“THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN JAMAICA”
Review of Chateau Margarite

Chateau Margarite
Reviewed 18 March 2016

My family and I stayed at Chateau Margarite and was extremely amazed and blessed. Mr. & Mrs. Dawkins and the staff members were truly dynamic; they treated us like family and we were able to pick from the numerous fruit trees on the premises. I will no longer waste my money lodging at the larger hotel chains that are often times so impersonal and sometimes staff are very disrespectful. If you want a place where you can get good food, good conversation and good service, then you need to stay here.. ;)

Room Tip: Upper level room offer a better view of the beach
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Pauline P

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Great place to enjoy for a night:)
Nice welcome,clean accommodation, our driver suggested.
We enjoyed walking down the hill and turned right and found a cave that lead out to the ocean, we ran into an older gentleman we remembered from Montego Bay he was working at a property behind us we had him over and he brought fresh coconuts !!
We brought snacks and wine and we went to a local bar, and enjoyed a small market by the river

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank islandlorna2
Reviewed 22 February 2016

On the way back from Negril to the airport, our driver recommended this restaurant to us, we told him we were in search of authentic oxtail. Nothing fancy and touristy. The restaurant is located inside a guest house, from the first impression, it was dead, hole in the wall kind of place. We didn't care much about appearance, I always have an open mind and really, this was just the type of place I was looking for. The beef & chicken stew was REALLY GOOD, definitely made our last meal memorable. They rotate their specials daily, I missed out on the oxtail and jerk chicken, but this was just as good I believe. The food was pretty cheap, however, they charged us $5 US for water bottles, which I found a little odd.
MY ADVICE: I am not sure if locals and tourists receive the same pricing, but our driver food was around $5 whereas ours was $20. Either way, you might want to clarify that with the counter lady.. for more info please see my blog. i have photos and other recommendations.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tila H
Reviewed 4 February 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at Chateau Margarite. We stayed four nights there and loved it so much that we went back the next week for one more night.

We really enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel. The food was delicious and the price was excellent for group.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Keicha G
Reviewed 21 January 2016

I stayed at Chateau Margarite with my wife and 9 month old daughter for 5 days over the new years and had the greatest time. The views, the food, the hospitality were incredible. Mr and Mrs. D go all out to make you feel like one of the family during your stay. The pool and Jacuzzi made each day enjoyable. Great meals and great hosts what more can you ask for. My daughter loved roaming the grounds and having fresh coconut.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry B

Been to Chateau Margarite? Share your experiences!