Cool place , the staff are all friendly. You will enjoy when you stay️. The place is so relaxing and peaceful. The food was really good. The kids will enjoy they have playground ️️More
- Free Wifi
- Breakfast included
Cool place , the staff are all friendly. You will enjoy when you stay️. The place is so relaxing and peaceful. The food was really good. The kids will enjoy they have playground ️️MoreShow less
Dear Danielle C,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us from your recent holiday!
It is indeed a pleasure knowing you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad you loved the hospitality extended as well as the food options and the ambiance of the island itself. We do have a lot of sports activities for children as you have mentioned.
Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again in the near future.
We went as a family of 4 (including two boys of 8 & 5 years) for 5 nights. This was our third trip to Maldives (first for the kids though) in the past 10 years and we stayed at a different resort each time. Here’s my review:
- House reef - brilliant! We spotted reef sharks on many occasions, fantastic sight! The buoys and the ropes along the clear path (between the coral reef) from the beach to the deep was very handy for our little boys to safely make their way out and back to shore. Lots of fish too in the shallow waters and we even spotted a stingray twice in shallow waters.
- Clubhouse - excellent. We played pool, table tennis, some PS4 games and the kids tried a couple of activities at the kids club. Enough to do when you’re not in the water.
- Swimming pool - was heated which was helpful as we swam in the evenings, and we were worried if all that time in the ocean will lead to a cough/cold for the kids.
- Food - was very good and the chef made us some vegetarian food on request. We thought we would be bored after 5 days in the same restaurant (we were full-board) but that was definitely not the case!
- Housekeeping - excellent and water & coffee was stocked daily and the room cleaned very well. Very handy when you’re staying with kids!
- Dolphin cruise - superb! We spent about 30mins watching them swim and jump all around us.
- Airport transfers - efficient and it’s only 15 mins from the Airport which meant you did not spend too much travel time after the flight in and got to the airport quickly on the way back. All of that gives you more time on the island!
- WiFi - not very good but we were on holiday and did not mind it at all!
- Rooms - good. We stayed in a superior room and had an extra bed for the kids. There was decent space to move around and the bathrooms were big.
- Overall - would love to go back!
Thank you for taking your valuable time to share these wonderful remarks on our resort, your review has made us all very happy. We are glad your family had such a wonderful holiday in Bandos Maldives!
Our House Reef truly is remarkable, you have especially been lucky to come across these magnificent creatures that reside in our lagoon home. Our Club House facilities are for people of all ages to enjoy, to try different activities on holiday this surely gives you a lot of options and we are glad you enjoyed our facilities. It is truly wonderful to know you loved our Buffet and the food served, our chefs are exceptionally accommodating to any of your meal preferences and requirements as we would love for all our guests to enjoy devouring meals during their stay with us.
It was such a pleasure that you had chosen Bandos Maldives for your third trip in the Maldives and we are even more delighted as you have enjoyed all our facilities very much. We would love to see you and your family again!
Stayed for 3D2N and opted for Jacuzzi beach villa. The room is so nice, jacuzzi is well-functioned and spacious. everything is so nice. I am grateful my husband took me here. Foods are tasty, breakfast are varied and services all good. You can snorkel everywhere you want in the island. You can see sharks & sting ray and many more. I will definitley come again and stay longer
Thank you for your wonderful review on our resort based on your recent holiday with us! We are very happy to know you indeed loved our resort and the facilities offered.
Our House Reef is one of the greatest assets and one which most guests enjoy; it is great you were able to see reef sharks and sting rays which are our most beloved creatures.
It is an added pleasure to see your positive feedback on our food and meals offered.
We hope to see you again, thank you for staying with us and sharing this wonderful experience.
