1,304 results
All reviews spice house beach house phu quoc large sea view room free cocktail every afternoon infinity pool the cottages outdoor shower mosquito net night market long beach sao beach relaxing holiday private beach high season pho
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at cassia cottage for 3 days, never leaving and just eating the food at the resort. Our first 2 days were great, - good food and friendly staff. Based on these days I would have rated 4 (not 5 due to impossible to get hot water in the shower).

However on our last day we both got acute ill after eating at the spice house. I suspect it was the beef burger. I have never felt so bad in my life. I did not sleep one second that night just puking constantly.

We told the staff at check out. They did not care and charged in full with no apology. Funny that the most expensive place by far we stayed at in Vietnam were the only place to make us sick. Not acceptable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Brage U
Mark B, Owner at Cassia Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Hi: we do not think you got that from us: Your symptoms state too soon after you are and went away too quickly. We had several other guests and staff ill last week. Some ate with us, some outside, and all traveled from Ho Chi Minh City in crowded planes. This virus can also be transmitted by contaminated water on the street in rainy season.

Our kitchen is really clean, and our beef from New Zealand. Not to say it might not have bacteria, but it's unlikely that your symptoms would come from that.

You probably got a stomach virus: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/viral-gastroenteritis/symptoms-causes/syc-20378847
Which take 3-7 days to affect you, and goes away in 12-24 hours.

We looked at our reception video and audio and asked the girl who did your checkout. You did not mention the illness at the time, else we would. have advised you, given you medicine if needed, and give YOU a FREE OF CHARGE ROOM FOR ANOTHER DAY UNTIL you recover. But we did not know you were sick.

Sorry to write so long, and also regret that you blame us for your misfortune.

Cassia Team

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. Reception was great and also the free 2way transport from and back the airport. We had a beautiful room in front of the beach on the second floor. Nice view to the sea and of the resort. Mosquito net on the bed is necessary but we had not much trouble about them. Also mosquito killers in the room. Breakfast is good. More is not necessary. The room was big and clean. Mind you : this is a tv free resort. So you don’t find a tv in the room. Staff is very friendly. I can recommend this resort. It is also situated not far from the airport and about in the middle of the island.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank StafW3
Reviewed 6 July 2018

My son lives in Vietnam and he chose this hotel for me to spend a few days with him and his girlfriend. We stayed in one of the beach houses which was amazing and absolutely huge - great value though if you want 2 bedrooms.
Loved the ethics of this place - natural products/home grown herbs and veg etc.
The staff were also fabulous - nothing too much trouble - we hired the mopeds on site to explore which was a great bonus.
Lovely food and atmosphere in the spice house.
The hotel is in a great position and the pool is large.
Everything perfect - loved it ❤️

Room Tip: Go for the beach house if you are a family/2 couples
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Currently staying at this amazing hotel. If you are tossing up whether to stay here....don't. this hotel is perfect. The gardens, the rooms, the location. We really felt we were welcomed to the family. It was wonderful to see the hotel contributing back by training the staff in hospitality and English. A true gem and we will be back

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The 'hotel' was wonderful in every way, there isn't anything about that deserves a negative comment.. The ethical values to the environment staff etc are superb. It was a sheer joy to see staff enjoying themselves and not continually standing to attention. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. I can't think of enough adjectives to explain how nice it was. I was a bit reluctant to write a rave review only from a selfish reason as I don't want everyone to find my little bit of paradise

Room Tip: It appeared that all accomodation was of the same high standard
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple