Free cancellation until 29/07
Villa Esperia(Mazzaro)
US$140
US$106
  • Pool
Hotel Baia Azzurra(Mazzaro)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$527
getaroom.com
  • Beachfront
Travelocity
All reviewssister hotelsant andreabeach staffcable cargrand timeocomplimentary boat tripprivate beachfree shuttlejunior suiteinfinity poolbeautiful hotelbeautiful baythe general managerhousekeeping staffour honeymoonshuttle serviceocean view
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the minute we arrived until the minute we left everything was perfect. The service is impecable !! the rooms are bautifull we were lucky enough to stay in the "Florence Trevelyan Suite" The beach cabanas are perfect. Did not stay by the pool but if that is your thing it looked great. I just can't say enough about the service and the people working for this resort. "No" is not in their vocabulary anything you need is provided. The other great bonus is that they have a sister property in the hills in the middle of Taormina city. They will take you via free shuttle every half hour. You have to go and get a drink on their terrace at sunset, nothing like.it.

Thank you to everyone !! Will be back !!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
G-Nastasi, General Manager at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive review following your recent experience at the Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea.

I am delighted to read that your stay with us ' couldn't have been more perfect and impeccable'. This is exactly the type of experience we strive to create for each and every guest.

Thank you also for your kind and gratifying words about the team and rest assured I will share your comments with them.

I look forward to your next stay to continually meet and exceed your expectations.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The most beautiful hotel! Stuff was very nice. Rooms are clean and the view from our room was simply perfect. Restaurant is very nice also food was very veeeery good! Hotel has shuttle to city center which is going every 30minutes so its perfect. Hotel has pool and own clean beach. And the best is also that we could stay there with our small dog. AMAZING! Sure we will come back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Dominica,

We are very thankful for your fantastic feedback following your recent stay at the Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea.

It is rewarding to learn that everything was perfect, from the rooms allocated to the facilities provided which played an important role in making your time with us a most memorable one.

Thank you once again for your review and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another excellent visit.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Loved, loved this hotel. The bay is gorgeous and the staff are so attentive - the sound of the sea lapping over the rocks is just divine.
Downside- room small and bathroom smaller!

It is a fabulous 5 star but do be prepared to spend. One panini with 2 glasses of wine =£90.!!!!!!

That said, the cable car takes you up to the town of Taormina, and there are many very good restaurants at a cost of around £120 for a decent bottle of wine and two courses.

Would we go back? Yes, yes, yes but with less snack meals at the bar. Looked at the next room grade up but still small and an even smaller bathroom! Do insist on a balcony - you will miss out so much without one.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
G-Nastasi, General Manager at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear beachylabeau,

Thank you very much for sharing such a lovely and detailed feedback regarding your very special stay at the Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea.

We do really appreciate your comments about our gorgeus bay and our attentive team members playing both an important role in making your time with us a most memorable one.

We are also thankful for your constructive feedback about your experience at the bar and at the restaurant. Please be assured that your note has been addressed to the relevant department to continually monitor and improve our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

My wife and I had an absolute wonderful stay at the Villa Sant'Andrea during the first week of June. The staff right upon arrival, were so welcoming and checked us in promptly and gave us a tour of the entire property while our bags were brought up to the room. We were upgraded to a stunning sea view terrace room (#485), which was such a nice treat! The room was a little tight, but the terrace was massive, and honestly we were there to relax on the beach, not to spend too much time in the room anyway. The bed and other furnishing were comfortable and made for a really pleasant stay. On our anniversary, a bottle of prosecco and some sweets and a hand written note from management appeared in our room by the time we came back from the beach. Extremely classy move on their part.

Each morning we casually walked down to breakfast after taking in the morning sun on the terrace. The breakfast buffet, like many other hotels in Italy is a real treat. There are expansive buffet items, as well as fresh and delicious prepared food you can order off their menu. The view from the breakfast terrace is spectacular and such a wonderful place to start the day. You can also opt to have breakfast delivered to your room or balcony should you wish to have a private breakfast. We didn't dine for dinner at the hotel but would have if we had another night there. There is just so much to see and do in Taormina, it was hard not to be up in the town at night.

The beach club is really where this hotel shines. Having a private strip of beach front in the bay of Mazzaro is a game changer. The beach was raked clean every morning, the staff was always on call to set up loungers, deliver drinks and snacks as we wished. We even saw them patrolling the water for debris that float in from time to time. We didn't encounter too many jelly fish as some other travelers have mentioned here. Its the sea, and marine life is not something the hotel has control over anyway. The big rock was great fun to swim out to and jump off of! The water was crystal clear and refreshing. If you are sensitive walking on pebbles, I would suggest bringing beach shoes or using the pair of flip flops they provide in the room. The hotel's WiFi is also strong, we never had any issues getting access on the beach, in rooms, etc. The pool area is also perfect and very tranquil if you would rather go over to it for a change of scenery.