The island is beautiful. Classic desert island, coral sand, mangrove and coconut palms.The rooms are good and very clean but old and old style. The heat is high humidity and initially needs a bit of acclimatising. The staff are friendly and helpful. The food is bland but wholesome. Reasonable food choice but not exciting. The amenities are very good but perhaps irrelevant to most...there is a lovely badminton court, squash court, gym, volley ball court and amazing football pitch but for me it was too humid to enjoy the activities associated with them. I was there for the sea and the diving. The dive facilities are excellent. There is great care taken to explain the dive facility and its best use. The house reef perhaps 40 yards from the "dive shop" is excellent. We saw turtles, moray, rays, loads of reef sharks, parrot fish, lion fish, triggers, crown of thorns, clown fish and dozens of others. We had a great night dive and of course you see all the night creatures in vivid colour illuminated by the powerful led torches provided by the dive shop. BUT... you cannot take duty free alcohol into the Maldives and a small tin of beer is very expensive... So are soft drinks. The bars available are beautiful but we tended to have no more than a single beer in the evening.. Entertainment... Bands...films...didn't really get involved but seemed quite good and nice venue. BAD BIT: we were into diving so we signed up to two off island excursions. The first was to see Manta rays.... Got there ...no Mantas..... Big swell ...very disappointing dive boat trip. Second excursion was to see Whale Sharks. It is a very long boat trip.....very, very long. Not sure but we were dozens of miles at points from any land right out in the middle of the Indian Ocean...think "Life of Pi".... And we were in a storm that had swells the size of the boat...the outbound trip was about two and a half hours, the return trip was over three hours....so loads of sea sickness to the point of vomiting, the crew gave no reassurance other than sick bags. it wasn't clear whether the Maldives has a coastguard service and although the the boat we were on was capable in the force 6 sea we were in, there was no reassurance or confidence that it would withstand deteriorating conditions..... A most unpleasant experience! Expensive, exhausting, scary at times and no whale sharks at all!.This ruined the holiday for me....I felt the trip was badly explained. The claim is made that Whale sharks are seen 80% of the time..... Not sure....a quick review showed no photographic evidence of something people would certainly photograph...... My opinion is that a 50% refund should be given for no-encounter trips and this should be built into their costing.... It wasted an entire day..... I'm still unsure whether it was just a money earning boat taxi trip with the vague chance of seeing a Whale shark..
So from a diver perspective.....very good house reef....very good dive staff and instructors..... The reef itself is grey dead but the fish are still there. Beware of tips especially long distant ones...
Overall I would not go again but that is largely due to one very unpleasant day!
I booked Bandos as our final 2 nights from 30 Sep to 2 Oct to celebrate my husband's birthday. This was our 4th trip to Maldives and it turned out this trip to Bandos was our best trip at Maldives.
We had a few surprises during our stay.
1) We booked a standard room but did not know till we got to our room and found out we were upgraded to a Jacuzzi Beach Villa. There were only woos and wows when we saw the room. We both dreamt to stay in this room type since our 1st trip to Maldives in year 2004 but did not want to splurge our expenses on accommodation. We were so exhilarated and grateful to the management for giving us this opportunity to stay in our dreamed room.
2) During dinner time, the staff at Gallery Restaurant surprised us by presenting a petite chocolate cake and they even sang to my husband the birthday song merrily! This really touched our hearts and we would never forget that moment!
3) We had a full board plan and every meal was presented with pleasant surprises. The culinary skill of the chef was superb. The buffet spread ranged from salads, starters, bite size food, stewed meat, stable food and the most remarkable and unforgettable was all the dessert dishes. They were really made to perfection as they melted in your mouth and gave a sweet lingering taste and we could not stop at just one piece after tasting it. Thank you Shizayya, her team and their greatest master Chef!
4) The house reef was easily accessible from the beach and we did at least 3 snorkelling trips a day. The current was really strong on those few days but being experienced and avid snorkellers, we still enjoyed all the trips out in the rough sea. We saw sharks, lion fish, Moray eel, octopus, turtle, sting ray, puffer fish and many more colourful reef fishes. We were sad to notice the reef appeared to be badly bleached and broken corals on most of the reef.
Finally, we would like to recommend honeymooners, birthdays or anniversary seekers, to hold these special occasions at Bandos! This resort is just 15 mins speed boat ride from the airport. It is very clean, quiet, peaceful, great amenities, friendly staff and their great music team on Sunday night!
We have just returned from Bandos having spent 9 days in a deluxe romm on AI. Overall for what we paid it was value for money as although we are not big drinkers it was nice not to have to worry about racking up a bill to be paid at the end.
Room was good ( number 261) in what we would say was a nice part of the island. Food was ok ,it felt a bit repetitive but was of good quality and was arranged well.
We found the Huvan bar at sunset was just perfect for sipping a cool G n T and watching the sun dip down .
Service in the sand bar was particularly slow at times which could be annoying as it was never really over busy.
A special mention to our waiter in the Gallery restaurant who was known as Roger?? he was absolutely superb and looked after us for our entire stay. He is a real asset to Bandos.
Weather was exceptional with only an odd shower here or there .We flew with Qatar and found them to be very good.
One negatve....the island has quite a few Chinese holiday makers and their manners in the dining room can be a bit off putting as I witnessed on more than one occasion people spitting out onto the table and floor food which wasn't to their taste. One morning when we were eating breakfast a Chinese family were passing by when the two children just stopped and went to the toilet on the path in front of the Gallery restaurant and the parents both laughed.
This really disgusted us and I do think that Bandos needs to put some signs up in Chinese to stop this.
We are seasoned travelers to the Maldives and this being our 9th holiday there all on different islands.
Would we go back to Bandos probably not, are we going back to the Maldives DEFINITELY..