“A good, local 1 star Micelin restaurant”

Ristorante San Marco
Reserve with
Ristorante San Marco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Canelli
Price range: US$29 - US$63
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Only few minutes walk from the center of Canelli is this small and nice restaurant. Run by the Family. Good menu and Nice wine list. Good space between tables, best to sit upstairs. They are also planning a terrace, which would be very nice for lunch. We had asparagus mousse with bacalao, crayfish with asparagus, foie gras, home made pasta and lamb with asparagus (yes, I love asparagus). Good food, both presentation and taste. Some details that could be improved (ex crispy chips).

Reviewed 14 May 2017

A place where tradition meets taste and care. Excellent cooking skills of both local and more modern dishes; discreet and refined service.

PiercarloSanMarco, Proprietario at Ristorante San Marco, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thankyou so much for your kind words!

Best Regards

Reviewed 2 February 2017

The chef is creative and the food extraordinary. The ambiance in the restaurant is warm and comfortable and the wait staff is terrific. The vittello tonato was superb in every way. Our branzino was cooked perfectly. This is a must eat at restaurant when in the area.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Wonderful restaurant with warm friendly staff. We were greeted with smiles, warmth and professional staff. We sat in the lower level next to the racks of wine which we rally enjoyed. We were treated to amazing food, and great wine. We shared a bottle of Coppa which is located right next to this restaurant.

I want to complement the staff that was so caring and concerned for me during my visit when I started to not feel well due to jet lag. They quickly offered me warm herbal tea, a blanket and were very concerned. Even offering to get me some medical help if needed. I felt so very cared for and they really went out of their way.

So, that alone should tell you how much they care for you as a customer and that they will take care of your every need. They truly want you to have a great experience and to enjoy all the care they put into their food. I encourage you to call ahead for a reservation and enjoy this warm, friendly, Italian restaurant.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

Perfect meal. Perfect atmosphere. Perfect everything. The owners di Pietro and his wife, Mariuccia have really hit all the necessary levels for a top notch place. We were greeted by Juliano, the GM, and by Miguel, the restaurant's cute little dog just before were were seated. The restaurant offers a gluten-free option which was perfect for my wife. Juliano explained the menus clearly to us and helped us select the tasting menus and ensured the correct accommodation for my wife. The food was outstanding. Great Piemontese flavors and combinations. Juliano suggested the perfect wine pairings for the menu. Each course of the menu built on the others. And to add to all of that, it was truffle season, so we got fresh white truffles with our meal. Like a good Italian place, the table is essentially yours for the night. It was a nice long relaxing dinner. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.