All reviews one night byzantine church no problem the main road pino francesco citta parking area manager town view
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We have just left Citta del Solle in Stilo after a 3 night stay. We had a wonderful time and cannot thank Francesco (The Manager) and Pino (assistant) so very much

The Hotel itself is beautiful and way and above what we were expecting when visiting this gorgeous quiet country area. All rooms have a gorgeous view of mountains and the coast with modern amenities. Good hot shower, big bathroom and easy to work air conditioning combined with a good sized room and comfortable bed.

We were visiting the area for family reasons and it was very quiet at the Hotel at this time. But that didn’t stop Pino doing so many wonderful things for us. We confirmed our reservation the day before we arrived and wanted to know we could get to the Hotel from the closest railway station approx 15 mins away. “ No problem” said Pino, “I’ll come and pick you up”. And there he was helping us with our bags as we got off the train !! He then took us straight to the Hotel. Fantastic service.

We then met Francesco who speaks perfect English and got a very personal and warm welcome. He explained that they usually close up around 10 pm each night but if we needed anything at all to just ask. We were off to meet Italian family for dinner and if you know how that goes it’s never an early night. We returned around 11pm with Pino waiting up personally for us. Again just wonderful service. (He did the same thing the next night for us reassuring us to enjoy ourselves and stay out as long as we wanted to)

Breakfast is included as well and who’s there to greet us with fresh continental breakfast each morning but Pino again. He is just amazing. He also makes you tea and coffee fresh to order each morning. No hot drink machines here !!! The continental breakfast is also fresh and waiting at your table in a very comfortable dining room

Pino again confirmed he would take us back to the railway station when we departed. And remember this was at NO EXTRA CHARGE !!! Again we were totally blown away by the service we received from Pino. Thank you so much

If you do have the opportunity to visit Stilo / Pazzano/ Bivongi, make you you book in at Citta del Solle. It’s a very beautiful part of the world but the best thing is the way you will be spoiled by Pino (and Francesco) at this wonderful property !!!

Peter Jamieson

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Your best bet in wonderful Stilo. Located on the main road into the old town, it's a rather new building, somewhat out of synch with the surrounding architecture. Inside it's more modernity, and very much a matter of taste if you like the furniture, the paintings etc.

Our room was not large but very clean, there's (working!) WiFi, ample parking space, an OK breakfast buffet, a great balcony overlooking the hills all the way to the sea.

However, the location is absolutely perfect and the service is 5*, the owner speaks English and knows exactly what you want if you're just staying for one night - but he also has options for a whole week in the area! Very kind, very helpful, made us feel at home immediately.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Stilo is a great location for exploring its part of Calabria, and Hotel Citta del Sole is a great hotel for your stay in Stilo. I highly recommend Hotel Citta del Sole.

The hotel is recently renovated. The décor was simple, but tasteful. And, by now I think a major addition, which was under construction when I was there, is probably completed. Hotel manager Francesco described the addition to me, and it sounded like a significant enhancement to an already good place.

My room was a bit sterile. But, it was spacious, impeccable clean and had everything a traveler could want. Breakfast was a winner and was clearly better than necessary and better than I ever expected.

Parking is a big plus. I stayed for three nights. I took day trips each day and had no problem parking upon return each day.

All considered, the hotel and it amenities were very good, and the employees made it great. I speak very little Italian. But, with the employees’ patience and determination to help, I got all the help I needed and all of my questions answered. And, they always made me feel welcomed in the process.

Hotel manager Francesco was especially helpful. He speaks English as if it is his first language. He knows everything a traveler needs to know about Stilo and the large surrounding area, and he loves to tell you all about the sites, restaurants, and anything else you might want to know. He obviously takes great pride in his work, and it shows in the high standards he sets for his hotel.

In addition to all of the above, I was totally delighted with the cost. I clearly received extraordinary value for my money.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel is modern,nice and clean. We were lucky to get the only room with the balcony. The views are amazing. The staff are helpful and friendly. The hotel is warm at this time of the year. Very good location. I would definitely recommend to stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016

the town of Stilo is worth visiting and eventually spend the night in this modern, clean and friendly hotel. The rooms are normal size with a view of the valley. In high season they have a restaurant. decent breakfast. Five minute walk from town center.

Room tip: Rooms facing the valley.
Date of stay: June 2016