“Great resort and perfect beach front”

Oarsman's Bay Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

One of the best beach resort I went in Fidgi. Perfect hospitality from staff and very helpful anytime. Look like a poor owner but the food and team are perfect and make your time beautiful. The beach front is private and not much people are around that make our time very relax.
You can go and enjoy Fidgi water anytime on the day and you have plenty of fish living just in the front. All staff look and care about beach and customers.
I will definitely be back here.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

After doing a few day trips ton different islands in both the Yasawa and Mamanuca chains from Port Denarau, we decided to stay a night at Oarsmans in the northern
Yasawa islands. I am so glad we did! The staff was super friendly -- we enjoyed four wonderful meals in 24 hours + a kava ceremony. Our beachfront bure, though incredible simple, was comfortable and clean. The beach was simply breathtaking! The snorkeling is ok right in front of Oarsman, better right in front of Blue Lagoon and best on the lodge's reef hopping tour where we went to three reefs surrounding Nacula Island. We enjoyed meeting other travelers from around the world here, as well. This was definitely our most favorite 24 hours in Fiji!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Oarsman probably deserves 5 stars for sheer friendliness, but I'm a really tough grader. We didn't actually lodge there, but anchored offshore in our sailboat. They were so nice (as is the spot) we stayed 5 days! In part. we did so for their lovo -- Fijian underground oven-cooked meal. It was quite affordable (30 FJD/person) and the best one I've had in the South Pacific (including Moorea, and 2 in Tonga). Not fancy, but tasty -- even -- especially -- the okra and cassava, which I'm normally not all that keen on. The locals who sang and danced were not polished, but there was an overall sense of sweetness that made it all the more enjoyable for it. If you're looking for a beautiful spot with a nice beach, pleasant hiking, decent snorkeling and an incredibly welcoming staff, stop by the Oarsman.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank Dana G
Reviewed 12 July 2016

I couldn't say enough good things about my stay at the Oarsman. To be honest, this was not the type of stay I was initially looking for as a solo backpacker. In the end, I loved it so much I ended up extending the time here. The vibe is relaxed and familiar. Onnie and all of the staff are incredibly welcoming, friendly and accommodating. The resort is small, so you can get to know the staff as well as your fellow travelers. The facilities are clean. The meals are set in advance, but they are fresh and delicious. I loved the coffee/tea time at in the afternoon. The views from the dining deck and the beach are the best that I've seen in the Yasawas. In the end it felt like a home away from home. I definitely hope to return

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Arriving on the Yasawa Flyer we were greeted on the best sandy beach in Fiji . Onnie and the staff welcome us and then Stephen we need to have a talk . Due to cyclone Winston your Garden View are not available , we have one duplex room and the dorm . Having emailed two weeks prior to check and confirming all was good this was disappointing . So my wife and I, sister + husband spent our first night in a dorm together , lucky no one else . The next night we had three duplex bures, hardly what we booked. The food is basic but plentiful, drinks a good price but keep at staff to keep cold. The beach in front is as good as anywhere I have seen at both high + low tide with reef both sides of the resort. Nice views from hill above lodge, and good day trip to nearby island for lunch +snorkel Next stop Naqalia Lodge

Room Tip: Renovated Beachfront Bures look good