“Perfect place for dinner and chill out”
Review of Taverna Kanioria

Taverna Kanioria
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Lygia
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: "Kanioria" is a family restaurant located at the seafront.Nothing can be compared with dining at such a peaceful and beautiful place. Olive oil and fresh ingredients are used for our recipes. Try locally caught fish at reasonable prices here. House and regional wines are excellent. Dessert is always available.
Reviewed 24 November 2017

We were encouraged to visit this restaurant by our travel mates and I must say that was one of the most beautiful places where I had a chance to eat dinner in Greece.
So peaceful and quiet. Dishes are delicious and dessert for good bye- heavenly good <3

The owners treated us very kindly. Thank you!

1  Thank Kamila W

Reviewed 3 October 2017

After many years me and my girlfriend visited Lefkada again in September. Taverna Kanioria was recommended to us and we gave it a try. Away from the main road and next to the sea is a great spot to enjoy your lunch and dinner. The food was amazing. From the bread they bring at the start to the dessert you will not leave disappointed. We had sardines and their salad for starters and for mains we got octopus with pasta and cuttlefish with pasta cooked with the ink. I am Greek and have to mention that these dishes are not easy to find and also if you find then they do not taste always nice. You need to know how to make them and I can assure you they made them really nice. The portions are big and the prices very normal. Do not get stuffed with starters else you will not has space for the mains. I recommend this place and you should give it a try!

1  Thank copernic2012
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Theodore knows his food and drink very well. He is worth listening to for advice on what to eat and drink. He shops daily for ingredients so that the food is as fresh as it can be. At home I normally catch and cook my own fish so I asked to see what they had before they cooked it and I can confirm that the fish were freshly caught.
The location is perfect for a romantic meal. No traffic noise, no loud music, just the sound of gently breaking waves.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

This family Taverna does not only have a great location on the shore of the sea, it is also well known for the friendly people. Try the best Stifado of the Island, or the meat balls on a tomato sauce or the always fresh fish. Don’t miss the dessert on the house which is yammie… It’s a great place with great people and tasty food. We eat there in the last 4 years and we will continue to do so.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the most charming evenings at the tavern. The house wines are really good, the food amazing and the tavern owners are warm and welcoming.