in this hotel also had tea and coffee facilities , fridge ,TV, dvd, and Ipod docking station and many more extras for ultimate comfort.You also have complimentary wifi internet access. Also check out the Andaman Terrace Roms with huge balcony panoramic sea views with your own artificial grass lawned area complete with sunloungers on a high floor. You can also soak in the tub while gazing at views of the andaman sea just amazing. So many room types and all are beautiful in design even down to the Panwa rooms. Dining Mosaic Restaurant which is thai and also themed nights for buffet and breakfast in the mornings. Huge choice and it is superb. Patio Alfresco Italian what a beautiful setting right by the sea I spent many hours here just chilling and the food again superb. Make sure you also visit Biscuit the bakery cafe which is outside from the lobby area for wonderful cakes, pastries and savouries baked on the premises. For a new hotel the grounds are expansive taking up the whole bay beautiful and well established and the pool areas have plenty of sunloungers . You have a choice of pools both by the sea and children are catered for with a childrens section and also play room.The Andaman Pool Loft Suites also have a pool section which is moat style and runs the length of the thirteen suites. You also have Splash Restaurant and bar offering drinks and light bites in the day turning into a beach BBQ in the evening. There is also a fitness centre and you can use kayaks from the hotel beach.It has the Thann Spa fpr massages and treatments which I did not try but next time.
Local area the hotel is only 5 minutes from Panwa village where you will find a good selection of restaurants also nearby Ship Inn and the Beach bar at Ao Yon. Phuket Town is around 15 minutes where you will find the weekend night market central festival and Robinson's. Also in Phuket town highly reommended is the Natural Restaurant built into a tree on different floors and Suay Restaurant.
Coming soon to the area in the next few weeks will be the new water sports centre with Sail In Asia which will have wayfarer dinghy sailing,Rib fast power boat for island hopping,Offshore yacht for day cruising,day sports fishing on a luxury power cruiser,diving,dragon boating, and a traditional balinese out rigger for sailing which will be very popular and photogenic.
This is now my favourite hotel to stay when in the area and I have stayed in them all. My stay was relaxing and had everything I needed from a hotel and room in a wonderful setting. The Crowne Plaza has style panoramic views and something for everyone. I also have to complement the wonderful staff of which you can see all are happy to work here and are always smiling and helpful. My stay was for two nights but too short for this beautiful hotel so I extended my stay to enjoy further. My only regret was to leave.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent .
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenson
DenisMartin_HKT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2015

Dear Jenson,

Thank you very much for your comments and review.

The Management

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We are staying here at the moment&will be very sad to leave on 31st October. we booked 5 days initially to see what hotel was like, we had no hesitation in booking a further 7 as it was so good. not many hotels have an entire bay to themselves (nobody trying to sell you things etc) with hotel directly on the beach. Views are stunning with the sea everywhere you look. Excellent panoramic views to die for.
Everything is new&clean as recently opened.
Staff are so friendly&helpful - everything is done with a smile &nothing is too much. Guest Relations Manager Mr. Bern is excellent as are all the staff including Ton &the staff of Patio Italian Restaurant where you dine a few feet from the sea. Do try the Wine&Dine on a Sunday night. Food is superb with excellent wines to compliment the menu. Do also try the Thai set menu in Mosaic Restaurant-excellent chef there too.
We hired a car as taxis are not cheap. Hotel also provides a shuttle service which is cheaper than taxis if you are too scared to drive.
There are lots of activities including free kayaking but we were just happy to soak up the views.
Would we come back-you be! After looking at other hotels in Phuket, this is a gem of a place. Would be very surprised if they'd any vacancies next year once word gets out.
G Johnson

• Stayed: October 2012
10  Thank Geonor1
gagudju, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear Mr and Mrs Johnson,

It was a pleasure to have you at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach Resort and we'd like to thank you for your custom.

You're right about having the bay to ourselves. It's a little known fact that only less than 7% of resorts in Phuket are absolute beachfront, so we are lucky in that respect.

