We stayed at this park in July 2008 for a quick 4 night break. We took the Dutch Flyer deal which included train journey from Norwich, to Harwich then Stena ferry to the Hook and onward train to any Dutch station.
From Eindhoven we took the bus and then a smaller mini bus which dropped us opposite the Center Parc's entrance.
We were a little dissapointed with our chalet, which smelt of stale cigarette smoke and, as someone else stated, the bed linen was in a bad state along with the very saggy mattress and sad old pillows.....and it was an executive chalet! The tiles in the bathroom were also a bit grubby which was a shame too.
We tried the restaurants but the food was awful. Really processed with some nasty spongy chicken which must have been reconstituted meat! We gave it another try in a different restaurant the next night, but it was equally bad. Unfortunatey all we had in the chalet was a hob and microwave, so we were a bit limited on what we could dream up ourselves.
The Ski Centre was brilliant, but unfortunately we only went there on the last night. The restaurant looked really good too and I am sure we would have given it a go if we hadn't already eaten that evening.
Overall the park was good, although we mainly used it as a base to go cycling from. As a previous reviewer stated, there are lots of great cycle paths all around the park and we brought some cycle maps to plan out routes. The small villages around were lovely and there were lots of places to stop for lunch with other groups of cyclists turning up to do the same. The Dutch are very friendly and the cycling is so easy and safe, so I would definitely recommend it for a family or couple who are keen on cycling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven