“Perfect escape”

Long Beach Resort Phu Quoc
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Duong To
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

From the airport straight to the resort (shuttle service provided by the resort) we've had nothing but great service. The resort on the ancient side is like a tropical rainforest, which was exactly what we were looking for. Joey was extremely thorough with the process and was extremely welcoming (most staff were). The restaurant as well, to our surprise, was really good! We enjoyed our meals there every day! Can't wait to revisit :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 September 2017

I am appalled by the favorable reviews on TripAdvisor, Expedia, and Fodors recommending this property. I carefully coordinate my vacation plans and accommodations, and this place is entirely misrepresented in every forum. First, and this is critical - DO NOT allow them to hold your passport. Yes, unlike other hotels, they actually took my passport (rather than merely make a copy) and held it on the guise that there was some law on Phu Quoc requiring them to do so. This is not true- I am now at another location and talked to locals and it is actually against the law for me to be without my passport. When I demanded it back the following morning, it was bent and ragged compared to its prior pristine condition.

As to the property itself, the conditions are that of a motel at best, the photographs do not accurately depict any of the run-down grounds and structures, and I was actually concerned that I would get sick from some of the conditions. The property: the pool was dirty and the water did not appear to be filtering. The smaller pool or hot tub was still and no movement, and there was standing water in a nearby planter on the steps to the beach. I walked down to the beach, which was filthy. The dining area was dated, and while the staff was nice, I am fairly certain that my croissant at breakfast (the only thing I trusted at that point) was undercooked/ heated from a package/ tin. I likened the property to the Bates Motel, as there were no other guests or lights visible on the night that I arrived. The following morning, I still only saw two couples on site in several hours.

The room: The mildew/ bad air smell hit me as soon as I entered the room, and did not get better throughout the night. The room is sparse (not in a good modern way), and dark and dreary even in the daylight. The bath bottles had old faded and peeling labels, evidencing that they refill the small plastic bottles, the two small bath towels (which they told me I had to use as beach/pool towels too) felt like scratch paper, and there were previously used flip flops clearly left in the room for use. There is no "mini-bar" but merely an empty refrigerator to hold what you bring- from where, I have no idea.

Although I booked it for 3 nights, I left immediately after the 1 night and rebooked at another property. I have never done that in all my personal and business travels, but I genuinely felt that the area was unsafe, unclean, and unacceptable. I advise anyone who is looking for something beyond a motel level to avoid this place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
15  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel with a lovely restaurant and excellent staff. On our last night a very noisy family moved in the room next door, reception organised a quieter room for us with no fuss and great charm.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank stella3711
Longbeach2017, Management at Long Beach Resort Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Ms. Stella3711,

Warm greetings from Long Beach Resort!

We are glad and happy that you chose our resort to spend your vacation.

It's an honor that we are able to cater your needs from facilities, foods and customer service with satisfaction.

It's our mission to provide our guest's the best of our resort has to offer.

Best Regards,

Long Beach Resort Phu Quoc

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Huge room in the newer area near the amazing swimming pool. Loved staying here with the beach only metres away. Great staff and very hepful. Fantastic selection and quality foods for breakfast while overlooking the swimming pool below. Very close to a restaurant called Lemongrass which I would reccommend also. Would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Near swimming pool in newer area
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scenichigh
Management response:Responded 8 August 2017

Dear Mr. & Ms. Scenichigh,

Warm Greetings from Long Beach Resort Phu Quoc!

We would like to express our appreciation for taking time to write your comments and delighted to know that you've had an enjoyable stay with us.

Its is an honor that we are able to cater your needs from facilities, foods and customer service with satisfaction.

Its our mission to provide our guest's the best of our resort has to offer.

Best Regards,

Long Beach Resort Management

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 4 days. And since the first day we already fell in love with this place. the pictures that are shown online definitely not as good as what it is in reality. They have two part, modern and ancient part. We stayed in a family room in the modern part. But the ancient actually looks amazing!!
Overall the room is good. Only some towel was not too clean and the shower water got blocked sometimes.
The service is very very good. We booked our flight at 7pm and they let us check out at 5pm.
Our room view was in front of the swimming pool and the sea, it's very convenient you can just walk to the sea. And in front of the sea there are few bars. So you can enjoy your beer and sunbath in the sea. It definitely made our trip the best memories.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank haahaa k
Management response:Responded 22 May 2017

Dear Mr. / Ms. Haahaa K,

We are glad and happy that you chose our resort to spend your vacation.

Its is an honor that we are able to cater your needs from facilities, foods and customer service with satisfaction and Please be assured that we take our guest feedback seriously and working toward improving our facilities and services.

Its our mission to provide our guest's the best of our resort has to offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duong To
0.6 km away
Salinda Resort Phu Quoc Island
Salinda Resort Phu Quoc Island
#2 of 118 in Phu Quoc Island

Been to Long Beach Resort Phu Quoc? Share your experiences!