We have just returned from a 6 night stay at Kempervennen. We opted to drive and went with Eurotunnel. The drive was extremely easy. The area is lovely and flat. Book in online as this is much faster. You get your keys in the car park and then drive to your designated parking area. Otherwise you have to get out at the main car park, queue at the main reception and then come back to your car.
Our main reason for choosing Kempervennen was for the ski dome. We had skiing lessons and my husband and son spent a further day practising. The entire experience was fantastic and the instructors were excellent. We would certainly recommend going here if you are a beginner or have children that love to ski.
The cottages are very basic but they have enough space and are set in a lovely wood environment. The kitchen is really well equipped with the essentials. Even had egg cups. There is no oven but there is a hob and microwave. The linen however leaves much to be desired. Each pack they charge you for online is per person and not per room. The pillows were awful, they are brown!! You need to buy your own toilet paper. Thankfully someone had left half a roll when we arrived.
The pool facilities were great and it never felt over crowded. The kid's club wannabe for kids was fantastic and a great price of 5 euro. There are various parks well kitted for the kids. Our kids are 2.5 and 5 so we could unfortunately not do many of the sports activities. Children have to be 8. But there was a great selection.
The main super market had most of what you would need with lovely ham, cheese and fresh bakery items. We did not think that it was overly expensive. Be warned that prices are exactly the same as in the UK.
Now...the restaurants. We went to the Pizza & Pasta restaurant and thought it was awful. If you do not mind thick based frozen pizza's then you will not be too disappointed. But we thought that as it was a restaurant they could have made the effort to make their own and not heat up frozen pizzas. (well that is what it tasted like) After that first impression we did not visit any of the other restaurants as they were pricey. We did however eat at the Montanna Snow Centre. They did lovely food but also at a price. Steak, salad, chips 18 Euro.
Cycling around is great as it is very flat. Go out of the 'camp' as the towns around are great and the roads have cycling paths next to them. Some of the paths even have their own traffic lights. Westerhoven has a lovely pub next to the church with a huge kids play area at the back. The landlady was extremely friendly and helpful and even rushed to the bakery up the road to get fresh pastries to go with our coffee. Nearly all the people we came in contact with were friendly and we were made to feel very welcome!
Overall we had a terrific holiday and would consider going back to practise our skiing and explore more of the areas around the 'camp'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven