“Lovely Place”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

nice setting on the banks of the Mandovi River, the food and service is good, the prices are reasonable, Good entertainment on some evenings though good could get a bit loud at times
Fresh Seafood catch cooked the way you want it is really nice and they do it the way you want it

Reviewed 25 February 2018

The Prawn Balchao we ordered was funny tasting, appeared to be a case of pouring vinegar on a tomato gravy base & the Chicken cafreal was a culmination of boiled chicken tossed in a green base gravy with marination time near zero.

Starters were OK and the river side location is the only saving grace

Reviewed 4 February 2018

A very nice place located on the banks of the river Mandovi. They have a nice outdoor seating area with very nice views. Great food too.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Whenever we are in town we use this restaurant, and come over on the free ferry as it is so convenient, the restaurant being located right where the ferry offloads.
The menu is varied, offering Goan, India, Chinese as well as some Western dishes - something for every one.

Efficient service, good quality food and good value make this place a repeat destination for us when we are in town.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

It's such a huge disappointment when I actually came back for the 4th time again, thinking they would have stepped up their game in terms of food and service but I was mistaken. Went there for lunch today with 13 of my family members, occasion being a send off get together for my cousin and his fiancé. The food was really bad again, after coming back because I believed in this place. But what took us by shock was the service, we were given a paper and pen to write our order down which is still okay. The bit that made me decide that I'm not going to enter this place ever again is that one of the staff who turned out extremely rude because we ordered two additional lemon ice teas and he told us the bar was closed. I mean the ice tea is made from the ready made sachets, so I told him about it and he chose to walk away from me. Then told another staff to do so and he agreed but then shorty returned saying that he was told to tell us the bar is closed, it's not like we were ordering another last minute dish, we actually had to cancel on the chapatis as the rude waiter John came to us and said that the chapatis aren't ready yet so should I cancel it, being understanding we said not a problem and go ahead and cancel it. John then came to tell us while we were still eating that the restaurant is closed and that we need to leave.. This is the part where I have had enough. Actually walked up to him just to ask him his name and then left the property. Well I'm definitely not going back there neither is my family and friends going there. It's just sad to see such a lovely place diminish with such bad service and poor food quality. Terry's used to serve some of the best local delicacies, not anymore. I wish you'll all the best and I hope you'll treat your guest right. Humble reminder, people don't eat there for free. Everyone pays.. So kindly treat your guests in a nice way.