Beach Republic The Residences(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$87
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$146
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

Thai House Beach Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$72
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

Royal Beach Boutique Resort & Spa(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$87
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$181
US$160
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$711
US$99
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Beluga Boutique Hotel(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$99
US$132
US$109
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$315
US$159
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
US$804
US$538
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$683/night.

All reviewsboutique resortwater featureslamai townbreakfast boxquiet endrooms are cleangood sizereception staffprivacybeachparadisevillakohbaht
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed as a family of four for almost a week, Rummana was a perfect getaway from it all. Facilities and resort very well maintained. Lush gardens and lots of water features definitely added to the beautiful tropical experience. Rooms were maintained at very high standards, and spacious. Pool was good, and the onsite massage was very good. Breakfast and dinner at the restaurant was good. The staff at the hotel were amazing 5*, attentive and friendly, felt very at home here. GM was very friendly and saw to it that guests were well looked after.
Having walked the entire stretch of Lamai beach, the resort is located on the best stretch of beach here, cleaner and quiet. It is a little further away from Lamai town center (5min taxi/25min walk via beach), but works very well if you want to stay close to the action but not in the heart of it.
Lots of small and good local eateries just outside resort if you wish to dine like the locals (best wanton noodle next to Family Mart).
We definitely will be back.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Andrew L
rummana, General Manager at Rummana Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Dear Andrew Lai & Family,

Warm greeting from Rummana Boutique Resort again!
You & your family did not only make me happy on spot while your family stayed at our small resort but this review also make me and all member of Rummana be happy to hear from you and to know that you were enjoy beach holiday with us.

Your comments are always value and support our team to work utmost for hospitality services.

Please write me an e-mail or facebook for your future holiday with us, we are very pleased to arrange you what you expect at Rummana again.

All member of Rummana look forward to welcoming your family back soon.

Truly yours,
Sayan Srikan | GM

Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

I just say , dinner smack on the beach after a wonderful walk though the exiting garden. Tried a wonderful Rock Lobster on linguini with a trick garlick sauce and was positive Surprise - will absolutely returnera for more!!!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PerJuhlin
Reviewed 11 January 2015

Rummana is a small resort, 40 bungalows. Lots of privacy, beautiful garden. Friendly staff. The restaurant seems to be a well kept secret. We loved the Thai food they served. On their menu is also a wide selection of european food. We were never disappointed.
Pool is well kept. Pool terrace situated directly next to beach.
Enough sun beds for everyone.
Bungalows nicely funished and clean, proper working airco.
Spa is available but you can also get great massages on the beach.
Chaweng is aprox. 20 min drive if you want to shop.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carol P
rummana, General Manager at Rummana Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2015

Dear Carol P

Firstly, may I take this opportunity to heartfelt thank you for your kind patronage at Rummana Boutique Resort.

Your compliment is always support our team work hard and improve outstanding services.
Please keep in mind whenever your travelplan on exotic Island, our small resort is the most pleasure to welcome you as always. furthermore, special requests such as transfer arrangement, room assignment, surprising moment will be privileged.

All member of Rummana Boutique Resort look forward to welcoming you in the not-too-far future.

Sincerely yours,
Sayan Srikan

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I cannot give a full review of his hotel as I was not actually staying there at my time of visit. Me and my girlfriend were staying nearby and decided to eat at the hotel restaurant for a change. The location is beautiful, the staff were very friendly and we were having a lovely evening. However, things quickly deteriorated when the food arrived. Don't get me wrong the food wasn't bad, just disappointing, we both ordered pizza that was largely dough and swamped with cheese leaving it rather tasteless. This led to us complaining when the bill arrived and we noticed a mandatory 10% service charge, as well as 7% VAT on top of the total cost (including service) rather than it included in the menu price; a practice I have not seen anywhere else in my month in Thailand. Of course this is highlighted on the menu, but it is rather difficult to spot when you are forced to read your menu with a flashlight. Things really got interesting when I asked to speak to the manager, a rather angry man that does not take constructive criticism lightly. I decided to pay our bill when he accused me of being too poor to pay and threatened to call the police, ending our final night on the island on a rather sour note.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank StefanLawrenson
rummana, General Manager at Rummana Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear StefanLawrenson,

Our restaurant staff actually explain you nicely to understand the menu prices are subject to service charge and tax, Unfortunately you compared our prices to your budget hotel.
budget hotels, seven-eleven, stalls on the street should not have this supplement on your bill as you mentioned not seen anywhere else on your travelling in a month.

