1,377 results
All reviews hydro pool villa lookout bar deluxe jacuzzi steak night outdoor jacuzzi koh samui restaurants and bars small pool our honeymoon night market an upgrade beach front lovely beach egg station jang lamai resort
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

This is our second vacation in this hotel. Me and my family (wife and 4 children), stayed in this hotel at july 2017, and Aug 2018, for 2 weeks each time. The location is awesome !! The resort is on the beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in Thailand ! Sunday market is just as you go out from the lobby of the hotel. The rooms are great, they are big and there are many villas with private swimming pool. I stayed in one of those and they are great !! The beds are very comfortable ! The room and the hotel are very clean ! The stuff is the best you can get !!! They are very nice and they do everything to make sure you will have a great vacation ! The breakfast is excellent, near the beautiful Lamai beach !! One can tell that the management in this hotel is very professional!! Near by the hotel there is great restaurant called Potato !! The guests of the hotel have discount at this restaurant, and it is a really good one !
We came back again after one year and we will definitely will come back again !!!

Stayed: August 2018
Terry L, Front Office Manager at Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Yaniv M,

We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us again and enjoyed your experience. Our team members were extremely happy to receive your shared comment regards of our services and facilities provided. We would like to express our gratitude to thank you so much for staying with us.

We will continue to aim on offering you the best experience given the chance to serve you again in the near future. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we certainly hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Do not hesitate to contact us at your convenient for any further inquiries

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Had 2 rooms in the resort and had an excellent time.
The staff are exceptional from check in to check out the best service I have had in Thailand.
Balcony room nice with an outdoor bath- quite a bit of noise from the neighbors.
Hydro plunge pool room very big but a little dark.
Location ok 5-10 minute walk from anything in Lamai.
Would stay again at the right price- as the staff make the hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Itchyfeet73255103

Dear Itchyfeet73255103,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It will be a highlight for me to share your comments with our team members – they all work very hard to ensure our guests comfort. We have received so much glowing feedback regarding our services and facilities is defiantly a star! We will continue to aim on offering you the best experience given the chance to serve you again in the near future.

Thanks

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I spent 3 nights in Pavilion Samui, opting for the Double Room with Jacuzzi, when it was available at a good rate.

The stay was a beautiful experience - the rooms are decorated in a slick, cool way, the bathroom is extremely clean, the bed extremely comfortable, you can regulate most lights in the room right from the bedside controls.
The balcony is offering a gratifying view at the jungle-covered mountain north of Lamai. Little drawback: below the balcony is a glass ceiling, that is covered with dust and could get some cleaning. But nothing is ever perfect in Thailand.
Both the room and the balcony with view gave me smiles every day.

The beach is absolutely beautiful and very clean, there is a bar serving drinks, everything in a nice design. The water isn't very deep initially, but if you walk in the shallow water, it gets deeper after a few metres. Also, there's no pebbles or so on the sea floor (but corals, see below), so very beautiful.

The best part is the breakfast - there is a wide selection of very tasty dishes, waiters bring you cappucino or other services to your table, you can order Omelettes. Having breakfast here always gave me a smile in the morning.

The staff is very friendly. At one point in time I had an accident while swimming (I was being careless, swimming into the area where corals are growing), and the staff was very caring and gave me a free ride to the hospital just to be safe, and asked me for my well-being repeatedly.

The only room for improvement is the jacuzzi - there was an issue where it wasn't possible to let the water flow out again. It took the hotel until the next day to fix it. Also operating the jacuzzi is complicated - at one point in time, there was an enerving noise in my room, which was related to the jacuzzi. It took me 3 minutes of trying all knobs until the sound went away.
Since I didn't choose the room for the jacuzzi, that doesn't get a point off in my review. Just want to mention it here.

The rooms itself are across the street from the hotel, and throughout the day and evenings there is an employee making sure guests can cross the street safely.

Lamai shops are in walking distance (5 minutes and you are where the action is, if you want to), which is also a great plus. Lamai offers great options for both Western and Thai food, including one place with great live-music (albeit drinks/food at high prices, almost Western level).

When walking from my room to the beach, I passed by the more expensive rooms (Bungalows, Villas), but at no point in time I felt like missing out on something, because my own room was just beautiful. There are a few amenities I didn't mention because I didn't use them.

I totally enjoyed the stay and consider it a great experience!

