1,523 results
All reviews garden villa cave trip fish village visit sea plane the yasawa flyer outdoor bathroom dive shop lodge rooms crab local village communal dining meal plan kids club shark dive nacula village yasawa islands
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

A lovely resort with all the mod cons and fabulous bures with beautiful outdoor showers - a real experience to have a shower under the stars.

The staff are wonderful and put on some great activities including beautiful dancing, music and fun games.

For my preference, the resort was a little too busy for a romantic retreat but the atmosphere was lovely and I would definitely go back with kids in the future. You did get your own private hammock, an outdoor day bed and little private garden so you could definitely retreat for some quiet time, which we did.

The snorkelling is fabulous, the coral reef is stunning. Even the storm we had during our stay couldn't spoil our experience at all.

The cave trip activity is an absolute must-do. We went with Vatily, a superb guide! The caves were empty as we went early, they are eerily beautiful and so worth seeing. The stalls outside are nice- have a chat and buy some trinkets from the ladies from the village, there's lots of choice and you can pay back at the resort.

The food was very good, including divine roti at tea time and delicious buffets. The idea of a shared meal was lovely and meant you met other travellers.

Absolutely top resort, I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Matthew C, General Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear V4rty,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback and kind comments from your recent stay with us. I was particularly pleased to read how you embraced both the resort experience and the setting. We are indeed fortunate to operate in such a beautiful location, with lagoon and reef at our doorstep. Thank you for traveling to the Yasawas and I hope we can welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

This resort really deserves 5 stars.

The island itself is very beautiful and the rooms are great (Stayed in both a lodge and the dorms).

The staff is amazing.

A special shoutout to their kitchen who made wonderful meals all day, both in taste and presentation! Because of allergies I often struggle with food on restaurants but it was no problem for them at all, top class!

The boatride to the island is very long, but it is well worth it.

1  Thank Jet749539
Matthew C, General Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your kind comments and observations and In particular for recognizing the kitchen team. I will be sure to pass on your thanks. I hope that we can welcome you back when your travels return you to the Yasawas.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights in a garden villa and did not leave disappointed . The food is very good . The rooms are spotless clean and most of the staff are very friendly. We did find a few of the staff seemed to be disinterested in helping guests but overall we could not complain!
There are plenty of facilities and services on the island to keep u occupied . Yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving , paddle boarding and kayaking to say the least! I would definitely recommend the walking trek as you will see the most beautiful views of the island! Make sure to have runners though!
The beach itself is gorgeous just so relaxing!
The only negative was that there is no air con in the room just fans so at times it was hard to sleep!
Also make sure to bring mosquito spray as it’s expensive to buy on the island and it’s well needed!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Matthew C, General Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear lauraforde,
Thank you for posting kind comments and feedback from your recent stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back to our "little paradise" again, perhaps in one of the cooler months?

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Our family of 6 adults spent a few days at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort in December, including Christmas Day.
We had two 2-bedroomed garden villas next to each other - luxury plus..
The private outdoor shower area amid fern gardens was a highlight indeed.
The resort manager, Matthew, made his presence felt often, keen to assist and chat.
On Christmas Day we were treated to a little gift each which (Santa presumably) had left at our villa door.
Then we were invited to complimentary champagne and canapés prior to a most beautiful Christmas luncheon.
The staff at all times were courteous, cheerful and helpful.
Our activities included walking to the top of the mountain for spectacular views of the outlying islands, snorkling close to the beach and stand-up-paddle boarding. (Generally trying to be active so we could look forward to the next meal time....!!)
Yes, a memorable holiday indeed!

Stayed: December 2017

Dear LeeGor,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback and kind comments from your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay and thank you for celebrating Christmas with us. I hope we can welcome you all back again the next time you return to Fiji.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

The beach was beautiful and the accommodation was modern, however, found the staff to be very disinterested and slow. I understand Fiji time, but everything is constantly slow. There was no Fijian-friendliness from the staff like on previous islands I’d visited, and I even felt as if myself and my friends were looked down upon because we were staying in the resort’s dorms, due to comments from the General Manager, making out as if we shouldn’t have been at the resort at all. For the price, the food was lacking. I had a cold burger on day one and the restaurant is full of flies which constantly land on the food. It’s no surprise that some of us had stomach trouble while there. Lovely setting but I wouldn’t stay here again purely because of the bad atmosphere.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jake M
Matthew C, General Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Jake M,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay and in particular perceived that you were treated differently from other guests? All guest are treated equally with the same courtesies. If you felt that you did not receive sufficient attention then I apologise. I feel that your subsequent perception of the resort was tainted by this?