All reviews evening meal highway messina chef palermo menus ferries coast wines sea
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Villa Franca hotel was very convenient for us on our tour of Sicily. We used it as a rest stop before heading to the Messina ferry to the mainland.
Th hotel was very easy to find. The hotel staff were exceptionally helpful. The reception was welcoming.
The restaurant was excellent as in the town most restaurants were closed due to the low season. The meal we had was delicious, Sicilian in flavour and the wait staff were extremely helpful.
The onsite parking was off the street and quite safe. This was very important to us as we had a hire car.
The included breakfast was wide and varied
The room was quiet even though it seemed on a busy road. The double glazing was very effective.
The room and bathroom were both exceptionally clean.
We would recommend this hotel for a short stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2016

My family loved the Viola Palace Hotel. The staff were the naturally friendliest people I've ever met in a hotel and my kids enjoyed it very much to constantly touch the plasma sphere on the reception desk...:))

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel to stay for a week, but as soon as we arrived it was empty and no atmosphere. So we only stayed for 1 night and changed hotel. The rooms weren't clean.. found a few hairs in the bed! Furniture was scuffed and everything needs decorating. The only good thing about this hotel is the staff are very friendly and speak basic English. Hotel is okay for a one night stop off or for business but not a good holiday destination.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Nice and comfortable for all of our needs. Staff members very friendly and always helped us with whatever we needed. Traveling with a large number of Americans to meet family in nearby saponara. Enjoyed our stay. If we come back o the area we will definitely stay at the viola palace hotel again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016

My wife and me went to the hotel for 1 week. Our stay was quit nice. The room was clean, the bed was done every day, the bath was done every day. As long as you keep the window closed its perfect, but when you open it up, the highway of Sicily, which goes around the island near the coast, is very loud.

Breakfast: Every day fresh cake, baguettes, cereals, coffee or coffee-specials, juice, yoghurt, cheese, ham. In my opinion, it is ok. But you could serve a little bit more meat (like salami).

Restaurant: 26€ for a 3-way-menue. Very good food, fresh sea-food, fresh noodles, excellent wine and always a special dessert. I would recommend the restaurant. But to be honest, there is not very much you could rather choose to go and have dinner. ;-)

The staff was always very kind und friendly, I appreciate that!

Resumee: I would recommend the hotel, for 1 week. The town of Villafranca de Tirrena ist very quiet and there are not very much bars or restaurants. The beach is ok and far away (5min with the car).

Room Tip: rooms to the direction of the beach could be better
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family