“The most relaxing place on earth ”
Review of Grand View Hotel

Grand View Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Megalochori
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Stunning sunset views, Thanos and his team go the extra mile and give fabulous customer service, the cleaners were excellent, pool bar food is delicious never needed to go elsewhere for lunch and the rooms are lovely especially Jacuzzi suite.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for our annual European Network meeting. The hotel is extremely (well) located, with permanent sea views. Nice pool and bar/ restaurant facilities. We took the room with jacuzzi and balcony at sea side. No gym facilities, but extremely friendly staff! Not cheap, but romantic (sunset is a must see overhere) and cosy place! Really worth a visit!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights here in room 15 and could not have been happier! Thanos and his team were super friendly and accommodating. As this was on very tail end of a 4 week trip, I had not planned it very well. I emailed at 7pm about 2 hours before my arrival to ask about an airport shuttle and received a prompt email within about 10 minutes from Evangelos to confirm my pickup. He then greeted me upon arrival at the facilities and gave me a brief tour and led me to my room. I had room 15 which overlooked the volcano and was clean, tasteful, and beautiful. The food there was amazing too! I ordered the chicken skewers one night and finished everything on my plate. Thanos was also very helpful in providing tips on navigating the bus system and finding my way around Megalocholori and let me stay and use the facilities after the 12pm check out since my flight was later in the evening. It's not centrally located to Fira or Oia, but bus stops aren't very far away and the ride to Fira was about 25 min. I would definitely return here and recommend this place to anybody!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2017

What a wonderful place and what wonderful people there to help us enjoy our holiday.
We spent a week at Grand View and from the moment we were picked up at the airport to the moment we were dropped back there a week later we were looked after impeccably. Thanos was so welcoming and always had time for us – helping to hire cars and book restaurants and trips, pointing out the best places to go and generally being an all round nice man. Evangelos, on duty in the afternoon and evenings has followed in his footsteps. Vagellis tells awful (but funny) jokes, cooks great meals in a tiny space and looked after us while we sat by the pool in the day and when we came back in the evening. Sophia’s breakfasts are amazing and she is such a friendly and lovely lady.
As you can tell we loved the people who made our time at Grand View so wonderful. But, that is only part of why we enjoyed ourselves. Perched on the top of the cliffs overlooking the Caldera with a fantastic view of the sunset, the hotel is home from home. We had one of the smaller rooms but even that had a private area to sit and stare at the view and it was close to all the facilities. The hotel is set away from the busy spots on the island and was so quiet at all times of the day. Having said that, nothing is too far way if you hire a car, which was organised by Thanos, and we had an enjoyable couple of days exploring. The village of Megalochori is a short stroll away with lovely restaurants in a pretty village setting and the local winery with guided tours and tastings is even closer – perfect!
All in all, a wonderful place to stay for a restful holiday which it was a real wrench to leave. We don’t often go back to the same place twice, but we would come back here in a flash.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Where do we begin?!? Upon arrival we were greeted by the hotel manager. His energy was infectious. He was so warm and welcoming. He was very informative about the island and its many excursions. We also had the pleasure of dining at the hotel (multiple times). This is because the chef is literally world class. Every dish (and we tried many) felt personalized and was so delicious. I can't say enough about this hotel. My husband would is a photographer raved over the views and the sunset (hence the title). When we visit Santorini again, there's no question where we will stay. The Grand view where the view is GRAND owes us nothing!

Room Tip: Room with a jacuzzi.