5,101 results
All reviewsstandard roomjolly beach resorta la carte restaurantsjerk chickenseafoodann marieentertainment staffsupersaver roomswim up barsuper saver roomcoconut grillstar resortquiet poolthe main buffet restaurantindian foodthree stargo with an open mind
Reviewed 13 July 2018

We had a second floor room with an amazing view of the Caribbean and the beautiful beach. As most people have said, the property could do with a little facelift but it certainly didn't spoil our holiday. The staff are all lovely, cannot do enough for you and are sooo friendly. The entertainment was brilliant as was the manager, Bruchella. We went on an island tour on a super fast speed boat and that too was excellent, especially walking in the Caribbean with stingrays!! We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and would recommend the resort to anyone. P.s. All rooms have sea view!

Room Tip: Second floor
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Angela W
RudyRichardson, General Manager at Starfish Jolly Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Angela W,

Thank you for choosing Starfish Jolly Beach Resort and Spa as your vacation destination and sharing your piece of paradise with us.

It is a pleasure to know that the scenic view from your room, friendly and helpful teams, exciting entertainment activities and shows and the available tours of the island contributed to your paradise vacation.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared with our teams, as they made your vacation memorable.

Our aim is to provide the best holiday experience and will keep improving to make your next visit even better.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

My family and I stayed here for one week in February. We were put in the old section of the resort. The room was a good size but the electrical was out of date and there was only one outlet that fit our chargers and other needs in the room. I required a CPAP machine and since the outlet was on the other side of the room I had to use a long extension that stretched the length of the room. It was a trip hazard. It also meant that we could only recharge one piece of equipment at a time. The activities were great and most of the staff were very nice. On the last day just before we left, my daughter was confronted by a rude staff member in the main restaurant for taking two pieces of chicken. When I complained at the reception they did call the manager to come and talk to me however the airport taxi came and I had to leave before he/she got there. I emailed the resort when I got home but they were very slow in responding and three weeks later they claimed to not be able to identify the person despite the details I provided. In general, we had a very good time but there were problems that were not appropriately addressed.

Stayed: February 2018
7  Thank Juliane J
RudyRichardson, General Manager at Starfish Jolly Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Juliane J,

Thank you for choosing our resort as your vacation destination and sharing your experience with us.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the resort, especially with our friendly & helpful teams and the entertainment activities.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared with them, as they enjoy providing a great vacation experience.

It is regrettable to hear of the described inconvenience and even though you received a response from our teams, we will do another revision to ensure that we improve your experience.

Our aim is to provide the best vacation holiday and will continue improving for you.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I traveled the week of June 25th, 2018. The staff are super friendly and helpful! The resort is just okay. They do have a beautiful beach! When we arrived we were booked in a room at the end of the resort. I was shocked when I opened the door and saw the condition that it was in. It was pretty old. The tiles around the tub were all yellow and stained. The toilet was run down. The room it self was pretty outdated. I could not believe that they would rent a room looking like that. I immediately went to the front desk to complain. Luckily they had a unit by the lobby that was available and in better condition, but not the best. I travel a lot and have stayed in multiple resorts, but this one has been the worst. The food is not good at all and the selection is VERY limited. If you eat at some of their restaurants there is a surcharge with some of their meals. The food at the restaurants were nothing to brag about. The entertainment is just okay. If you want free WI-FI you have to hang around in the lobby. When you arrive you will see a bunch of guests hanging around using their cell phones. If you don't mind staying in a run down resort, this resort is for you.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank ivc1213
RudyRichardson, General Manager at Starfish Jolly Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear ivc1213,

Thank you for choosing our resort and taking the time to share your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful teams, beautiful mile long beach, and entertainment activities.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared with our teams as they enjoy providing a great vacation experience.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience experienced and will ensure that your standards are met through strategic improvement with the relevant teams.

You will be pleased to know that we have free WiFi Zones in multiple locations around the property and have illustrated them around the property and on our property map for your leisure.

Our aim is to provide an enjoyable and memorable vacation experience, and will keep improving for you and all of our guests.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I’m stunned at some of the poor reviews from people there during the same week I was there. The hotel could use a little updating but it was clean and comfortable and frankly authentic. The staff was very friendly and went waaayyy out of their way to entertain us. The first night we were there, the young people performed a native dance with costumes and fire — and they had a steel band two nights. Some woman wrote that it was hype or something - not so. The entertainment was very appropriate for an island resort. There was plenty to do - water sports, beach volleyball, kayaking, sailing. The food was average fare for an inclusive deal - similar to what’s served on a cruise. Unlike what another guest stated, the buffet had many selections - but some people are just never satisfied. You get what you pay for — and I felt that we got a wonderful and fun vacation for an affordable price. The beach and water were gorgeous and the area is fairly quiet. There are excursions available. I would definitely go back.
By the way, I left gold and silver jewelry all over my dresser and nothing was taken. The housekeeper forgot To leave shampoo and when I called someone at the front desk - they came within minutes. Everyone we met was very happy with the resort. It’s three-star and that’s what we expected. What we didn’t expect was a staff that went out of their way to entertain and show us their culture without expecting much in return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Robin P
RudyRichardson, General Manager at Starfish Jolly Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Robin P,

Thank you for choosing Starfish Jolly Beach Resort and Spa as your vacation destination and sharing your holiday experience with us.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful teams, entertainment shows, variety of our cuisine, and the safe and trustworthy environment.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Solid 3 star resort. Their special restaurant booking could be handled better but overall everything was nicely set up and the staff was friendly and attentive. I bought this vacation as a last minute deal through a web booking agent and was very pleased for the price. The rooms need updating but I didn't spend enough time in it to really care.

Stayed: March 2018
6  Thank SeahorseGirl2014

Dear SeahorseGirl2014,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the full experience of our resort especially with our friendly and helpful teams.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared with them, as they enjoy providing a great holiday experience.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and know that your recommendation is being reviewed with the relevant team for improvement to your experience.

We look forward to providing you with the best of vacation experiences on your next visit.