My husband and I travelled to the Seychelles to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
The first week we visited Denis Island, wonderful see seperate review, and the second week we visited The Banyan Tree. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor we were a little concerned that we had booked the wrong hotel. However, prior to our visit we contacted Banyan Tree directly, and after a very quick response to our queries via e-mail, we decided that we would go ahead with our planned visit.
Well, we were not disappointed at all!
We booked an Intendance Pool Villa which was amazing, but our villa had the most fabulous views over the beach and the surrounding hills.
From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we were treated like VIP's by all the staff, who seemed to know that the purpose of our visit was for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
In Villa Dining was extra special, always first rate and delivered at the expected time.
The restaurants are all very good, but on one or two occasions there was a short delay in being offered a drink or for the order to be taken. But overall the service was very good.
Our 25th Wedding Anniversary celebration was truly amazing. We had the In Villa BBQ. Everything was set up by the staff to provide a very romantic atmosphere with candles all around the pool area, and our covered dining area was set out with beautiful table linen and seat covers which would not have been out of place for a wedding!
The service provided by our butler for the evening was first rate, he was very entertaining but very discreet!
Our Whole day was very special and I don't think that we could have had a better celebration anywhere, the Banyan Tree staff went out of their way to make sure that everything was perfect for us....... and it was!
We enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend the Hotel to anyone who enjoys peaceful surroundings in a very beautiful part of the world, with great service and customer care and facilities to ensure a perfect holiday.
The value was only rated slightly lower because of the high price of the drinks. But this is not unique to the Banyan Tree, drinks in the Seychelles are very expensive.
The sleep quality also rated slightly less because of the very firm mattress!!!
Overall, our time spent at Banyan Tree was truly magical, ok some things around and about may be looking a little tired, but certainly not to the detriment of the guests, and I do think some of the criticisms on Trip Advisor are a little harsh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Seychelles offers an intimate retreat experience featuring its own signature blend of romance, rejuvenation and exotic sensuality. The philosophy behind the resort is based on providing a place for rejuvenation of the body, mind and soul – a sanctuary for the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Banyan Tree Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Seychelles Hotel Mahe Island
- Banyan Tree Seychelles Mahe Island