Look forward to seeing you return. Please email us if we can be of assistance anytime in the interim.

Best wishes

Reviewed 27 October 2012

It was a marvellous sight upon stepping in. Instead of the usual check-in desk, you are greeted by the extensive lobby lounge and Panwa beach. I was whisked off to the lobby lounge, served with lemongrass drink and towel and all the documents were brought to me instead of me hanging around at the check-in desk (which was actually next to the entrance).

The next 2 nights were what I have expected for - chill-out, relaxing and rejuvenating, especially with Thann Spa. Unfortunately, the hotel didn't have SleepAdvantage which was a key feature of Crowne Plaza. They did a swift service recovery by bringing me aromatherapy burner but not with Lavender scent though. All in all, if I'm going to Phuket again, I will book my stay with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Dear Ineztai,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach Resort. We're delighted you had a great stay and you found the healing hands of our spa therapists.

SleepAdvantage is a Crowne Plaza hallmark that will be rolled out in Asia next year, however we hope you've enjoyed our luxury bedding in the meantime.

Take care in Singapore and we hope to see you again. If you do decide to see us again, be sure to book direct for our best price guarantee.

Yours,

Reviewed 25 October 2012

The resort is fantastic! The staff were just so friendly and made us feel so welcome! We stayed in the Andaman Loft pool suite which was oh so pretty! The living room was beautifully done up with an amazing view of the the beach and the pool was superb! I dont have words to describe the view from the bedroom upstairs!! If I had to find a fault with this place - it would have to be the lack of vegetarian food options for lunch/dinner - there's practically none - you'll just have to survive on Pizza's(which was delicious btw!) and fruits. Another slight disadvantage is that this place is so cut off from Phuket - you need to travel a minimum of 45 mins to go the city, which you have to, because there's nothing much to do in the resort except chill! So if you're looking to relax and unwind and do nothing else, this is the place to be!

On the whole a really great experience! Would love to go there again and soon :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Gayathri R

Dear Gayathri_Deepak,

You're the second reviewer that's commented on a lack of vegetarian options, so we'll have to take care of that - I assure you we will.

For a few weeks now, we've commenced an evening entertainment schedule on top of our activities that we do during the day. Last night, for example, we had bonfires on the beach with a DJ and BBQ for all our guests which was a lot of fun, and we'll be doing it again soon.

Thank you for bringing your family to stay with us and please return again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed in this wonderful resort with my family last week, and from the minute we walk in, we felt like VIP guests: Personalised Check In by the bar having a welcome drink, wonderful Reception staff who explained us about the facilities and showed us around.
Location is beautiful, just a little far from Patong beach (45 min by taxi), but to be honest, I was not interested in that part of Phuket at all, so didn't mind at all.
The Hotel is brand new, and you can feel that, everything is very well kept, bedrooms are amazing, the bathrooms are beautiful, all the bedrooms have balcony, most of them facing the pool, and the sea, marble floors, elegant decoration and incredible sofa in the bedroom (I felt in love with it). All the resort is very relazing and quiet, the public areas and restaurants have that ''Zen'' feeling that keeps you relaxed.
We had lunch on arrival and cocktails by the beach, and then dinner a couple of nights, the Chef's Special Seabass was just awesome. Breakfast was a little heaven on itself, amazing food, amazing staff. We requested Olive Oil the 1st day (we are spanish, so we like our Olive Oil in the Bread), and the lovely lady in the restaurant kept bringing it every morning, we didnt have to ask again.
I have no faults about this place, I wish them all the best and I am sure the hotel will be soon one of the best in the Island.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PatriciaOrtiz
DenisMartin_HKT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2015

Dear Abby Z,

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing your stay in our hotel and sharing those extremely valuable comments with us and others.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the property and its facilities.

looking forward to welcome you soon back to the property,

The management

37.9 km away
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
5.5 km away
The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket

Been to Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach? Share your experiences!