“A little racist service”
Review of Eden Resort & Spa

Eden Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Beruwala
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I just stayed at this hotel for two nights as a British Indian and felt the service was very poor in comparison to those who are caucasian. I asked for water or any other drinks and it took over 10 minutes to come and when I observed other caucasian people asking who were sitting in the same area and asked after me, they were served under 2 minutes. This happened every time we were having breaking and dinner.It did not make us feel comfortable and felt that we were out of place. The hospitality was average, it did not give a home welcoming in comparison to the hotels we stayed in other cities. It is a nice hotel for relaxation and they do have good daily activities.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank URVI P
Eden R, Manager at Eden Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Valued guest

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with us. Clearly we did not deliver as promised. We are very sorry to have failed you.

We have implemented corrective measures regarding the issues you escalated. We have a culture of constant improvement and feedback like yours helps us shape the way we do things. We want you to be satisfied with your transaction. I would like tosee you soon at Eden and please contact me bellow mail address if you wanted me to make any special arrangements prior to your arrival.
rm_theeden@brownshotels.com

Until then, please receive my most sincere apologies on behalf of everyone in the team.

Warm Regards
Prasanna De Alwis
Resident manager.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Recommend for best location to stay for short holiday for business people
and relax , good for family holiday and incentive tour. Swimming cleans are very good, breakfast and dinner was excellent spread is vey good

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Eden R, Manager at Eden Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest
Thank your for your extensive review on TripAdvisor of your recent stay with us at The Eden Resort & Spa. The team and I are very happy to see that the hotel has exceeded your expectations. I will share your comments with the kitchen brigade who are doing a great job!

Warm regards,
Prasanna De Alwis,

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

It’s a very nice and comfortable resort to spend your holidays with your family.
The rooms are very comfortable and it’s a busy hotel with a lot of rooms

The hotel has access to the beach from inside and they have a very large swimming pool. The restaurant offers good food and they are many other amenities like spa, gym, games rooms and a salon

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Subsat69

Dear Valued Guest
Thank your for your extensive review on TripAdvisor of your recent stay with us at The Eden Resort & Spa. The team and I are very happy to see that the hotel has exceeded your expectations. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our entertainment & sports facilities.

Warm regards,
Prasanna De Alwis,

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We stayed at the hotel for two weeks in September and thought it to be one of the best holidays we have ever experienced - even though we have visited Sri Lanka on previous occasions. Staff were a delight, the food and service were of excellent quality. We will certainly visit the Eden again. Our personal request to the Manager would be to thank all staff for a job well done.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nerjanits

Dear Valued guest

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback provided to us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to EDEN very soon and if I may assist you with anything, please email me directly at rm_theeden@brownshotels.com

Hope to see you soon.

Best Regards
Prasanna De Alwis

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Where do I start? After a very long journey, we arrived at Eden Resort and Spa. A lovely welcome by the check in staff with a lovely refreshing cocktail to quench our thirst. Our room was on the ground floor and it was a great location. Shan aka, who was our room attended ant, always had a smile and made our room up daily to a high standard. The differenr towel displays were always lovely to see. We got to know several of the staff, especially Lahiru, who worked at the poolside bar (as well as covering in many other departments). He was so friendly and helpful (a mangers in the making, I'm sure) Also, Brendon, the Food and Beverage Manager, was so lovely to chat to. We had the romantic meal in the Tree Hut which was amazing. Nothing was too much trouble for Lahiru and Brendon. I must admit, all the staff we met made us feel very welcome.
We booked a few tours from the boys on the beach. Patte and Lucky organised great trips for us at great prices. They took us where we wanted to go to. Our own private tours.
Absolutely fantastic holiday. Thank you

Room Tip: Pool bar side on the ground floor is great for access to pool, dining room, spa and beach
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yvonne0408

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for keeping confidence on The Eden Resort & Spa as your holiday destination. Many thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor as well.

I am delighted to see that the our high standard of customer service from managers to staff level have wowed you during your time with us. I do hope that the team and I have the opportunity to welcome you back to EDEN RESORT & SPA in the near future.

Bets regards

Prasanna De alwis
Resident Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beruwala
1.5 km away
The Palms Hotel
#4 of 11 in Beruwala
2.5 km away
AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa

Been to Eden Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!