All reviews out of the way lovely castle nice pool enjoyed our stay horse stables be careful comfortable beds high end dinner english poland spa wedding grounds surroundings horses polish
Reviewed 14 August 2017

What a glorious location, what a sense of history. The staff was helpful and attentive, the castle beautiful. And the gardens surrounding the castle were a pleasure for strolling. Further afield, there were numerous hiking and bicycling trails meandering through the lush forests. And the indoor swimming pool is a pleasure, with a wonderful view out onto the garden. And to start each day, there is an abundant breakfast buffet. I'll definitely return . . . .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tomasz K, Dyrektor generalny at Zamek Kliczkow Centrum Konferencyjno-Wypoczynkowe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for recent visit to Kliczków Castle Hotel&Conference Centre and for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn that your stay at the hotel was a pleasent one and you took advantage of so many ways to enjoy the short break at our Castle.

Once again thank you for coming and I hope that we will have a pleasure to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Looked fabulous according to the photos but they waited until well after I booked with them to discover that they were overbooked and cancelled my reservation. Computers reservations are used to prevent this problem.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel that will honor the agreement made at booking.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Tomasz K, Dyrektor generalny at Zamek Kliczkow Centrum Konferencyjno-Wypoczynkowe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for leaving your comment on TripAdvisor regarding the Kliczkow Castle.

Once again please except our apologies for not being able to accommodate you during the perffered time. I certainly hope that you will use get in touch on the next occasion when plannig a visit in the neighberhood. Please feel free to contact me directly via private channels.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Returning from an almost week long stay at Kliczkow Castle I realised I had left a skirt in my room. I right away sent an email (in English) asking the staff to please look for my skirt and, if possible, to return it. No reaction. A week later I repeated my request, this time using Kliczkow Castle’s own contact form. No reaction. I then asked a Polish friend to call: no one picked up the phone. A third request for contact has not been answered yet. So be careful. The castle is nice enough, but do not count on any service once you have paid your bill.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the ancient part of the castle, near the dining rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Tomasz K, Dyrektor generalny at Zamek Kliczkow Centrum Konferencyjno-Wypoczynkowe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Malina,

Thank you for taking time and reviewing your stay at Zamek Kliczkow at TripAdvisor.

I appreciate the comments and I hope that the arangments in the private correspondence regarding sending your lost property has met your expectaions.

Once again thank you for your stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I simply love Kliczkow Castle. We had our wedding there in December 2016, and both my husband and I, also our guests - we all thought it is a brilliant place. The grounds are beautiful, throughout the whole year. Obviously in spring/summer time there is more to do, but I loved our winter wedding.
Very friendly staff, however they don't speak fluent English, but you can get by! Luckily I speak Polish. They are attentive, however we had a small glitch on the day of our arrival - there wasn't enough staff to serve to our big group.
The rooms are nice and clean, we stayed in the Emperors Apartment, which was amazing. Very spacious and comfortable.

The food is amazing- the head chef - Lucas is brilliant - serves high end, gourmet food with the traditional, Polish feel - which is great!
Zenek - restaurant manager, does a really good job, and his extensive knowledge of wines is very useful - he will match a perfect wine with your dish!
We stayed there for 5 night and sampled a large portion of the menu, and we found it to be forest class. Really looking forward to Lukas' steak in two weeks time.

We had two event organisers provided by the hotel - Mrs Edyta Leszczynska -Karbowska, was the first one, she did the majority of work, and was really thorough and helpful - we swapped probably hundreds of emails. Unfortunately she was taken ill and had to be replaced in the last few months leading to the wedding. The next lady was good - Joanna- but unfortunately not as capable or experienced as Edyta. They didn't put out chairs for the wedding ceremony, even though my husband (to be, at the time) had asked her several times. Not sure where the problem was, but it created very stressful situation. In the end my husband and and his father had to step in and do it! Not something you would expect to be doing just before your wedding ceremony.

We also stayed there for New Year's Eve Ball - Sylwester - we had 6 places purchased, yet when we arrived there was a table with just 5 places waiting for us. It wasn't a big deal, as the staff quickly sorted that out, but it was not as smooth as expected. Food, again was excellent. Wasn't sure about the band - but it might be personal taste.

All in all it's a great place, and i hope situations described above will be taken into account by management to improve service.
We will definitely be back to Kliczkow as both love it.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Lovely castle stay. Our room was very spacious, the bathroom was quit large. The beds were 2 twin beds that reminded us of toddler beds. Very small and short with wooded side rails that my husband and I both hit our knees on. The lobby is not very appealing, no sitting area. The sitting area we did find had very dirty worn uncomfortable furniture. Lovely dining room. Small bar area.

Stayed: May 2017