1,170 results
All reviews golf course junior suite golf break two double beds peppa pig world leisure club tennis courts leisure facilities steam room main restaurant round of golf changing rooms paultons park relaxing stay driving range public areas play golf
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

A great test of golf and excellent hotel. With good weather this takes some beating. We played two rounds while the ladies visited Winchester and the New Forest. Ideally located close to the M27 with access via the M3 or A3 from London. We enjoyed excellent service in the restaurant with our group 24 strong so well done! Breakfast also well set up with plenty to choose from. Bedrooms very clean and to a good standard. If you’re looking for a good weekend for golf or with couples so highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is a weird one - hotel was great just niggly little things that let it down otherwise would have been a 5 star rating.

Easy check in. Friendly hotel staff and good breakfasts. The hotel has a good pool and jacuzzi with a sauna. All were clean and great to use. The fitness suite is also a good size with very good equipment. All the facilities are on the 4th floor including the diner/bar and diner.

Our room was a triple family room on the 4th floor. The fold up bed for our 4 yr old wasn't in the room when we checked in and because the room was small when I rang down to reception they asked what time to bring it up. They didn't bring it up at the time stated and we did have to call for it. But staff were friendly and made the bed quick.

Beds were made every morning but tea and milk etc were not topped up on a daily basis. We did have to go down and ask twice during or 2 night stay for tea and milk and new cups. But again when we did we got extras.

Breakfast was brilliant. Fruit. Cereals, pastries, bread and full English choices available. We went for a swim each morning before eating and I used the fitness suite as well. Very clean and great facilities. Being on the 4th floor was so convenient. Our daughter got a little colouring activity pack as well to keep her entertained.

Hotel is clean but I wasn't so sure on the decor...wasn't sure if it was attempting to be vintage or classic as some of the furniture was a bit dated. But there was a huge free view TV and an empty fridge so we were able to store fridge items during our stay. Clean bathroom but again - soap and toiletries weren't topped up on a daily basis but otherwise fantastic hotel and I would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

One night family stay. We enjoy this hotel and will stay here again. It was warm. Rooms would benefit from some air con. Windows on a governor so don't open fully. If you fancy a port with your cheese....you can't. It's not stocked. Which for an international chain is a bit weird! All in all a nice stay. Friendly staff, good food and a nice pool. Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We stayed for one night in transit, as a major travel agent and using Marriott on a daily basis I was certainly expecting more from this property sadly this was not the case. Reception and check-in was not acceptable, took forever to check in even at 8.00pm at night. We went to the bar for drinks, dirty tables, no atmosphere, but very nice barman. Restaurant food very average, and service diabolical, the funniest thing being was we ate off of the Al La Carte menu, but I really wanted the dessert of the set menu to be told NO, my response bring really are you jo, Eh no you can’t have it, why I asked Chef does not allow it, my response was looking at all the empty tables in the restaurant think you need to sell what you can. I said you can charge me £10 if you want but I want that dessert, after another long discussion I eventually got the dessert. The restaurant seemed to have only golfing people in. Room was ok even after upgrading to a Suite ! The icing on the cake was breakfast what a complete joke, I went at 9.30 upon arriving at the restaurant we were greeted by all the staff stood talking who all completely ignored us. So I found my own table, the buffet was deplete of fresh items, having waited at least 4 mins at egg station to no avail decided to forget it. All chafing dishes were mostly empty and dried up, and they wanted to charge £ 16 ( or £18 sorry can’t quite remember ) staff looking at their watches all the time not a good experience at all. Complete waste of money.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Emily H, Manager at Meon Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear absolutevenues,

Thank you for your recent review of Marriott Meon Valley.

I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience with us.

I please ask you to contact me directly so we can resolve the issues in which you faced.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Emily Houghton
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Emily.houghton@marriotthotels.com

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Stayed here twice this year once with my husband and once with a large group. The hotel is very comfortable and rooms are a good size. There is not really a communal lounge area but you can have a drink in the bar. Drinks are VERY expensive- glass of rose £11. On the plus you can take a bottle of white as there is a fridge in all rooms. Food was good with a really wide variety at breakfast so the B&B option is good value.We played golf and the courses are inter interesting but I would recommend a buggy if you on holiday.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple