This was our second year at Center Parcs Kempervennen. We came for 4 nights last year and loved it so much we came again and stayed longer. We have 2 boys aged 15 and 12 and the holiday had something for all of us. The children have the freedom to go off to do sports, swim, cycle, we can catch up with them when we are ready - usually after leisurely reading the paper, drinking coffee and eating croissants.
The VIP Villa was really clean, we had our own sauna, flat screen tv, whirlpool bath and it was very comfortable. We had a 3 bed size villa which provides more space and we have learnt from past experience if the boys have their own rooms instead of sharing we have more peace!
Note there is no oven facilities, so if you are self-catering there is just a hob and microwave.
Fresh Bread was delivered to our door daily, usually a selection of rolls and croissants or current buns.
Eating out was not too expensive, but allow approx 20 euros per head. The Market Garden buffet provided a good selection of food to suit all of us, and the boys did not have to sit and wait to be served.
I had some excellent ski lessons in the Snow Dome with a fun tutor which made it easy to learn or improve. We all had a go on the Zip Wire (over water), Flying Fox Zip Wire (over land), and high ropes. You can book these in advance if you wish.
There is also a fantastic activity that you can book for children aged between 8 - 14 years which allows you to go down the rapides in the dome on boogie boards. The instructors were such fun and seemed to enjoy it all as much as the children.
The staff their are very helpful and friendly and all speak perfect English, I cannot praise them highly enough. They are just very natural and not over the top.
We had the basic Comfort Villa last year, which was just basic, but it was clean and had everything we needed. If you can afford to upgrade then do it but it is not absolutely necessary.
Last year we also went on a tour of the Eindhoven Stadium (30 mins away), the tour guide conducted the tour in English, and it is well worth doing if you have a sporting mad family.
Not too many Brit's but that may change if we keep raving about it. It is certainly cheaper to go here than Center Parcs in UK and we much prefer it here.
Go and enjoy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven