US$121
US$73
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

Charlotte Villa(Takamaka)(Great Value!)
US$167
Lialdomaison(Takamaka)
TripAdvisor
1,261 results
All reviewsbeachfront villathai restaurantour honeymoonintendance bayprivate poolin villa diningchez lamarbuggy servicemain poolcrashing wavescolonial stylemain buildingfour seasonssteam roomspa treatmentssun deckdirect access to the beach
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We stayed at Banyan Tree in Seychelles for the second time. First time was in Beachfront Villa and the second time in a 2 Bedroom Villa.

Both times were excellent but there were some minor inconveniences. Eg mosquitoes at night, the pool/jacuzzi were not clean all the time (but once cleaned beautiful) etc - nothing major and certainly nothing to ruin the stay.

We found the staff very friendly and helpful. On this trip, our villa host was a Seychelles local and gave us very good tips for dining out and helped us arrange a little Daihatsu Copen rental car.

As we had stayed the first trip entirely within the resort, this time we spent a couple of days driving around the island - the scenery is beautiful but the town is pretty quiet. Driving around is pretty straight forward but the roads are pretty narrow. It would be ideal to be able to rent a scooter for quick day trips actually....

Great breakfast in the villa. Food is good at the restaurants - we particularly liked the Thai restaurant, Safron. Also highly recommend the grill on the beach - the portions are huge, however, so best to pace yourself and not eat everything as they come.

The beach is clean but the waves are pretty strong so swimming was best done at the villa pool (much larger in the 2 bedroom villa) but better still at the resort pool.

Room service is also good.

Spa treatments were amazing....

However, the resort is getting a little aged. Nothing went wrong during our stay but we did notice some noisy air conditioning and other bits and pieces, which suggested the age of the facilities. Again, nothing major.

We drove into the new Four Seasons and found that to be generally cleaner and, of course, newer. However, we quite liked the fact that Banyan Tree felt smaller and more homely despite the resort as a whole being less polished. It would nice if they did a bit of work on the wetland, however - at night, some parts of it look a little spooky.

Overall, highly recommended but it is quite possible that this may not be the best value for money even amongst the 5 start resorts on Mahe.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KIMBO777
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Sorry for the lateness of this review we stayed here near theholdiays in December...
A very lovely resort tht is secluded and romantic with wll kept an lush grounds.
We were greeted by friendly staf with a drink ater the long flights from the states,
Check in went smooth and we were taken by golf cart to our villa which was the last beach front villa on the road. It had its own pool and spa and was one of te best rooms we have stayed (see pictue).
We ate at both restarants and the out door bufft barbques was not great. The chef was nice we sat and talked with him for a while and te abiance was beautiful but the food was not great. The oher restraunt int he main building was also not great. Again, good service, nice people and great setting just not the best food.
Beach was nice and quiet, right out front of our villa.
Problems when checking out. We were told we could not use amex card somethin about the currency problems, even though we booked through amex platinum. Also, the bill was more than we were qouted and the manager (great guy) e mailed us back and forth after the trip re the charges, I think that they chaged us approx $500 for the car pickup roundtrip and that is what added to the costs but i finally jut gave up. Everything was lovely and so it makes those issues not as bad.
We would recomend and stay here again especially of we got the same villa.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Superb Beach
Perfect Villa

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves on the last day of our honeymoon- and I’m sure the memory of this hotel will last forever! We stayed in a hillside villa (the cheapest- but I’ve no idea how it could have been any better!) which was large, had a private infinity pool & gazebo, and was fantastically set up with treats to help us celebrate our honeymoon! We could not find a complaint about this hotel- even if we tried. We squeezed an awful lot in so this review is quite long!

We went to the spa for a couple’s synchronised Lomi Lomi massage (discounted because we went in the afternoon) which was pure bliss- the room was on the edge of the hill to allow you to hear the waves crashing below and get the soft breeze during your massage. The masseurs were extremely talented and were able to focus on certain area of concern – not a typical massage by far.

We had booked a “champagne on the rocks” which would involve a short walk uphill to be greeted by a butler serving champagne and nibbles while watching the sunset- our butler came to the villa and expressed concerns that it may rain, and offered to set up the dining area beside our pool for our sunset. And we’re so thankful we did- the set up was amazing- and it did rain! They had scattered flowers everywhere and put candles all around the pool and outside area- so romantic! And the food and pink champagne was simply perfect.

