“Delicious Food”

La Table du Pouyaud
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2017

A fabulous meal with exquisitely presented food, delicious wines, and welcoming, friendly service. An absolute gem!

Reviewed 13 December 2016

We have eaten here four or five times in the last couple of years and have always enjoyed the quality of the cuisine. The staff are very welcoming and the service is excellent. My wife does not eat meat and the chef is most helpful in adapting dishes where necessary.

The set menu is 34€ and has three choices per course, only disappointment from our visit this week was the portion size of the demi-pigeon, given the very small size of the breast I felt that they should have served a whole pigeon. The cod was excellent and the mushroom starter was outstanding. Both desserts were very enjoyable.

If we had one complaint it is with the quality of the bread. They serve a campagne torte, which on this visit was burnt on the base and was difficult to bite. A more refined bread would be more in keeping with the high quality of the cuisine.

Well worth a visit if you are in Perigueux.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

My son and I traveled through France, eating at 16 one and two starred restaurants over 12 days (plus a few bib gourmands). This restaurant provided the best dinner value of the trip. We chose the 34 Euro menu and had pigs feet / oysters as the starter; lamb was the main and the desserts were very memorable. This restaurant is all about the food, though the proprietor is also quite friendly. If you want exceptional food at remarkably low prices, then this is it. The Michelin guide is almost always perfect with its ratings and certainly is spot on here. We will be back.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

The menu starts at 34 euros and represents the best value. There is a lot to choose from. The other menus just include more expensive products such as truffle. The deco is a bit quirky with tables equipped with different types of chairs and with or without a table cloth. Not sure this is very successful...
Nevertheless the success is in the plate with tasteful Presse de foie gras and well spiced, tender and cooked lamb or pintade.
Surprised that the reviews on tripadvisor were not at 5 stars. We tasted most of the top rated restaurants around and this is certainly the best for value and better than few Michelin bib gourmand. For once the tables are well spaced so you do not feel hearing all the conversations around you.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

We went to this restaurant for lunch. The food is beautifully presented and well seasoned, but one big fault in my husband's cod with oysters. There were two long bones in the fish which is something I find unforgivable for a Michelin Star restaurant. The helpings were small, dainty and pretty, I wasn't hungry afterwards but I think the main course should have been bigger than a first course anywhere else. The desserts were a delight. One pet hate is having the wine left out of reach and the waiter serving it. I like to finish my wine with the end of the first course and he likes to save a glass to savour at the end of the meal. Hard to work out when you can't serve it yourself. I found the décor rather stark, dark brown carpet, shiny white ceiling, no cloths on the square tables, only on the couple of round ones.That would have been OK if the tables had been in a nice wood like oak but they were varnished with something that made them look like imitation light wood.