We made use of the complimentary boat trip around the surrounding coast. That was such a nice treat as well. We were able to see and learn about the history of the area, some grotto's, Isola Bella and jumped in for a quick swim too.

The concierge staff were super helpful getting us reservations at all of the restaurants we wanted to dine at, sometimes even same day. It seemed that all of our tables that we reserved through the hotel were in the ideal locations in the restaurants. I would imagine the Belmond has the best connections around town and it truly showed.

The shuttle service to and from their sister hotel Grand Timeo was timely, safe and comfortable. We didn't have any issue fitting, but we did notice some guests missed it from time to time if they weren't early enough. There is also a cable car 1 minute away from the hotels entrance, and a 3 EUR a trip and 2 minutes later, you are up in the heart of town. You can also use the Grand Timeo's facilities as you wish, and their pool is also very nice and relaxing. At the very least go have a drink on their terrace because the view of mount Etna is truly spectacular.

We hope to one day return, the hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the staff really made our trip very memorable. Thank you so much for such a special week in paradise!!
-The Alfieri's

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worth it but not a "must"
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
G-Nastasi, General Manager at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mark A.,

Thank you for your kind and detailed review following your recent stay with us.

Rest assured that I have shared your compliments with the entire team who is thrilled you took away such fond memories.
Here at Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea the satisfaction of the guests’ expectations and needs is an absolutely priority, your appreciation pays us back and stimulates further efforts to please.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you back to Sicily.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I had a bad experience here. I wrote a review while still a guest & deleted it soon after to get a few days’ perspective. Sadly, I still can’t recommend the hotel; but the worst of my experience wasn’t their fault, so to dispense with it quickly: due to an uncomfortable bed & disruptive noise, after a few days I was fairly sleep deprived & got a migraine; there was nowhere reasonably quiet to go anywhere around the hotel & it was made worse by rude treatment from staff.

Ignoring the migraine: There’s a pretty view & I loved the landscaping. The bed was lumpy; the room & bath were pretty but tiny & dysfunctional. The noise mentioned above might have been unique to our location, which was a site of busy staff activity all day and door slamming all night (doors could not be closed gently if you tried.) Food was nice but a letdown after our prior hotel in Sicily (which was admittedly exceptional) and also not as good as other meals we had in Taormina. Wait staff were polite & mostly attentive. Nothing to do outside the hotel, which is on a very busy road with a few other hotels. Inside the hotel: a spa, and... various places to sit. Those are the bar, the pool (not for swimming,) some pleasant terraces & the lovely tiny garden (but unfortunately w/non-comfy chairs.)

Which brings me to the beach- so far as I can tell, the reason to stay here. But the beach, frankly, is a hassle. (BTW jellyfish... but they can’t help that.) It’s that there aren’t enough lounges; they’re crammed-in & airless, and they fill up early. There are, we counted, 5 on the water. Ok, there’s more, but staff *may* hold them back in case somebody wants to rent a cabana. (We thought a thinly veiled bait-and-switch - cabanas cost more than the room.)

Or, you can take the van up to the sister property in Taormina. Better everything, same price... wait, why not just stay there? You could always take the van down if you want to rent a cabana...

Ok, the hotel isn’t bad. I emphasize, lovely flowers, nice view, nice food, mostly good service... I wish I could leave a better review, but it’s just not $800/night nice, & all nicer in Taormina. So with the beach such a disappointment, I can’t think of any good reason to stay here & wish I hadn’t.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gbgnrdrz
G-Nastasi, General Manager at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear gbgnrdrz ,

thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read your positive comments regarding the lovely flowers, the nice view as well as the good service provided by most of our staff. On the other hand, I was sorry to learn that other aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations, for which I apologise most sincerely.

Whilst I respect your decision not to do so, I wish you had brought your dissatisfaction with your room to our attention at the time, allowing us to offer you an alternative accommodation.

Let me point out that our beach is the flagship of our facilities, it is the largest private beach of Taormina furthermore, as you mentioned, it features a secluded area equipped with luxury Cabanas.

Our hotel is located in the lovely and picturesque village of Mazzarò, it is very close to the centre of the town which is reachable in just 5 minutes by the cable car located right in front of the hotel entrance. Alternatively, a complimentary shuttle service is available every half hour.

Please accept my assurance that we are supported by a team of experienced professionals that constantly strive to deliver a high level of service. I have discussed your feedback and concerns with the relevant head of departments taking measures to ensure that this kind of inconveniences will not occur in future.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to contact me directly on giovanni.nastasi@belmond.com, so I may have the opportunity to fully restore your confidence in our hotel for a future visit.

Looking forward to hearing from you, I reiterate my apologies for the inconveniences you faced.