You came to our restaurant around 18:00pm. to order 2 pizzas and 2 bottles of mineral water
(240+240+25+25 = 530 plus 10% service charge at 53 & 7% Vat at 40.81 total THB 623.81.-)

19:30pm. completely finished nothing left on dishes. you checked and started to complain the charges and denied to pay at THB 93.81 (GBP1.7) our staff could not cope the situation, they had to call me to find a solution. I explained you nicely at first to understand these service charge and tax on restaurant bill as we never have any complaint by our guests. unfortunately you insist to compare to other budget hotels.
the next complaint was food after consumed completely finish and at the end of complaint was flashlight that I still can not understand this complaint as you came at 18:00pm sitting in front of the Green Bar to see menu and order.

I absolutely can waive either this small amount of THB 93.81 (GBP1.7) and your bill at THB 530 if you disappointed on food and service

Logically, time 18:00-19:30pm. for a lovely evening, unfortunately at the end of check spoiled you & your girlfriend to memorable island.

Sayan Srikan

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We booked 8 nights at Rummana after much research. A couple of days before we arrived, I looked at out confirmation and noticed there was some fine print at the bottom which said they were doing construction and that the pool would not be available. I immediately emailed them with concern asking what kind of construction as I was concerned with noise, didn't want to spend more than a week in a construction zone and was disappointed that the pool wouldn't be available. They responded right away and promised that the work was routine maintenance and would not be intrusive or loud. The pool thing was probably my own fault because I didn't notice it when we booked. When we arrived, we were happy with our welcome (a free shuttle picked us up at the airport) and the reception area but it quickly went downhill from there... We could not get a stable wifi connection in our room despite being told there was free wifi throughout the hotel. The person at the front desk said to use it in the lobby or restaurant and that the signal in the rooms was weak. The TV had a lot of channels but all were in Thai (that's understandable) and German (odd). We'd been in Thailand for over 2 weeks at this point and were familiar with which channels were typically in English. I'm not sure what the deal was with the TV there. The bathroom had these strange rocks all over the floor that weren't secured at all. I think they were going for a specific style but they didn't pull it off. Overall the room looked like they had a good plan but failed on the execution with a lot of the details or finishing touches missing. As expected, the pool area was totally closed off for construction. Not as expected however, the "routine maintenance" was actually construction all over the grounds. Many of the winding paths on the grounds were closed or portions blocked which made it hard to get to/from the beach and restaurant. I constantly felt like I was disturbing the workers. After an hour or so we decided that since we would be on Koh Samui for 8 days, we didn't want to spend it at Rummana. Especially since it wasn't priced cheaply. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't expensive but definitely not worth what we were paying. We found a new hotel and explained to the manager why we wanted to leave. He was nice enough but would not refund our pre-paid stay although they did give us a free ride to the new hotel (which was MUCH better, Muang Samui Suites). We ended up disputing the charge with the credit card company and getting our money back since the hotel was clearly not as advertised. One thing that Rummana did have going for it was that the beach looked very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Attauer
rummana, General Manager at Rummana Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Attauer,

I normally do not response to client's reviews as I understand that both negative and positive comments are valuable we always share the reviews to our staff in order to improve a better services on their job description but your comments yesterday, 20/04/2014 stayed last year on October 2013 (28/09/2013-06/10/2013) I have to correct and update information below.

1. Renovation of swimming pool : We informed to all partners both online & offline travel agents dated 03 July 2013 to fully renovate swimming pool from 15/09/2013 ending, before 15/10/2013 additional notice on hotel facebook as well. we provided and offered a free shuttle bus to Lamai city hourly, the discount at 30% on food & beverages and at 50% discount for all spa packages during renovation of swimming pool.

2. Wi-Fi internet : We've installed Wireless Access Point total 12 points in our resort. all access points are installed at outside of villas, lobby, restaurant available. the internet sometime disconnected if the electricity on island blackout for a while.

3. TV : BBC, Al Jazeera (English), DW (German), Rai (Italian), TV5MONDE (French), RT (Russian), Fox movie, True Sport, Discovery, Thai TV 3-5-7-9 channels.

4.Refund : We understood that special room rate offered on the period of renovation including extra services, the discount from 30-50% at our outlets were satisfied by our guests as there was no complaints on the said period. we were contacted by your credit card company to get the money paid back! to be honest, we can not refund the amount you consumed & stayed in complete holiday at Rummana.

Please accept our apologizes for any inconvenience caused on your holiday with us last year and I do hope the 2014 would bring you a pleasant year.

Sincerely yours,