Pension RUT Formanovi(Stare Splavy)
Penzion Zuzana(Stare Splavy)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Na Plazi(Stare Splavy)
  • Pool
Hotel Passage(Stare Splavy)
Campsite Pohoda(Stare Splavy)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2016

This is now the 2nd time my family and I have been here. The first was back in summer 2014. I am afraid it has not gotten any better (maybe worse?) This time around they didnt provide any soaps or shampoo's, the towels were from 1971, went swimming in the indoor pool and they had no soap and broken sinks (at least the pool itself was clean and warm). Bfast buffet will not win any awards, but they do have a big carpeted room with kids toys, so if you have kids between 1-5, it is a nice little pit stop. But this place still has the amazing location, so I guess they cut all these other 'nice' things out. And the price wasnt crazy about 1,000czk per adult per night including bfast. And guess what, with little kids, we said it was worth being this close to the beach instead of walking an extra 15-20 mins each way. Will I go back? Probably not, unless the deals are super cheap, because the kids will be older we can afford to walk from farther away for an upgrade in quality.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Without a doubt the most controversial review I have ever written. Let me describe as a I feel it… Me, my wife, our 3,5 years old son and a small dog stayed at the Bezdez hotel 2 nights. Let me point out that it took me over 5 hours to get any accommodation (two days before we arrived). It was all full. So, we were lucky… We paid 2k for one night (incl. b-fast). Sleeping quality: not good quality of mattress. Room clean. Noisy people on the floor during the night. Excellent view from our balcony (forest view). Perfect parking (under trees on a private property in front of our hotel). Bfast = get it until 9am, otherwise overcrowded and the b-fast bar empty. Really not well organized… Quality of b-fast: NO fruit, just tomatoes and cucumber (in summer time!) Swimming pool ok. Unfortunately at the reception smoking area – and you can small it all over… Excellent location (close to mini golf and aqua park / beach in Staré Splavy). Friendly and helpful staff. Possible later check OUT. Wifi at the reception only (smoking area). Not at the bar / restaurant / rooms... My opinion: to be recommended, do not expect much; but location, balcony, view, parking are in a „good shape“. Recommendation for the hotel: with small changes might be much better results achieved…

Room Tip: Forest view balcony (not parking) recommended. B-fast between 7 - 8am, at 9am at latest!!! Smoking area at the reception...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2015

Well, Stare Splavy is a nice little beach resort located on the shores of Machovo jezero (on of the biggest and oldest ponds in the Czech Republic, currently used for vacation mainly.

The hotel itself probably used to be nice, but is a little bit worn out now. On the other hand the services are OK, staff is nice, etc. I would like to point out only one thing - a decent smell of cigarette smoke was present near the lobby and lecture hall.

I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It will not win any awards, but if you are with a family and traveling on a budget and want to be close to the beach, then this isnt a bad place. Though I wouldn't stay here more than a 2-3 nights.
Buffet breakfast is more than fine. Though the place has a very old feel, we were only in our rooms for sleeping. So if you plan on perhaps lounging around in the hotel this is not the place. But it is basically the closest hotel to the beach, so for the kids it was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel is set in the beautiful area very close to Machovo jezero and this is the best thing about this hotel. Unfortunately, the quality of the hotel is the same as the quality of hotels during the communist times. This comment applies to everything from the furniture, quality of service, food, swimming pool and sauna. Unless you want to experience a communist-style holiday I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business