“A bit dissapointing”

Hotel Bezdez Stare Splavy
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Stare Splavy
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We just spent a week at hotel Bezdez during a training camp. We were a total of 46 people. The hotel is large and fit all of us on the same floor. All in all the hotel is average. On the most negative side was indoor smoking, the breakfast and the wifi. It was extremely annoying to find people sitting in the reception smoking every day, discusting! The breakfast was not very good. Absolutely no vegetables, terrible dry bread and no müsli, no fruit juice. And finally the wifi is week and kept kicking us out.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 November 2016

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It is "retro-style hotel", i.e. it was built more than 40 years ago. Rooms are very basic, but the staff keep it clean. Food choice is limited in the hotel. The biggest issue for us was the fact, that there is smoking area in the lobby and all the smoke goes around the hotel. Also in hotel bar there is allowed to smoke and no separate area for non-smokers.-((( Eventhoug the staff does it best, there are better places to stay such as Hotel Port, which is simply amazing!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2016

This is now the 2nd time my family and I have been here. The first was back in summer 2014. I am afraid it has not gotten any better (maybe worse?) This time around they didnt provide any soaps or shampoo's, the towels were from 1971, went swimming in the indoor pool and they had no soap and broken sinks (at least the pool itself was clean and warm). Bfast buffet will not win any awards, but they do have a big carpeted room with kids toys, so if you have kids between 1-5, it is a nice little pit stop. But this place still has the amazing location, so I guess they cut all these other 'nice' things out. And the price wasnt crazy about 1,000czk per adult per night including bfast. And guess what, with little kids, we said it was worth being this close to the beach instead of walking an extra 15-20 mins each way. Will I go back? Probably not, unless the deals are super cheap, because the kids will be older we can afford to walk from farther away for an upgrade in quality.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Without a doubt the most controversial review I have ever written. Let me describe as a I feel it… Me, my wife, our 3,5 years old son and a small dog stayed at the Bezdez hotel 2 nights. Let me point out that it took me over 5 hours to get any accommodation (two days before we arrived). It was all full. So, we were lucky… We paid 2k for one night (incl. b-fast). Sleeping quality: not good quality of mattress. Room clean. Noisy people on the floor during the night. Excellent view from our balcony (forest view). Perfect parking (under trees on a private property in front of our hotel). Bfast = get it until 9am, otherwise overcrowded and the b-fast bar empty. Really not well organized… Quality of b-fast: NO fruit, just tomatoes and cucumber (in summer time!) Swimming pool ok. Unfortunately at the reception smoking area – and you can small it all over… Excellent location (close to mini golf and aqua park / beach in Staré Splavy). Friendly and helpful staff. Possible later check OUT. Wifi at the reception only (smoking area). Not at the bar / restaurant / rooms... My opinion: to be recommended, do not expect much; but location, balcony, view, parking are in a „good shape“. Recommendation for the hotel: with small changes might be much better results achieved…

Room Tip: Forest view balcony (not parking) recommended. B-fast between 7 - 8am, at 9am at latest!!! Smoking a...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2015

Well, Stare Splavy is a nice little beach resort located on the shores of Machovo jezero (on of the biggest and oldest ponds in the Czech Republic, currently used for vacation mainly.

The hotel itself probably used to be nice, but is a little bit worn out now. On the other hand the services are OK, staff is nice, etc. I would like to point out only one thing - a decent smell of cigarette smoke was present near the lobby and lecture hall.

I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
0.2 km away
Pension RUT Formanovi
Pension RUT Formanovi
#1 of 7 in Stare Splavy

Been to Hotel Bezdez Stare Splavy? Share your experiences!