This was our 2nd year running at Kempervennen Center Parcs & once again we had a brilliant time. 5 of us went - myself, my husband and our 3 children (ranging in age from 10 mths to 11 years), during the Feb half term holiday.
We stayed mid-week in a 3 bed Deluxe villa, situated by the lake. The accommodation was clean and well maintained and the extra toilet was appreciated.
To get the most out of the site it is advisable to hire bikes from the on-site shop. We were blessed with fantastic weather (yep in February!) and were out cycling each day.
Myself & the older 2 children went to ski school each morning, which was not only brilliant fun, but so cheap! £100 for all of us to have 4 days of 1 hr lessons (including all equipment & snowsuits).
The pool facilities are great & a big hit with the kids. The restaurants are good, but limited in choice if you are vegetarian (as we are). The on site supermarket catered sufficently for us. Unlike the UK, smoking was permitted in the public areas, which wasn't great, but not a huge issue.
Have recommended this parc to loads of friends. We are just about to book again for 2009.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven