US$120
US$115
US$84
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

Charlotte Villa(Takamaka)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Lialdomaison(Takamaka)
TripAdvisor
1,258 results
All reviewsbeachfront villathai restaurantour honeymoonintendance bayprivate poolin villa diningchez lamarbuggy servicemain poolcrashing wavescolonial stylemain buildingfour seasonssteam roomspa treatmentssun deckdirect access to the beach
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I stayed for 7 days in April 2008 with some friends and had a beach front villa. The villa was amazing - it's own pool and direct beach access. Very well designed and very calming with great indoor and outdoor living.

My friends shared the best villa they had and were allocated a 24 hour butler (Shashi) who did their ironing and unpacked their bags. Shashi was great and really looked after all of us. We spent a lot of time as a group at this main villa (which had not 1, but 2 pools!) and Shashi cooked us BBQ's and got us drinks etc.

We ate in the various restaurants every night and we were very happy with the food, especially the Thai restaurant. We had a great week there, however the resort is definately more for couples rather than a group of blokes.

The only downside is that the pool in one of my friend's beachfront villa wasn't working properly (the pump had stopped) and as a result he picked up an ear infection meaning he couldn't fly back, so I had to stay with him for an extra couple of days over the original trip. We moved to 'cheaper' hillside villas but they were still £550 per night each which when you just want to get home is not ideal.

I would go back, but this time with the wife!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Hotel very beautiful, even if not recently renovated
(we had a very picturesque villa with a great view over the beach and privacy)
But neither service nor food were up the standard of the price level
Breakfast service to villa generally forgot 30% of the order, many items of the menu were not available (and it did not change during the week there, food was only good at the BBQ chez la mar - only open twice a week and one needed to reserve in advance as booked out)
(we ate better at constance lemuria and at the four seasons)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Honeymooner1973
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2010

Dear Honeymooner1973

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, and I truly am sorry to learn of your unpleasant experience at Banyan Tree Seychelles.

Generally we receive positive comments and I certainly take your comments to heart. Please do rest assured that this is not on par with the standards set by our resort and corrective actions have already been initiated.

We thank you for your comments as it is exactly feedback such as yours that assists us in achieving the service excellence that we constantly strive for. We hope that despite the issues, overall you had a pleasant stay and I do look forward to be given the opportunity to personally welcome you again to Banyan Tree Seychelles.

Regards,

Ander Dimblad
Banyan Tree Seychelles

Reviewed 15 September 2010

We just returned after a 4 nights stay at Banyan Tree. I have read reviews and complaints about this resort in terms of the age of facilities, location, pests, pricy food and the like. But all of these were completely wiped out by the service levels of their staff. We are strict vegetarians and unfortunately the resort is not meant for vegetarians. However, we were given the service of an Indian Chef who handled our dining requirements extremely well. Would like to share our observations and experience:
1. Service levels of staff is amazing and extremely personalized to the extent that most of them remember your names and your Villa number.
2. Buggy service was super fast - possibly because we stayed in a beachfront closer to the lobby
3. Spa is awesome but heavily priced - 150 Euros for any 120 min massage.
4. Be careful while shopping at the gallery as some products we bought had crossed the expiry date which we realised on our return ! Apparently these were on 50% discount.
5. We traveled with an infant and were provided baby cot and baby food daily which is worth mentioning.
6. Hotel doesnt have their own cars which could transport you to the city. You need to rely on taxis which take 80 euros for a round trip to Mahe ! And there are no shops or signs of inhabitation for atleast few kilometers around the resort. So you are confined to the resort.
7. Swimming pool and Jacuzzi are great and well maintained. Pool is set at room temperature.
8. Amenities and fittings in the villa are indeed aged. Main doors are shaky, taps noisy and the like.But thats not of a great concern compared to the experience.
9. Airconditioning and Wireless internet both are serious issues. We were not even able to browse text emails. Airconditioning with fans on and still we felt warm in the nights.
10. Beaches are amazingly beautiful but extremely rough. So dont think of any activities in water.
11. The resort is extremely expensive and so pick some liquor at the department stores on way from the airport. Duty free doenst sell Seybrew !
12. Would like to name a few hotel staffs who are worth a mention:
Rina Tarigan - of reservations who took meticulous care to ensure our requierments were met
Satish Krishnan - Indian Chef who handled our vegetarian requirements extremely well
Fabian - Buggy driver who took us to the hilltop
Rian - made our candle-lit in-villa dining experience memorable
Balram - Indian chef who prepared our dinner
Marie - who handled our welcome arrangements
Bakyaraj - Security
There are some others whose names I dont recollect.
With the Four seasons coming up, this hotel is losing on guests mainly due to its overly secluded location, age of the resort and being a pricy destination.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Having stayed at other 5 star resorts that had pool villas, we had high expectations of the Banyan tree. The villa was tired and needed updating - the bath/shower area was old and dirty, the TV/DVD player were extremely old models with poor picture and sound quality.
The decking around the pool was very small and did not get sun after 2pm and the sun lounger was both uncomfortable and impractical. We had to spend all our time at the main pool which defeated the object of having a pool villa!

The food and the staff were excellent, all high quality however this did not make up for the villa. The company need to spend some serious money if they want to hold on to their 5 star status and compete with other resorts. Our recommendation, if you go the Seychelles, stay in the Four Seasons. The Banyan Tree has had its day

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This review is a bit late, but better late than never.

We were very concerned before arriving for our Honeymoon. We had spent a lot of money to have the perfect honeymoon and had read a bunch of good reviews on this site. However, after booking our trip we read quite a few bad reviews that had all happened recently, towards the second half of last year (2009)

I am glad to say that our concerns were unfounded, we had the most amazing trip. Complaints had ranged from the staff being rude, food being rubbish, the houses being full of animals etc etc. The staff are incredibly friendly and polite and the villa we stayed in was immaculate. There were one or two insects/lizards, but you have to understand that you are staying off by yourself surrounded by the forest, so it is natural for nature to creep in. If you don't like that then you shouldn't be on a remote island holiday in the first place.

Our villa was away from the main hotel by the rocks, so it was peaceful, all we could hear was the sound of the ocean breaking onto the rocks and the forest around us, it was good for the soul. We had a lot of room service, and the food always arrived quickly and nice and hot.

We did eat at the restaurant once (the Thai one) and I have to agree with previous reviews here, it could have been better and is overpriced. However, as I said, the room service food was nice and breakfast was great too.

Being down in the south of the island, it is away from the busy area and the beach was nice and quiet. I am an experienced swimmer/surfer/diver, and whilst it is fine for people who are used to swell and tide, novices should be aware of the water. Don't be put off though, I taught my wife to snorkel in the bay and we spent hours bodyboarding until the sun set.

We also went north to an area that has a huge tidal lagoon, and we snorkelled there for hours. It was beautiful and my wife really enjoyed it as the underwater world was all new to her. I went scuba diving with a company as well (one that the hotel recommended) and that really blew me away, I have done quite a few dives but this was amazing.

I also have to recommend the spa there, we went for a massage session and it was incredibly relaxing, with the surf crashing far below and the palm trees rustling around you. I don't think I have ever been so relaxed in my life!!!

We had the most amazing week of our life there, and I would like to thank all the staff at Banyan Tree for making it such a wonderful time. So if you like the beach, the sun, peaceful quiet romantic surroundings etc etc etc, then book yourself a wonderful time at the Banyan Tree Seychelles.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple