“Relaxing and Enjoyable”

South Padre Island Golf Club Vacation Townhomes
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laguna Vista
South Padre Island Golf Club Vacation Townhomes
Reviewed 22 May 2016

When I visit the South Padre Island Area, I prefer to stay at the Golf Couse in Laguna Vista. The Golf Couse community in Laguna Vitas is beautiful. The Golf course location, and the space the Golf course provides acts like a nature preserve for the local indigenous wild life.

It is so nice to go out for a ledgerly walk and watch the spoonfuls and laughing bucks fly over; the rabbits and other small animals playing and feeding out in the open.

During my 20 day stay, I hired a 2 bedroom villa. This unit had everything I could need to feel like I was at home. The Golf course had two heated pools and a gym for my use. And with the Golf course being a private community, I was able to go out for a long run in the mornings felling perfectly safe from road traffic.

Golf course has units with golf course, water, or countryside views. I prefered the units with a water front views because you can see more of the indigenous bird life.

This worked out to be my perfect vacation location in South Texas.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 March 2016

I've stayed at this place several times before. This time was horrible. Went this time for spring break. We made a reservation and was told the day before arriving they need to change the home because the owner decided to stay. But was told the new property was better because it was closer to the pool and a brand new rental. We arrived there on a Friday night and realized the water was not working. The water was not turned on and the owner would have to contact the city on that Monday. So the rental manager only had one property available but could not fit all 8 of us. I agreed that my husband and me would just sleep in the property without water and everybody else would stay at the new property until the water was turned on Monday. Monday came a and manager states he could not contact the owner. Tuesday came, he states "we need you out of the second place because owners decided they wanted to come back to stay." So out of the blue there was another property available for 8 people but only had twin beds. Third property we had to move into. Because we had to move from 2 properties and all this was their fault, I asked for help. "Sure I can help" and he going to follow use to help. He did not show up, so I called. "Are you still going to help us move?" "Sure I can help" like I did not already ask. He still did not show until he came for the key with a golf cart. The only reason I did not give 1 star is because from previous stays I know the service can be better. Also we were not charged until the 3rd place we moved into and we were given discounts on those days. This was my favorite place to stay for vacation but found out some of the property in the community is managed by a different company than SPI golf so use a different company or change to stay at a different community. Seem like the main issue is that even though you have made a reservation and put a deposit on a certain property, the owner can cancel your reservation at anytime.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank relaxed2natural
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I called the owners to ask a few questions. I told them I was traveling with a group of 8 and we are all in our late 20's. Seeming aggravated with me, they answered my questions but I ended up needing to ask more but I didn't want to call and bother them again so I sent them an email. The lady Lynn just replied with my email saying I was 20 so they wouldn't rent to me, it's only 25 and up. Even though, I said I was in my LATE 20's. She didn't even answer any of the questions I sent her she just assumed we were a bunch of kids looking to party. Needless to say I am very offended and WILL NOT be staying here.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mikayla216
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We travel to the Valley a few times a year to attend various car club events, so we were looking for a secure place to park our tow vehicle and trailer...and provide great accomodations. We have stayed in a variety of places in the Port Isabel area, even on South Padre Island. Nothing thusfar has met our needs like the SPI Golf Club. Beyond this stay, we see great potential for staying there again and again in all seasons. It really is refreshingly nice.

We stayed in a Casita, or small duplex, with another family. We brought food to prepare our meals, so once on the resort, we never left. The evening was perfect for a walk after dinner and it allowed us to enjoy the beautiful scenery and layout of the resort. Everything was kept in perfect order.

Everyone, staff and residents, was very friendly. Our little house was very comfortable and nicely appointed. Everything was well kept and clean. The reservations staff worked with us to meet and understand our specific needs and we were not disappointed.

Tips on staying there: You might want to bring extra pillows if you can. Only bath soap was provided - other stuff, shampoo, coffee, kitchen soaps, and sponges weren't found. We travel with a lot of stuff, so we were able to make do. Just plan ahead. A large Stripes convenience store is not too far away and they stock many household items. There is a small restaurant that had coffee located at the Golf Clubhouse.

We wish we would have stayed another night and played golf!

Room Tip: Highway is pretty noisy, so select a rental away from it. Some rental units have long driveways and...