4,173 results
All reviews main beach beach bar guest services main bar verandah resort water sports rasta beach mini golf kids club adult pool per person lobster rum punch shirley heights devil's bridge long bay beach a la carte
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

This trip was to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary so we were a large group (6 adults and 4 kids) from the UK and USA. We have visited a number of Elite Island resorts over the last 20 years and have always been happy hence the repeated returns.

We Originally booked to go to St James’ Club but switched due to the seaweed issue facing Antigua at the moment. We haven’t visited The Verandah for 5 years so we were all keen to see the changes.

Firstly the building work for the new resort does have an impact on what used to be an amazing unspoilt view. Maybe if we hadn’t been here before and know what it used to look like it wouldn’t matter so much? I appreciate new resorts need to be built, but why can’t the resort across the bay be utilised as this has been empty for a number of years now?
That said, the building work is fairly quiet. The odd bang and drill here and there.

The main watersports beach has been made bigger since our last visit and there are plenty of things to do to keep busy. The new bathrooms and soft drinks bar are very good additions. If you are travelling with kids, this beach is simply perfect. Clear, warm, shallow water. My daughters and nieces adored their time here. All watersports staff also very friendly especially Douglas. For me, I personally don’t think you can find a better beach for kids than here.

The beach bar is great for snacks whatever time of day and we also enjoyed several cool evening meal times here.

The rooms are large and interconnected which is useful when travelling with family. I do think they could do with an update though especially the bathrooms and kitchen area. Air con is perfect!

The grounds, pools and main bar are fantastic. Very clean and tidy at all times which must be hard considering the amount of people staying when we were there.

We visited the kids club almost everyday and special thanks to Althea and Destiny. The activities are great and my daughter came home with a number of keep sake items.

The other beach is good with a nice snack and drinks bar. Much quieter than the watersports beach.

The resort is spread out as others say, however there are golf buggies around who stop to offer lifts if required so it was never a problem for us.

We went to Long Bay to check out Pineapple Beach as we had stayed here a number of years ago. As always an amazing beach and some beach shops to pick up souvenirs/inflatables etc.

We visited Nicole’s twice, well Worth the surcharge and pleased they offer family nights so you don’t have to be too concerned with the kids. The Bucanners was also nice but with the same menu every night this was slightly disappointing.

Entertainment was varied and we all enjoyed it. Especially the kids dancing and the fire eating, crab racing and Dance group.

Overall we had a truly fantastic visit, thanks again to the whole team here. Nothing was too much trouble which goes a long way. One final point, more authentic food please, we are in Antigua, I want to sample as much Caribbean food as possible!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank dannii_chelsea
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at The Verandah for 12 nights in June with my husband and daughter and were really impressed with the hotel. The accommodation is in semi detached bungalow style chalets. My husband and I were in one with my daughter (24) in the chalet next door. Our balconies were separated by a door so we were able to open up and share it together. Each room was huge, with high ceilings and a sofa bed and kitchenette area which included a microwave, cutlery, fridge, kettle and crockery (would have been extremely useful if you had babies to feed). The rooms were a little dated furniture wise but perfectly adequate and the bed was very comfortable. Although we had a garden room we still could see the sea from the balcony due to the elevated position of the hotel.

The resort was beautiful and spread out. Both beaches were beautiful and peaceful. The hotel was at 90% occupancy but you wouldn’t know it. We never had a problem getting a sunbed either by the pool or on either beach.

Beach towels are available daily to pick up clean and drop off dirty towels both on the beaches and poolside (just help yourself)

We got a day pass to Pineapple Beach next door - one day pass and one evening to eat in their Italian restaurant. Lovely adult only hotel and very pretty but a little more compact than the Verandah. The Italian was very good and worth a visit. Overall we preferred the Verandah.

The hotel is on a hill and spread out. We had no problem walking around the resort but there are regular golf buggies willing to pick you up and give you a lift if required. The staff are so friendly and willing to help.

The crazy golf is one of the nicest I’ve seen - worth a visit.

Food was very good and plenty of choice. Breakfast even had English style sausages which delighted my husband.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The grounds staff always had a smile and a greeting. Action Man (one of the activities team) was brilliant and brought the place to life whenever he was around). Bar staff were the only negative, not always appearing that happy.

Overall brilliant holiday and I will return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet B
GuestAmbassador03, Guest Relations Manager at The Verandah Resort & Spa - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our staff and management team, thank you for choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa for your first holiday in beautiful Antigua! We were delighted to note that your visit was filled with delectable meals, excellent accommodations, as well as personable and friendly service.

We truly appreciate your incredible feedback, and we sincerely thank you for your generous commendation of our fantastic team. It was an honor to share our lovely resort with you, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Best Regards,

The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua
Staff & Management

Reviewed 10 July 2018

My sister and I needed a quiet place and found it at The Verandah. We were truly surprised at the cordial and courteous front desk staff and the restaurant wait staff. They were attentive and went out of their way to ensure that our preferences were taken care of. The room was spacious and clean. The beach was well maintained and serene. The grounds inside the resort were a bit untidy, weedy. Getting around was easy if you hitched a ride on a passing golf cart. Lots of walking. Would strongly recommended this resort.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

Just returned from a week at The Verandah and I would go back in a minute. The food on the buffet and the Beach Bar was wonderful. We did not go to Nicole's, went to Buccaneer's one night and was not impressed. My mother and I had one cottage with my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew in the next cottage. The adjoining verandah's made one big happy home-away-from-home. The staff was wonderful, the resort beautiful, clean and safe. Our wonderful vacation was due in big part to The Verandah and their wonderful staff.

5  Thank Claudia R
Reviewed 6 July 2018

We spent a week at The Verandah Resort. Our original plan was to stay at St. James Club but was offered to switch hotels due to the seaweed problem there. We travelled with our young child, We weren't quite sure what to expect but it all worked out in the end. The people that booked with St. James Club and were adults only were directed to Pineapple beach and the ones who travelled with families were sent here.
We were picked up by Air Canada Vacations representative and took us to our hotel in a timely manner. The hotel grounds are quite spread out and a golf cart helps a lot to get around. The rooms are quite spacious. The cleaning staff do a great job maintaining the rooms.
The beaches were very clean and seaweed free. The pools were great and an adults only pool was available as well. The food was very plentiful and assorted. We always found something to eat at the main buffet. There was an option to go to Nicole's restaurant which you had to pay $ 35 pp US. We didn't do this because we were happy with the food at the main restaurant and Buccaneers restaurant.
The entertainment was enough for us but definitely not there for the party goers. This resort is catered more for families.
I did get the chance to meet the owner of the hotel Mr. Barrett and he was a lovely and down to earth kind of guy. He really tried to accommodate everyone during this seaweed problem that was out of his control. He seems like he treats his staff well and therefore his staff treat the guests well in return.
My family and I had a great time in Antigua and would consider going back. The people are lovely and the island is beautiful.

3  Thank TorontoSmiley

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent holiday at The Verandah Resort & Spa! We are overjoyed your stay exceeded your expectations, and we greatly appreciate your generous compliments toward our excellent dining, our incredible staff, and our beautifully-kept facilities.

At The The Verandah Resort & Spa, we love what we do, and we were truly gladdened to hear that our team helped make your Caribbean holiday as special as possible.

We are honored to have you as part of our Verandah Resort family, and we sincerely hope you join us in gorgeous Antigua for another unforgettable holiday in the not-too-distant future!

Best Regards,