We stayed at the Alimounda Mare between 16-20 September.
Overall, it is a very nice hotel located only a few minutes from the port of Pigadia which offers a veriety of nice restaurants and small shops.
We stayed at an upgraded room on the 2nd floor which has a nice view of the beautiful sea and pool. The room was quite big, comfortable and quite clean. The TV is hidden behind the mirror. A nice gimmick, but not very practial because it can be watched only when the room is totally dark. The TV remote control also didn't work very well.
The staff is very kind, especially at the reception desk and the restaurant. Breakfast was very good with a nice variety of good food.
We took three different treatments at the spa which were also very good. However, we were dissapointed to find out that any use of the spa facilities, such as the jacuzzi, costed 10€ even for visitors using the spa for treatments which are not very cheap, as well.
The gym has a few facilities, some of them could use better maintanance and repair.
Although a lovely hotel, it has several additional problems.
First, it has a very strict towels' policy which doesn't allow the visitors to use towels from the rooms at the beach and pool. Although this policy might be justified, one cannot understand why the hotel's visitors must go through the spa located on the bottom floor in order to get a towel to be used at the pool and beach. A possible solution could be to offer towels at the entrance to the pool.
Last but not least, I was surprised to find out (following a security problem with my credit card) that the copies of the visitors' credit cards taken for security reasons are kept unlocked in drawers at the reception. I was told that the reception is never kept unattended, but I still find it irresponsible that such sensitive materials are kept unlocked.
In sum, nice hotel, but they have to go the extra mile to deserve the 5-stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alimounda Mare is a newly built luxurious 5-star hotel with 244 guestrooms and suites located on a quiet cove right on the beach, only a 5 minute walk to the harbor and the center of the town of Pigadia, the island’s capital, where you can find an array of shops, restaurants and bars. Situated only 15 km (30 minutes drive) from the airport, the hotel is ideal for families, couples and incentive groups, offering a comfortable and tranquil environment. The infinity pool offers Water Jets as well as a separate pool for the children just above the sandy beach. All guests are accommodated in elegant rooms (with sea view or side sea view), junior suites with mountain view and executive suites with direct sea view, and are offered a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival. Each unit is fully equipped with air-condition, satellite TV, telephone, internet connection, mini bar, tea/coffee facilities, bathrobes and slippers.The restaurant offers show cooking and fine Mediterranean cuisine in stylish dining surroundings, either buffet style or a’ la carte. Drinks and exotic cocktails can be enjoyed at the cocktail bar or the poolside bar with magnificent sea views. When longing for exercise there is a tennis court (5 minutes walking distance from the hotel), table tennis and a fitness room at your free disposal. The SPA will help you complete the feeling of wellbeing. Step into a world of ease, luxury and Greek hospitality at Alimounda Mare. Open from May to October it provides modern luxury accommodation, business- and leisure experiences. It's not just a place for people who love the sun, it’s also ideal for visiting some of the beautiful beaches and sites of the island, hiking in the mountains, diving in the crystal clear waters or just for enjoying the magnificent sunrise from your balcony only a few meters away from the sea. If in need of a quiet luxurious relaxation, Alimounda Mare is the ultimate venue for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alimounda Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alimounda Mare Hotel Karpathos Town (Pigadia)
- Alimounda Mare Karpathos, Greece