“I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!!”
Review of Chateau Margarite

Chateau Margarite
Reviewed 15 April 2015

I spent three wonderful nights there at this hotel, me and my husband. And we both loved it, it was so peaceful and tranquil. The service was amazing, and they are great people, with excellent customer service. IF your going to montego bay, you have to visit this place, the food was good, and the scenery in there dining room was upscale and peaceful. I love the decor. it is in such a beautiful private area, and they offer a lot of services, even WI-fi, I love it and I would definitely come again!

Room Tip: Quiet, Tranquil, Excellent Service, Good authentic Jamaican food
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Talissab2015

Reviewed 23 March 2015

The place is great. I spent 2 nights here and slept really well. The price is good because you are staying just outside Montego Bay.

I asked what food was on offer and asked if we could try different things. No problem. Ate like kings.

Didn't use the pool as the ocean is 5 mins walk.

Internet was not working first night in the room, but in the main building the speed was good.

Loved my time here and will be back to stay again!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2015

This place and its people - okay, and the food as well - will always stay in my heart and soul. This is really something special! I never got a hug from the cook anywhere before in my life when I said "I'm about to leave..." And when she said "you didn't even cook with me!!" - I said "i didn't know i could?!? Well okay then I will have to come again" - and I did, and they welcomed us like good friends. Soo sweet!! :-)
The rooms are okay, nothing fancy, but its all clean (not new though) - and I find the price more than fair! I would never ever go to another place when I come to stay again in Montego Bay! And if I somehow don't have the time to stay over - I would always come by for this awesome FOOD!!! And to get another hug from the cook of course... :-) :-)

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindaGraf
Reviewed 8 January 2015

I stayed here the night before flying out from Mobay and got about two hours of sleep. Once the sun goes down, dogs in the neighborhood will bark all night. We also had some very noisy neighbors who bickered late at night, while this isn't the management's fault, the building is still to blame. The walls in between rooms are not complete and there is about a 6 inch gap between the ceiling and the wall, so you can almost hear your neighbor breathing.
The shower is a trickle, I think the sink has more water and the toilet runs for a long time after being flushed.
Upon arriving, we made a wrong turn and the management was nice enough to come find us and lead us in the right direction. As we were checking in, they seemed inconvenienced that we were using local currency and we were even charged an extra $26 for booking through booking.com.
The villa where you stay is separate from the main office and has a very nice swimming pool and great chairs on the balcony for relaxing. From the top floor you can even see the ocean. But as I said, relaxing until the sun goes down.
Although the people checking us in mentioned we would have wifi, we did not at our building. But is is likely to change, as one of the workers mentioned to us.
All in all, it's nice to stay away from the hustle bustle of MoBay, but don't plan on getting a good night's sleep here!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 375Jess
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I had stayed at several different places during my 12 trips to Jamaica. The chateau is my favorite. The real Jamaican experience is there! The food, the hospitality, the service, keep me returning to this peaceful, jamaican villa. I have stayed there at least six times in my travels to Jamaica, and enjoy staying there more each time. I cannot wait to go back and enjoy a wonderful week in Jamaica.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Been to Chateau Margarite? Share your experiences!