“Appalling service”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: phone 07 5447 1666
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

My friend and I were keen to have dinner at Krung Thep Thai. But upon walking in we were flatly ignored by the wait staff. Even when my eyes met the wait staff they did not acknowledge my presence. After a 10 min wait we left. I noticed many uncleared tables around the restaurant, tables waiting for food and a big group who had obviously been waiting for their table for a while.

I have since spoken to others (including locals) who avoid this restaurant having had a similarly bad experience with the service.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

We had a family dinner here. Nearly 90 minutes later we had no meals and only one drink. The food was good, very tasty but no service. Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Dined at Krung Thep Thai restaurant on April 15. Comfortable seating. Excellent service. Wonderfully tasty Thai food at moderate prices. I recommend the roast duck curry with a dessert of sticky black rice. Delicious. So too was my partner's chicken and vegetables with satay sauce. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant many times over the years and decided to take a friend there for dinner . We ordered fish cakes and dim sims for entree and we were served rubber circles and frozen dim sims from coles. I hoped that the main would be better but unfortunately it wasn't . It was horrible and very disappointing . We will not be back and would suggest other people steer clear unless you are happy with very average food.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

It's very evident why the locals don't dine here. Stupidly overpriced for extremely average Thai. Terrible waiting service (back packers) with ridiculously slow service. What a shame, as the interior is decorated beautifully. What should be an authentic experience ruined with transient German back packers serving us.