We also had a BBQ in our villa which was amazing- complete with champagne and lobster (we were given a huge selection a few hours previously- we were able to choose 3 things- steak and lobster included, we did not go hungry!) with 2 people expertly cooking everything in front of us.

We had Dinner on The Beach the following night- with a moonlit gazebo covered in flowers and candles (including candle lit path leading us to the beach!)- it felt like we were the only people in the world- right next to the beach feeling like we were getting married again!

Overall- the hotel was fantastic, the beach was gorgeous (I would be tempted to argue better than Source D’ Argent), breakfast was amazing- with enough choice to keep you going for several weeks, the giant infinity pool was simply wonderful- the perfect place to relax and enjoy the Seychelles view, the villa was fantastic- although it wasn’t on the beach, it was perfectly secluded with a lovely view down the hillside (and even had a “Bath Menu” complete with aperitifs and wine to enjoy if you so wish) and perfect for a romantic getaway.

Not only would we recommend this place to anyone- we would tell them it is a must if they could afford it- the perfect end to a perfect holiday!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ModernGypsey
Reviewed 12 January 2010

We stayed in the Banyan Tree Seychelles for the second part of our honeymoon in June 2009 and were there for 10 nights.

We stayed in one of the Beach Villa's which consisted of a lovely room, own (large pool), outdoor hot tub / jacuzzi, outdoor pagoda / dining area and private sun deck with a path to our own personal sunbeds on the beach. The room interiors are well fitted and very comfortable the only downside to the rooms is that as the main room is raised up of the ground you could see straight under the building and see water pipes and the like, this was only visable from the side of the room but still little things like this do anoy me especially as it could be easily fixed with a few meters of lattice.

One thing that worried me when we first arrived is that the beach villa's back up onto a mangrove swamp which could be a little smelly at times (stagnant water) although this was not throughout the day and was only really noticable when catching a buggy from the hotel room to the main hotel building. I am concious that writing this may instantly put you off however you only really got a wiff of it when on a buggy, and although I was concerned about it at first it did not actually effect my stay what so ever. I'm not to sure if this is a seasonal problem or not so it could be that for the majority of the year this is not an issue.

The beach on this hotels is fantastic and I think is one of my favorite, the sea is clean and the beach is well maintained and as a lot of the hotel is set back from the beach it does give it a wonderful feeling of being more secluded than it actually is. The sea was quite rough though (as it was monsoon season) and the red flag was up for most of our stay (not that it stopped me from swimming every day)

The hotels has a number of dining options, Safron (Banyan Tree's Signature Thai Resturant) was very good with lovely food and very nice attentive serving staff. They also have a local food Resturaunt which we ate at once, we had a lovely night which was acompanied by a soloist guitar player however I did not enjoy the food as I thought I'd like to try the Bat Curry (big mistake) although my wife assures me that her's was very good and that it was my own stupid fault for doing my usual and ordering the weirdist thing on the menu. Again the staff here were spot on!

Where the Banyan Tree lets itself down is in the main resturant where brekfast is served and we ate for a number of nights. The staff here seem to be quite the oposite of the other resturants, they seemed distracted an somewhat unnatentive with repeated requests having to be made to remind them of drinks orders adn the like. The food however was good and they did have some bands playing on some of the nights which provided a nice atmosphere. There is also a Grill menu which the staff do not seem to hand out for some reason and you have to ask for which I would recommend asking as some of the best meals that I had during my stay came from this menu which contained a variety of meat steaks and lobster.

We also had In-room dining a few times (mostly for lunch) and the service on this was a little hit and miss as well. The food generally arrived but could take quite some time and on most occasions they would have forgotten something had to be re-sent for.

The spa here is very good with lovely staff which my wife made the most of, we booked in for a couples massage and both thoroughly enjoyed it, the treatment rooms are peaceful and well looked after.

There were not many activities available within the hotel although the front desk would organise things for you should you wish them to.

All in all we had a great stay at the Banyan Tree although if I visit the Seychelles again in the future I will be keen to see what other hotels have to offer. If they upped their game where it came to service and tidied up a couple of aesthetic issues then this would have received a 5* Rating.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple