“My idea of heaven.”
Review of Cape Panwa Hotel

Cape Panwa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I absolutly love this place. My husband and I have stayed here 9 times in all and most recently with our two year old. We are due to fly out again in April 2010 for a whole month and cannot wait to arrive!
You may ask why we keep returning to the same place? Many reasons.....
Great location, safe, beautiful beach, great food, friendly and attentive staff and I could go on and on...
The room decor has not changed in all the time we have been going to this hotel but it is adequate and always clean. We have seen pictures of the new suites and they look very chic and modern. We are looking forward to seeing all the staff and being pampered in the beautiful surrounding. See you all soon! Donna, Brendan, Margaret and Lorcan Seward.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank DonnaBrenLorcan

Reviewed 25 February 2010

Our first trip to Phuket and this hotel had everything we needed, good food, good beach, good service. We've stayed in many hotels in Thailand in different areas, some more luxurious, but for overall facilities this was ideal. We upgraded to a Cape suite for the last few days of our stay, (although the previous room was fine, with a lovely sea view), but the the suite was especially nice and more luxurious. Their web site boasts lovely sea views from the Cape suites, but the only view you will get is over the garden looking at numerous palm trees with glimpses of sea between the branches. However, this did not detract from the enjoyment of having a really nice balcony and of course the jacuzzi.

1  Thank LE48Uk
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Inbetween visiting Bangkok and Singapore we stayed at Cape Panwa for 8 nights in Feb 2010. Before our trip I started to read trip advisor and found the reviews a great benefit and good insight, so here is my/our thoughts on the hotel hope you find them useful:
Location:
Beautiful but very secluded with little outside of the hotel grounds. A £20 cab journey (both ways) will get you to phuket town (Very quiet) Patong (well worth a visit) Chalong bay and Kata (Beautiful bays /beaches and good restaurants).
Rooms:
Clean but dated, especially if your in a standard room. Don’t expect plasma screens and power showers but the room’s kind of fit with the rustic feel to the hotel. On the other hand I hear the suites have been recently modernised and the villas looked amazing.
Beach and Pool:
The beach is private with ample sun beds and the staff will help you shuffle them around. Again the sun beds and umbrellas are not exactly modern but the hotel is’nt so I suppose they fit. There is an oil refinery in the next bay so the view out to the ocean can often be slightly less pictures’ with some large ships moored up to the left of the bay.
The coral can be a pain and more often than not there will be stages when you cannot swim because of the tide and shallow waters, the only plus side to this is the wildlife in the coral can be seen in its full glory.
The pools are both clean and a good size, the beach pool is a great idea and in the sizzling heat is very refreshing.
Food and Drink:
We were half board and therefore ate in all the restaurants. Half board allows you to have a choice of a set menu or use your 750baht towards the ala carte menu or whatever buffet is available on the night. The themed night buffets were a highlight we found them of a good standard and enjoyable. Alcohol is expensive in the hotel bars but there are some happy hours to take advantage of. Overall food and the bars are a highlight of the hotel.
Staff:
Very friendly and helpful, but I found this with most Thai people. Rewarding them with a small tip will ensure your well looked after.
Overall:
A nice hotel a bit dated and maybe too isolated if you’re looking to see what Phuket has to offer. However for the price you pay you would be naive to expect too much. I would say the hotel is a good three stars not quite four but none the less a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mickL1983
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We arrived on the back of a manic day in Bangkok and we were glad to get to the quiet! We took the hotel up on the offer of upgrading to the Cape Suite (1800baht p/night) as we spent a lot of time in the room due to the heat. The Jacuzzi bath on the balcony was divine and we felt very spoilt. Breakfasts were excellent but we thought the food and service at Cafe Andeman were too high (we spent nearly £50 on a small italian buffet meal and couple of drinks which was over double what were spending on meals normally) Panwa House on the other hand is just amazing, what a venue and the food is fabulous - where possible always eat Thai Food as it is cheaper.
Outside the restaurant we ate at James Seafood and the Indian (near Sunset Bar) and the food was excellent. Laen Panwa at the Kantaray Bay Hotel was really good and again excellent prices for the food you get - beware they do not 'dumb' down the spices here (unless you ask!).
Don't be afraid to book trips from the guys on the beach, they are a lot cheaper for the same day/ company etc. We would recomment Phang Nga Bay by speedboat rather than Phi Phi as you see more!
I can't write anything more that you won't get from all the the other reviews so read the highs and the lows and have a fantastic holiday.

1  Thank Verity79
Reviewed 20 February 2010

First of all I would like to thank tripadvisor team and all the ppl who contribute to review the hotels and locations.. Without these reviews I wouldn’t be able to find so much information about so many places I had visited earlier.
So this is my first review hopefully it will help others like me to experience and plan for good vacation.
After looking and searching in so many web sites on the internet we had selected this hotel for our first visit to Thailand, Phuket. Our main goal was to have a hotel with a private, clean beach and beautiful room.
The hotel location is kind of far from the action. The hotel located 45 mins from the airport and 20 mins to Patong beach, so you have to keep this info. in mind when you planning for your internal trips.
The staffs are nice and helpful especially at the front desk.
The breakfast has limited options, but the restaurant location is fabulous over the top in which you have sea view.
The beach is clean and its private beach of the hotel so you’ll enjoy it even though it’s limited but good with an excellent view and surrounding.
The hotel has transportation services, which I think it’s good specifically to go to Patong beach which cost around 300 baht. The bus go 2 shifts one at the morning and 2nd one at evening 7.30 PM and come back by 11.30 PM which I think short period to enjoy since the hotel bit far.
The hotel transportation is bit expensive and I recommend that you arrange it from airport with less charge of approx 750 bhat.
Also available at the hotel Tourist helpdesk for ppl who would like to visit the island attractions and has other activities.
Our room was family club room, nice location with sea view. I didn’t like the lizards everywhere during the night time at the corridors and there was a small lizard in our cupboard in which I hope the management takes care of such small thing for ppl like me afraid from lizard ) …. But everything else was fine
What I liked also a lot about the place there are many Muslims around that area in which to my surprise were happy to see us and felt like family. So do not worry about halal food in that area as most of the ppl are Muslims.
And i would really recommend ppl to taste the local food ...
Would recommend this hotel for ppl who love quietness and honeymoon and definitely in my next visit will pass by.

• Stayed: January 2010
40.7 km away
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
8.7 km away
The Vijitt Resort Phuket

Been to Cape Panwa Hotel? Share your experiences!