“Good but could be better”
Review of Hotel Porto Ligia

Hotel Porto Ligia
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lygia
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Our second visit to the hotel, having been there last year. I emailed them before I went and requested a certain room, which they gave me, which was great. The rooms are quite basis, furniture somewhat old and not enough coat hangers in the wardrobe. There was a room safe, free, but no instructions how to use it, so you need to contact reception for instructions. There were no instructions in the room about anything, air conditioning, which we didn't use, hotel facilities like breakfast times or rules of the hotel. You have to guess the reception number on the phone.
The bed is made of two single beds with an over mattress and was comfortable. Towels are changed every day, even if not used and linen every other day apart from the sixth day, which I suppose is understandable. The rooms are cleaned daily and it was very clean. Balcony seating is a bit uncomfortable but adequate.
The shower base is very slippy and the curtain flimsy and the bathroom extractor didn't work all the time, which was a nuisance. There where pigeons living on the roof and their droppings where a nuisance as they often covered the balcony floor. These need culling or something put up to stop them.
The lift was out of order for our total stay, our cases were carried up for us on our arrival and I was told to ring for them to be taken down when we left. I rang but nobody was available, so at 74 years old I had to carry heavy suitcases down two flights of stairs.
Breakfast was the usual Greek, quite a lot of choice, but the nearest they got to a warm option was cold hard boiled eggs.
The bar area seating was old and very uncomfortable, which was a shame. The pool was cold, too cold for me to get in and the sunbeds had seen better days, some on the grass area were split. One thing they got me for was they provide towels for the sunbeds, which I had one morning and only used them for an hour as we thought we were going out in the afternoon. We changed our minds and I went for more towels in the afternoon. I received a lecture on only being allowed one towel per day, although there was nothing to say this was the rule. I was given a terse warning, although this was the only day I had used this service. Obviously they are not carried over if you don't use them. Some reception was friendly, some was miserable, maybe end of season blues.
We bought a lunch there on our first day and I had a club sandwich. My advice is don't buy a club sandwich, it was horrible.
Behind the hotel was a major building operation which stated at 7:30 every morning, including Sunday, until late afternoon. Heavy earth moving equipment moving big stones and boulders. This was very annoying and wants stopping during the holiday season. It was happening 18 months ago and they are no nearer finishing now than they were then. Somebody told us whoever is doing it want to by the hotel land and they are not building anything, just causing noise to get their way. I'm not sure if this is true, but it is a real nuisance and somebody needs a good kicking.
Generally the hotel is good, Ligia is quiet and not many places to eat and what restaurants there are are spread out. Would I go back again, probably, not the best hotel I've stayed in but the views are spectacular.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidandninads2016

Reviewed 15 September 2017

the four of us kate lyn chris and john booked this hotel through olympic last year we enjoyed it so much we returned this year , once again we had a great time ,everything about this hotel is good good clean rooms,good breakfast,sunbeds always available around pool ,or on the grass or beach with great views,good tavernas a short stroll away with lovely greek food,you can get buses right outside hotel to most parts of the islandthey are very easy to use ,the staff are excellent every person working in hotel are brilliant cant do enough for you they really want you to have a good time.

Room Tip: sea view rooms have great views with balcony
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Excellent location and a memorable view. Located at a beautiful bay, small but an ideal spot if you're interested for a relaxed and comfortable stay. Great for couples & families. Good service and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Family rooms are only with mountain views. Sea view would be preferable!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LydiaMastrou
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

The Porto Ligia Hotel is the perfect solution to stay in Lefkada, the hotel overlooks the bay and the view is very beautiful with the possibility of do the bath from beach private. the staff is very kind and the service more that discreet.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

nice hotel, by the sea, with romantic view from our sea view room, nice service and breakfast, that you could take it outdoors looking at the passing by yaughts , many of them.... Relaxing sunbeds where you can also have your nap or read a book, swimming either using the pool or into the clear sea waters only wearing special shoes...because of the sea urchins.
very closed to the hotel there are many fish taverns , walking places and a small fishing port . its so peaceful....and it is worth for its money. I could stay there for a week...

Room Tip: a sea view room at the upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lygia
1.7 km away
8.2 km away
Palmyra Hotel
Palmyra Hotel
#1 of 14 in Nidri

Been to Hotel Porto Ligia? Share your experiences!