Room Tip: In this hotel, I expect all rooms to be very good.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Christophk976,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments here on the much frequented travel forum. I am pleased to hear you felt the resort was amazingly beautiful and I appreciate your favorable opinion. It will be a highlight for me to share your comments with our team members – they all work very hard to ensure our guests comfort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort in the future

Best regards

Reviewed 8 August 2018

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 1 week in July. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted with a cold flannel and juice which was a very nice touch - however we had to put down a deposit fee on a credit card, which was new to us as we had not done that before. We asked why but due to the language barrier there was not much answer. Nevertheless we obliged and this was soon forgotten.

We were shown our room, and at first glance the room was lovely however the view was not. We asked to change and were accommodated with a new room straight away. The room was spacious, clean and the jacuzzi bathtub on the balcony was an awesome touch! Room cleaned every day, fresh water and towels if you request them, bed was massive and comfortable too.
The amenities in the hotel are really good too, pool and beach bar which are always tidy and the staff are really friendly. The location of this hotel is good too- as my partner and I like a bit of quiet but also like to be able to do things in the evening - this was great for us as its on the corner of the strip where you find all the restaurants and literally on the corner of the Sunday night market.

If I were to travel to Lamai beach I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony - we loved it.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Megantownend,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as our services provided. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.

With reference to our new implementation of policy, a valid credit card is required during at check-in for incidentals charges of THB 3,000.-Thai Baht per room. If a guest is paying cash, a cash deposit of THB 3,000.-Thai Baht per room is acceptable. Thus rendering the balance available again, anytime from one to seven business days after its departure depending on the bank's policy.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

My friend and I traveled to Koi Samui in August for 5 days and stayed at this hotel.

Pros: Room was lovely twin, well decorated. Breakfast buffet was delicious. Beach view is pretty, with opportunities to jet ski. Located in a easily navigated part of the city, close to shops and restaurants. Concierge was very helpful with good customer service.

Cons:
1) They had an offer for buy 1 massage get 1 free. I bought two massages and was told by spa concierge that my 2 free massages had to be consecutively scheduled on the same day. I complied with this but still got a bill for one of the free massages. When I brought this up at checkout, the concierge called the spa who kept offering reasons why I was charged, even though I explained about the offer. I was told I could speak to the manager, but I had to leave for my flight, so I just paid the charge. They did take the cost of a Fanta from the minibar off my bill (but the massage obviously cost more). What's even more infuriating is that the area is surrounded by massage parlors that ask 200-500 baht, whereas every massage in the spa at the hotel is 1000 baht or above. So I recommend not wasting your time with the spa there, although the massage was quite good.

2) My friend ordered a burger cooked medium well at the bar and it came back pink and uncooked in the middle. She showed this to the waiter who said it was carrots in the patty (which were present...but were orange) and that if he took it back the chefs would not cook it more. He recommended that in future we order Thai food, which would be better cooked by the chefs. This was NOT acceptable to us, but it was our last day and we were getting ready to leave. My friend still had to pay for the burger. While breakfast buffet was delicious, dinner was passable; order Thai food! I would recommend eating outside the hotel actually for lunch and dinner. We went to an amazing Indian restaurant!

3) While the cocktails tasted good, they didn't taste very alcoholic. So I started ordering shots. I took 3 shots of Bacardi consecutively and was able to walk in a straight line, which has never happened to me before. I would recommend buying alcohol from the airport and then going to 7eleven and buying some mixers so you can actually get a buzz that will also be cheaper.

If I ever return to Thailand, I would stay at a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Terry L, Public Relations Manager at Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear annamathew2525,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay.

While I was happy to read how the services provided by our staff have been well received. I was disappointed with the feedback regarding the misleading information of SPA as well as the food dining.

I have reviewed your comment and would like to extend our apologies if the team providing inaccurate information, which unfortunately lead to such disappointment.

Our culinary team always go out of their ways to cater to all food restriction of our guests. I am sorry that the preparation for your is not what you expected. I have addressed your concerns with the team respectively.

I was also very concerned you were so disappointed that the services provided from our restaurant staff were unsatisfactory. I am saddened to read that this impacted your stay and left a negative overall experience.

I am delighted to know however that you would still consider returning and I would be happy to personally assist with the arrangement to ensure a more memorable experience for your next booking.