Ellen Bay Cottages(Saint Philips)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$397
US$361
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$405/night.

US$342
US$409
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites(English Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$167
Antigua Yacht Club Marina Resort(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$104
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

South Point Antigua(English Harbour)
US$298
US$255
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$284/night.

Carlisle Bay Antigua(Saint Mary's)
US$631
US$575
All reviewsstingray cityceiling fanst johnstvtaxikettleisland
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Happened on this when going to Stingray City. Off the beaten track, very welcoming staff, great terrace with lovely views, good quality food if not very imaginative menu. Good drinks and cold beers. Just what we needed. Would revisit.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We spent a week at the Ellen Bay Inn in April 17. Sister site, Ellen Bay Cottages just down the hill. Much as previously described, a simple basic double room, mini fridge, TV and shower/ WC in adjoining room. AC works well, ceiling fan to assist. Set among the local population close to Stingray City meeting point., Fruit, toast & a coffee for breakfast, evening meal has to be pre ordered. Café bar attracts the occasional visitor. Local shop, bar & Chicken Hut with snack shop at Stingray City offices all within a few mins walk. Long Bay is a great spot for swimming & snorkelling Car is a must, local Bus service from Wilkies to St Johns is a challenge worth taking on for $EC6 each way, Taxi is expensive $US 30 each way. Great hosts with David, Joan, Nakisha & Clarissa making the week more enjoyable & informative . Our only suggestion is a Kettle in the room would make it complete.
If you want independence, see working life as it really is this is a good place to stay.

Don't judge by European standards !!

Room Tip: Upper floor overlooking sea .
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 May 2017

Thank you very much for you honest feedback. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 March 2017

We stayed at Ellen Bay for 5 days in the middle of February. This was the start of a month’s holiday, as we were moving on to 3 other islands. It was the perfect start to our holiday. Ellen Bay is situated in a quiet part of the island, but, as long as you have a car, it is within easy reach of a wide variety of activities. The staff are all very friendly, and helpful. The views are stunning, and the food locally sourced and deliciously prepared.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Had 6 nights at Ellen Bay, very quiet location off the beaten track. Rooms are OK, small fridge in each room, bed comfortable and good shower (take your own kettle though). Nice continental breakfast and changes each day, bar closes at 8pm, though you can stock up on drinks and sit out by the cafe. We found a car a necessity, ($50 a day) although you can use the local bus service if you have patience! Staff at Ellen Bay very friendly....

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Squrrox99
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a week alone as a single mid twenties female traveller.

I have family in Antigua but wanted my own base and privacy and this place was perfect.

I was late arriving but Sharon was still there waiting when I arrived.

The room had everything I needed - comfy bed, good air con and a good warm shower.

Sharon was incredibly friendly and I felt almost at home whilst I was there! Mr David was always on hand in case you needed a lift for a small fee. If you let him know what time you want to come home, he'll pick you up too which is great as Taxi's on the island can be expensive for tourists.

One day in the morning I'd been looking at the dinner menu but hadn't decided on anything. Last orders for food are at 4pm and Mr David picked me up from the beach at 4 and asked if I'd arranged dinner as I hadn't ordered anything. I said I hadn't but would sort something. About half an hour after arriving back there was a knock at my door and it was Mr David with a container of hot goat stew! It was so tasty and such a lovely gesture.

I also hired the inn's jeep for a day for $50 - super convenient.

Loved my stay and would most certainly return! It is a fantastic spot if you really want to experience the real Island way of life. Blissful.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Issy M
Ellen Bay Inn A, Manager at Ellen Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

We enjoyed hosting you.