We have visited the UK Center Parcs sites at Longleat & Elveden Forest in recent years and decided to try out a CP site on the continent this year. Our main reasons for going to De Kempervennen were the price and the on-site ski centre. We went in the October half-term week when a basic villa at Longleat would have been £1,000 from Mon-Fri whereas de Kempervennen was half the price (€550 = £500 approx.). The UK CP prices seem to have been increasing sharply in recent years so the continental parks become a better option even taking into account a ferry crossing and a tank of fuel for the drive. We booked ski lessons for our family (2 adults & 2 kids – 10 & 5 years old) at the ski centre, which ran for 1hr each day from Tue to Thu. The ski run is not that big (100m, gentle slope) but the centre was very well organised, the instructors were excellent and the kids really enjoyed their first taste of skiing.
Compared to Longleat, the de Kempervennen site was broadly similar but with a few plusses & minuses. On the down-side, the site feels a little old & tired in places and some of the features at a newer site like Longleat were missing – for example, there was no spa or branded restaurants (e.g. Strada). Also, the villas were not 100% clean (e.g. dusty under the beds), which wasn’t great and there was no oven (only a hob & microwave). Also, we would have preferred to be able to book our activities (“toppings”) online beforehand. We had a dinner at the Pizza & Pasta restaurant which was a bit disappointing. On the plus side, the site is flat (easier cycling for our 5-year old) and the animals on-site were a nice touch – our villa was close to the farm with its goats, donkeys & chickens. The CP staff were all really friendly and the organised entertainment in the central dome in the evenings was fun for the kids. The new Eden villas and boat-houses look to be a little more up-market and may be worth a try next time around.
But at half the price of the UK CP sites, we felt the CP experience at de Kempervennen was very good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven