We chose Kempervennen because it has a ski slope, is fairly easy to reach and is so much cheaper than UK Centerparcs. We were delighted with the position of our villa which had a lake view and was close to the farm, the sports centre and the aquadome. The villa was clean, spacious and well equipped. It wasn't one of the most modern but was fine for us. The farm was an enormous hit with our two grandsons aged 5 and 2 especially as the goats roamed around the site every day. Cycling was fun and easy and there are plenty of paths to explore. On the other side of the main road there are extensive cycle and footpaths if you want to spend time off site.The lakes and beaches are lovely and I imagine that in the summer you could spend most of your time there. The weather was fantastic so we didn't use the facilities as much as we might have done. The restaurants were a little more expensive than at Longleat and not terribly exciting so we self catered most of the time. On site shopping was not cheap and fairly limited so we cycled into the local town and shopped at the big supermarket. We will definitely go again, especially if the price differential remains so great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven