“Pickled BBQ'd Pig Tails in Barbados”

The Sporting Pig Sports Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Dover
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 15 March 2015

Walking to the ATM machine at Dover Beach next to the football field and cricket pitch I caught the sign that read BBQ Pig Tails served. Well that got my attention and when my sweetie said lets give it a try, we did. Cold frosty Banks Beer served immediately. The Barbados Soccer Club practise next door and this bar has some real sports flavour going. Great menu with lots to choose from. We had a delicious chicken wrap and I went for the tails. Fall off the bone delish, excellent sauce and grill mark charring meat. Not bad for 6 bucks for 2 tails. Made my breath come hard. Even ordered more to take back and share with the some of my traveler foodies. They returned to have more.The Flying Fish Fingers were also a real treat. Crispy good and way above being just mediocre. The Sporting Pig sure is a great place to grab a quick nibble and a nip and catch up on all the islands sports info on the TV screens and standing's score board. It is what it is, a great sports bar that keeps you liquefied and fed well.

3  Thank WaynePOV

Reviewed 13 February 2015

This bar/restaurant is part of the Time Out Hotel. The menu is very average and not all that appetising. It's a basic bar that shows football and also has a quiz night.

Reviewed 1 February 2015

This is s great sports bar with good food and friendly staff. We are and drank here a few times since we were staying at the Time Out hotel. Definitely would recommend!

Reviewed 28 January 2015

We popped in for a drink while exploring the Gap and although the place was roomy with numerous TVs for sports fans the service left a lot to be desired. I won't judge all the employees there as we only dealt with one bartender but he came across as annoyed that we wanted to place an order (the drinks he made were excellent, however). As far as the food goes I only tried a pizza and found that lacking. I asked for mushrooms but was told they were out of stock - that was odd as all the other restaurants in the area had plenty of mushrooms on hand. I wound up with a plain cheese pie that was edible but not very good. Between the grumpy bartender and blah food (how can you screw up pizza?!) I wouldn't recommend the Sporting Pig unless there was a game you wanted to see or if you don't mind waiting for a disgruntled bartender to pour you a drink.

Reviewed 27 January 2015

Popped in for a drink. Ok place. It was airing a Cowboys game and I just don't like Cowboy fans. Service was good and the food looked nice.