“Excellent curry, nice service”
Review of Tandoori Nite

Tandoori Nite
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Birchington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

With friends who are regulars. Tried the fish curry special as my mate recommended it. Superb, wouldn’t normally deviate from chicken or lamb but glad I tried something different. The owner very much involved in service. I can see why my friends are regulars.

They do takeaway as you would expect, lots of people waiting for their food. Restaurant full so would recommend booking Friday and Saturday.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

This used to be a lovely restaurant, but I’m afraid it’s gone down hill now, the lamb used to be tender, now it’s tough and full of veins, the chicken used to be nice cuts not it tastes as if it’s from Iceland, you used to get a nice fresh onion salad with the popadums with fresh coriander, cucumber and tomatoes, now you get onions with a bit of curry power thrown it, will not be returning, there only busy because it’s the only one in the village, I’d advise anyone to travel to the town to find a decent curry

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Celebrated Grandad's birthday here. It was reasonably priced for 4 people. Glad we didn't eat starters as the portions were massive. The popadom, naan bread and everything was made out of scratch it was delightful. The restaurant was clean and modern. Cant fault the staff members they were exceptionally polite and professional. We had lamb byriani, prawn tikka masala, chicken korma and coconut rice. The best coconut rice i have ever had for sure. The onion bhajis are to die for! Defiantly will come back. Thank you!

1  Thank Pesti A
Reviewed 15 October 2018

This indian restaurant has been our local for a few years but the new chefs just brought it to a new level. They now serve fish including sea base with a lovely mild spice seasoning. My wife thought it was great and something different. I had a chicken shatkora, a new one on me but with a strong citrus flavour that was great and again different. This place has certainly upped its game but not its prices.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Very easy to order online and the order was ready for pick up at precisely the time stated. The order was labelled and all correct. My Prawns as a starter were rather tough, and one of our number started choking as he had eaten a whole chilli, without realising it, and could not get his breath! Had that happened to me, I would have been in trouble, so I am somewhat wary now.

Date of visit: October 2018